OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I also ball in them. And quite heavily. I gave two different pairs around 10 hours break in time each.
Terrible. Simply Terrible.
Slappy transition, poor fit, felt heavy, foot pain, unstable. 
One of the worst shoes I own quite honestly, and i have 30+ different pairs in which i ball in.
I own the galaxy VIIs and home elite VIIs, and although they are not the best performing (nor my favorite) of the kobe line, they are not as bad as you make them out to be. Transition is ok for me, fit wasnt great for my foot initially (was tight but better after break in period), agree with the heaviness, i have no foot pain and to be honest these shoes were very stable (very large outriggers on forefoot and heel).
I'm a natural 9 1/2 and as everyone knew already you go .5 up. I was able to wear both sizes of this shoe fortunately. with 9 1/2 being a tad more snug.
I also have narrow feet. but I experienced no heel slippage what so ever. ,
TBH I had more problems ballin in the 6's a half size up.
Now im also not playing everyday. wrapping my ankles or nothing like that, balling everyday, but I was playing in them 2-3 times a week.
My 6's depending on the socks, would be burning my feet up. i switched to the 7s mid game, and felt a lot better. Lock down was more on point.. no slipping or friction with the 7s.
Now as far as the cross fit and regular work outs I do, I love using the 6's for that, wear them everyday in the gym especially on leg workout days for squats, lunges, etc..

so to be honest with the 8's if they are like the 6's im going to have to go True to size on these.

they weren't stable at all. the heel will not lock in place no matter what you do.
Heel slippage is always gonna be there no matter how you choke the laces.
And like I said, I'm rehabbing my metatarsals because of this shoe. This expensive
shoe actually cost me money for the hospital bills. Ain't that weird? :x

I'm sorry to hear about that man, I didn't experience that at all. I hope you have a speedy recovery and get back on the court soon.

I'm a natural 9 1/2 and as everyone knew already you go .5 up. I was able to wear both sizes of this shoe fortunately. with 9 1/2 being a tad more snug.
I also have narrow feet. but I experienced no heel slippage what so ever. ,
TBH I had more problems ballin in the 6's a half size up.
Now im also not playing everyday. wrapping my ankles or nothing like that, balling everyday, but I was playing in them 2-3 times a week.
My 6's depending on the socks, would be burning my feet up. i switched to the 7s mid game, and felt a lot better. Lock down was more on point.. no slipping or friction with the 7s.
Now as far as the cross fit and regular work outs I do, I love using the 6's for that, wear them everyday in the gym especially on leg workout days for squats, lunges, etc..
so to be honest with the 8's if they are like the 6's im going to have to go True to size on these.
I'm sorry to hear about that man, I didn't experience that at all. I hope you have a speedy recovery and get back on the court soon.

Thanks a lot Tdogg2k! It really sucks. I might be out for at least a month. I'm dying to play. :x
I just hope the 8s would be a return to form ala kobe 4/5. I swear to god I will buy at least 4 pairs.
:tongue:

Thanks a lot Tdogg2k! It really sucks. I might be out for at least a month. I'm dying to play. :x
I just hope the 8s would be a return to form ala kobe 4/5. I swear to god I will buy at least 4 pairs.
:tongue:

I never played in the 4's or 5's,
when those were out money wasn't as good for me then as it is for me now, so I was rockin regular bball shoes, I want to try them out now, just hard to find...
I got in to the Kobes, because 1. He's the GOAT #TEAMKOBE!!! 2. I always liked Low tops,... Don't judge me but I loved the Tmacs back in the day lol

Via MS.

b_1353952401_746.jpg

b_1353952401_902.jpg

b_1353952401_223.jpg

b_1353952402_686.jpg

b_1353952402_904.jpg

b_1353952402_205.jpg

Wind Chills Kobe VIIIs, lol.

Im LOVING these!

Last edited:
Now this pattern i can kinda vibe with. It's more subtle than the VI camo and VII pdf print. The midsole not a different color makes it nice too. If they release more colorway with this pattern i can pick and choose.

Last edited:
This colorway gives me hope for the zk8. Really like the subtleness of it and the color scheme. Has it been confirmed yet whether those snake scale zk8s are the YOTS or Xmas? Still undecided on those.. 
eyes.gif

a friend in relation with Nike told me the YOTS will be based on black and green, they're supposed to be crazy

Is it just me or is nike taking steps backwards on the colorways for the Kobe line every year? IVs had clean simple colorways i bought almost every pair. Vs the best colorways again I bought almost every pair. VIs had really nice Colorways but some weren't.. VIIs had like 4 good colorways rest were garbage, Becase of it i own less VIIs comparared to my IVs,Vs, and VIs. On to the VIIIs i haven't seen a colorway Im attracted to.... these prints suck! I cant believe some of you are buying into these colorways, The Christmas colorway is disgusting! Cheetahs would of been better if they would of ditched the Cheetah print. Bassically what im saying is, Prints designs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom