Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

I doubt any Creed will go the way of ADG. I still never come across GIT and that was the hype before Aventus.
idk, GIT has been around almost 30 years now. With the factors like the internet with YouTube reviews and sites like fragrantica and basenotes, access to decants and samples, the amount of hypebeasts in this day and age. The ability for aventus to be heard about is just so much greater than that of GIT woulda been when it came out.
I know the fragrance industry is huge, but I still barely ever even smell any guys wearing cologne, so I know I'll never come across someone wearing aventus :lol:

Yes! Haven't posted in quite a while but follow it daily. It's put me onto some great smells I'd never even know about had it not been for y'all. Great thread and upkeep as well!

RL Purple lable all day today/tomorrow. New Years Eve is the night I un-ds my Aventus. Happy Holidays team cologne fam :pimp:

Purple Label is awesome; I have a small 1 oz bottle; need to invest in a bigger bottle

I've had a few chats with random people in places like Sephora.. Maybe one dude had ever heard of Aventus that I've spoken to.

I agree tho, NSJ.. Just searching through instagram and other social sites, all it takes is for one athlete to endorse Aventus like Drake or Jayz dude Tom Ford then BOOM.. Aventus would be hypebeast certified. 

This thread got me hip to Aventus. Since I've been wearing it the past few months, I've got plenty questions about the fragrance. Unbeknownst to me, my brother had a few sprays of of it the other day, then went to work at the studio and said he got a compliment from Ciara (the singer). :lol: :smh:

But, it's definitely a compliment getter when you walk up to somebody, or give them a hug.

all it takes is for one athlete to endorse Aventus like Drake or Jayz dude Tom Ford then BOOM.. Aventus would be hypebeast certified. 
lol this is true my friend knew I had tobacco vanille and wanted to try it really badly. I asked him why and he said "cause it's tom ford"
:lol:

idk, GIT has been around almost 30 years now. With the factors like the internet with YouTube reviews and sites like fragrantica and basenotes, access to decants and samples, the amount of hypebeasts in this day and age. The ability for aventus to be heard about is just so much greater than that of GIT woulda been when it came out.
I know the fragrance industry is huge, but I still barely ever even smell any guys wearing cologne, so I know I'll never come across someone wearing aventus :lol:

Might be side tracking but this brings up a great point. I've always wondered how the fragrance industry is so huge when you dont see/hear a lot of dudes really into cologne like that. Like are these brands even making money? :lol:

Might be side tracking but this brings up a great point. I've always wondered how the fragrance industry is so huge when you dont see/hear a lot of dudes really into cologne like that. Like are these brands even making money? :lol:
I guess it depends what companies you're looking at. If you think about designers like gucci, chanel, versace, etc... they sell how many other products at very very high prices. Their cologne sales are probably just a very small portion of their overall sales.

Last edited:
I just got (gucci- made to measure) whats a good cologne carried at macy's I can pickup when I return it?

I just got (gucci- made to measure) whats a good cologne carried at macy's I can pickup when I return it?
I didn't think fragrances were even returnable.
Anyway, you gotta give us more detail. What kind of scent are you looking for? While overpriced, Macy's has a decent selection

Last edited:
I guess it depends what companies you're looking at. If you think about designers like gucci, chanel, versace, etc... they sell how many other products at very very high prices. Their cologne sales are probably just a very small portion of their overall sales.
The

Designers are huge sellers, but most dudes reserve wearing cologne to special occasions. Most guys I know that are not American wear cologne every day, tho.. I've smelled Aventus only once on someone on the metro in Paris. And Dior homme quite a few times in the streets.

I've had so many women tell me they are attracted to good smelling men, but not many state side rock frags, so they are even more taken back when they smell stuff as unique as Aventus, DHI etc.. pretty much fellas, get your cologne game up and consistent with your attire. Yambs will flock.

I didn't think fragrances were even returnable.
Anyway, you gotta give us more detail. What kind of scent are you looking for? While overpriced, Macy's has a decent selection

I can possibly return it to any store for the Holidays, even Nordstrom. Im looking for a popular scent at Nordstrom. I want some Aventus but my Nordstrom doesn't carry it.

What stores carry TV and New Haarlem?

Most guys I know that are not American wear cologne every day, tho..
Funny you mention that, where I went for undergrad there is a very large foreign student population and they were always wearing something. Then on the other hand for the American students I'd smell adg and Abercrombie fierce from time to time, but usually pretty rarely

Lucky you. It's getting too popular for my taste, if it was cheaper it would hit ADG status easily.

I could rant about it for a day, but I just want to wish y'all a Merry Christmas. Couple hours left, so enjoy it while it's here :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom