OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Found this hoodie on NDC.

I never played in the 4's or 5's,
when those were out money wasn't as good for me then as it is for me now, so I was rockin regular bball shoes, I want to try them out now, just hard to find...
I got in to the Kobes, because 1. He's the GOAT #TEAMKOBE!!! 2. I always liked Low tops,... Don't judge me but I loved the Tmacs back in the day lol
When you ball in the ZKV you will think every other basketball shoe is complete garbage.  Lockdown was perfect, I could ball for days with the zoom on the V's.  Although the traction was a bit meh..Overall a really really solid basketball shoe, in my own opinion, best shoe I ever played basketball in.  They need to get back to the lightweight ****, it seems that the VIII's look lightweight but Idk.

Last edited:
ok. @ this point, i think its safe to say we can expect patterns on 3/4's of the viiis to be released.

tryna keep hope alive but so far these are lookin like a failed sig...

I don't understand people saying uninspired this, too plain that.
the 4s came out with really basic colorways, It just had suede and
different leathers to compliment it. That said, I think that we're just
seeing the natural progression of things. Like, how else can Nike
give us BETTER colorways when they released almost 40 cws per
sige since the kobe 4. That's too many shoes to design and I just
don't think we will like EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Anyhoo, I'm liking this negative vibe people have. At least it will be
easier for me to... oh wait. NO. Because everyone buys up all the
nice colorways when they drop. :smh:

Last edited:
I do not understand why Nike is using these ugly *** "patterns" to put more detail on the shoe..For example, people didn't like the Leopard spots on the Xmas pair, then they put yellow, orange, and black on the Del Sol VIII's and I don't even know wtf those Xmas's are. 

Why can't they just do simple colorways like the IV, V, VI's..

I do not understand why Nike is using these ugly *** "patterns" to put more detail on the shoe..For example, people didn't like the Leopard spots on the Xmas pair, then they put yellow, orange, and black on the Del Sol VIII's and I don't even know wtf those Xmas's are. 

Why can't they just do simple colorways like the IV, V, VI's..

because if they do, people will say "too plain" like people are doing right now.
It's just too hard to please people nowadays I guess.

because if they do, people will say "too plain" like people are doing right now.
It's just too hard to please people nowadays I guess.

This.

Just look at the kd 5 thread

8 bit colorway = too loud, cosby sweater looking shoe etc
home colorway = too plain, looking like a takedown hyperdunk TB

^ Yep, and once the KD V's officially release all of those people hating in there will be all over them just like the KD IV's.

It's been said a thousand times, but slap limited on an ugly colorway and the shoes will sell. That was the case with the Kobe VII's and you'd think those were the worst shoes ever made the way some people complain about them.

Those Draft Day looking VIII's actually look really good. For those who thought the other two patterns were too loud, now we're hearing these are too plain. :smh:

i cant front tho, those xmas joints startin to look dope. lol

the blk base saves em...

^ Yep, and once the KD V's officially release all of those people hating in there will be all over them just like the KD IV's.
It's been said a thousand times, but slap limited on an ugly colorway and the shoes will sell. That was the case with the Kobe VII's and you'd think those were the worst shoes ever made the way some people complain about them.
Those Draft Day looking VIII's actually look really good. For those who thought the other two patterns were too loud, now we're hearing these are too plain. :smh:

^ Yup I say that to people all the time... Kd's didn't blow up til that QS on the WMs went on it. then all of a sudden KD4s were must haves.

I'm liking this too. idk why people keep saying PDF pattern......its the pattern of snake skin.. just in different colors. , possibly with it being YOTS we may get different snake patterns with each shoe.

These new Kobe's look like they'll be much more comfortable than the VII's. I found the VII's to be too narrow and too stiff. Hoping these VIII's will feel light like the IV's felt. 

^ Yup I say that to people all the time... Kd's didn't blow up til that QS on the WMs went on it. then all of a sudden KD4s were must haves.
I'm liking this too. idk why people keep saying PDF pattern......its the pattern of snake skin.. just in different colors. , possibly with it being YOTS we may get different snake patterns with each shoe.
oowwww if they do different snake patterns im down, but obviously color blocking is key!!!

Those WTK's look like WTF and people still buy em since it was QS, and a resell price of $350+..:rofl:

The WTK hype train is too funny. People who actually like em, I dig that.
But those copping to resell and stunt because theyre limited? ****

The WTK hype train is too funny. People who actually like em, I dig that.
But those copping to resell and stunt because theyre limited? ****

So true. I really liked the WTK but the disgusting hype and resell price made me forget about them. It's just not worth it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom