Official NT East Coast Blizzard thread vol. you ready NYC, Philly, Boston?

I mean I got a decent amount of snow but it's not anywhere near what the forecast was initially saying yesterday. Went from 12-20 inches and now it's been downgraded to 4-8 inches. Still gotta shovel though so it's all the same to me.

I mean I got a decent amount of snow but it's not anywhere near what the forecast was initially saying yesterday. Went from 12-20 inches and now it's been downgraded to 4-8 inches. Still gotta shovel though so it's all the same to me.

i'm still in dat 18-24" range tho b :\

you feel me

Last edited:
DC Public School; 2 Hour Delay. The only idiots that sent kids to school. 70/380 kids came to school man. 23 in my grade. We are sitting her and we adults outnumber the kids.

I'm a Cali guy that doesn't mind the cold/ light and moderate snow at all. However, do you guys that have to travel frequently just not go anywhere during the winter? I fly 2-4 times a month, and flight delays/cancellations are one of the most frustrating things on earth. After being stranded on East Coast airports a few times and hearing all the horror stories about mass flight cancellations throughout the region (as well as the Midwest), it would just be too much of a headache to live there long term for me.

I know blizzards obviously don't happen every day, but doesn't the randomness of East Coast weather make it extremely difficult to plan anything during those 3-4 months?

Last edited:
I'm a Cali guy that doesn't mind the cold/ light and moderate snow at all. However, do you guys that travel frequently just not go anywhere during the winter? I fly 2-4 times a month, and flight delays/cancellations are one of the most frustrating things on earth for me. After being stranded on East Coast airports a few times and hearing all the horror stories about mass flight cancellations throughout the region (as well as the Midwest), it would just be too much of a headache to live there long term for me.
i fly phl to boston regularly and rarely have had any major weather related issues. Usually just try and get out of boston early if its coming or cancel the trip there if a snow storm is forecast. Sometimes you can get screwed, but in my experience its not as frequent as you think. Its rrally only about 2-3 months/yr we need to think about snow.

Last edited:
Got it. Maybe it gets overblown in media over here, because our "winter storms" are 50 degrees with rain, so when we hear about your guys' blizzards on the news, it sounds apocalyptic :lol:

I did get a flight to LA canceled back in December because of how much it was raining throughout California, but it's an extremely rare situation that happens maybe once every few years.

Last edited:
DC Public School; 2 Hour Delay. The only idiots that sent kids to school. 70/380 kids came to school man. 23 in my grade. We are sitting her and we adults outnumber the kids.

That's a bad look on the Mayor. Should have kept them home if the threat was that serious in your area.

That's a bad look on the Mayor. Should have kept them home if the threat was that serious in your area.
And the kids have to walk in the streets because most of us don't live in neighborhoods that are top priority for shoveling sidewalks. It is nasty outside man

Just got done shoveling...that was some of the heaviest snow ive ever shoveled haha. Hate when it gets wet like that smh

Got it. Maybe it gets overblown in media over here, because our "winter storms" are 50 degrees with rain, so when we hear about your guys' blizzards on the news, it sounds apocalyptic
laugh.gif

I did get a flight to LA canceled back in December because of how much it was raining throughout California, but it's an extremely rare situation that happens maybe once every few years.
Yeah, I mean the only thing to worry about is if you are taking a vacation or something.  I am lucky with work that I have flexibility and I always just buy travel insurance, but I can imagine it screws some people over if they have a trip to cancun and a blizzard hits - and didn't have insurance and flexibility at work.  But, imo, chances are that is unlikely to happen.

Last edited:
how many inches of snow did you guys get? here in the jersey shore we didnt get 1 drop but just rain and a lot of wind... im just glad i had a day off and not have to shovel :lol:

From the inside looking out, it doesn't look like much snow, but I just finished shoveling around my house and it was, without question, the hardest I've had to shuffle this winter season. Snow was PACKED and heavy as heck.

I shoveled a few hours ago and loved every minute of it. Alternating sides.

Came in a did a little dumbbell circuit in my crib right after.

Strong like bull!

I shoveled a few hours ago and loved every minute of it. Alternating sides.

Came in a did a little dumbbell circuit in my crib right after.

Strong like bull!
this.

how can people not love the workout that comes along w it.

i will not buy a snowblower until my body cannot shovel on its own 

So crazy hear you guys talking about shoveling lol. I know it's the norm for you, but still. Never done it before (from LA).

From the inside looking out, it doesn't look like much snow, but I just finished shoveling around my house and it was, without question, the hardest I've had to shuffle this winter season. Snow was PACKED and heavy as heck.

Bruh I was not prepared for how heavy the snow was. Was tired before I even reached the sidewalk 
laugh.gif

Some parts were just pure ice too so I had to get the spade to break it up so I could move it out the way 
mean.gif

Wow..did three shoveling sessions got one more to do...must have burned like 3000 calories..also walked about a mile to get food

Anyway..I have to find an old chair in my basement so I can hold my parking spot tomorrow :rofl:

My boss just text me that the office has a delay tomorrow..don't have to go in til 10..I'll take the hour and a half

Last edited:
I live on a mean hill(undercliff ave) and 1 car is in the garage but the other in the driveway has me concerned. Seen a whip come skidding down the block and hit a tree thankfully because some idiot probably forgot to put down their e-brake.

Last edited:
Torn on driving to the train station tomorrow morning in an attempt to find parking or take the bus to and back home.

Alternate side is suspended, which may not free up as many spots. The bus home tho is always miserably packed :smh: .

Back
Top Bottom