Official NT East Coast Blizzard thread vol. you ready NYC, Philly, Boston?

Dog i shoveled yesterday & came back to where I was parked wit more snow under my tires. Only problem is its 18 degrees now and not 31 like yesterday...im stuck.

Had to call out of work and now im just sitting in my car [emoji]128528[/emoji]

Gotta drive my brother to the train station. Problem is no one shoveled the driveway and the snow turned into ice. Def gonna get stuck.

Can't sand these folks who are too lazy to knock the snow from the roof of their car. Dodging falling ice like Mario Kart on the highway :smh:

Can't sand these folks who are too lazy to knock the snow from the roof of their car. Dodging falling ice like Mario Kart on the highway :smh:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Do you guys think this is the last winter storm we'll see for the year or is the east coast known to have a couple of these storms in the spring?

Still trying to understand east coast weather lol.

Dog i shoveled yesterday & came back to where I was parked wit more snow under my tires. Only problem is its 18 degrees now and not 31 like yesterday...im stuck.

Had to call out of work and now im just sitting in my car [emoji]128528[/emoji]
This was exactly me 
laugh.gif
. Was clear yesterday, came out to my car, STOOD on top of the snow bank and saw my work got erased and did this...

QvKSwG.gif

Do you guys think this is the last winter storm we'll see for the year or is the east coast known to have a couple of these storms in the spring?

Still trying to understand east coast weather lol.
It should be done after this

When I worked for a freight company - I saw half the snow/ice break off the top of a 53' trailor (so thats about a 20'-25' slab of snow/ice) then fly back & crash onto the car behind it. Like a missile launch. :x

Last edited:

When I worked for a freight company - I saw half the snow/ice break off the top of a 53' trailor (so thats about a 20'-25' slab of snow/ice) then fly back & crash onto the car behind it. Like a missile launch. :x

that happened to me a couple winters ago. it wasn't that big to be honest. or maybe it was i can't recall but it was a spectacular crash on my windshield. i didn't swerve and the windshield was fine..but i distinctly remember seeing it fly off the truck and just looking in awe as it flew towards me, where all of this happened in split second. crazy experience.

the real problem up here in the northeast is the dreaded pothole. honestly, there are more potholes than they can patch, and driving in boston or NY...you need an economy suspension. im talkin a subaru outback, forrester, accord, camry. **** that is a smooth ride. i drive a WRX on stock suspension and man is it rough. my winter tires are low on the sidewall to be fair, but when i drove my boy's 2016 pathfinder :wow:. night and day. like im on an airplane rolling across the tarmac. pothole? what pothole.

people who do coilovers in the NE are crazy. maybe its cuz im older now, but ground clearance is actually important to me lol.

worst thing about potholes is that some streets need to be repaved and wont, cuz budgets. :smh: its terrible. $1 trillion ain't enough word to my civil engineers out here.

The leftover snow isn't even any kind of soft. It's straight up solid like ice.

Man, honestly - they leave some streets in disrepair just to discourage high speeds...like speed bumps...i kid you not :smh:

patchwork on some lookin like spiderm-man's web after a few years & few applications :smh: like - dat dont help with the bumps yall :smh:

Had to pour hot water on my front and rear windshield since the ice wasn't cracking with the scraper.

Harrisburg, PA got smacked, school closed again today. Pittsburgh was expecting at least 3" but all we got was a little dusting and freezing temps. Half the city was ready to call off but woke up pissed instead :lol:

left my appointment in Rosslyn yesterday and got hit with like 30-40 mph gusts during the three block walk to the metro...that wind was unbearable

this coming from someone that likes cold weather, too...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom