OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

He's been pretty spoiled lately. We got him the KD DMV's, Kobe 8 Xmas, and Foamposite Stealths for Xmas. Main thing he wanted was shoes. He's come a long way playing ball and makes good grades so I'll keep rewarding him. Whatever works...

i approve of this mentality. i didnt get much when i was younger because we didnt have much money. since i can afford it, i have definitely spoil the spawns of bigj505 and dont mind a pay for play system in the house :tongue:

this.

i got my mom to buy me the og black/red XIs for having straight A's when i was little. that turned into my easter gift and my bday gift (which was a month later).

Lol, at least you got a pair. All i ever heard was "I aint buying u no damn $100 Michael Jordans, he got enough money and dont need mine !!!" lol

see, you needed to look like a desperate crackhead when asking... only way it worked for me.

Last edited:
^ I have a similar story. I had to have the Black/Royal Jordan 1's when they came out. My dad wouldn't even go in the store because he couldn't see spending that much for a pair of shoes. Man, have times have changed.

Funniest thing is I wore those shoes in middle school ball. Black/Royal Jordan 1's with Maroon and White uni's. I'm sure I looked like an idiot.

Lol, at least you got a pair. All i ever heard was "I aint buying u no damn $100 Michael Jordans, he got enough money and dont need mine !!!" lol
same reason i never had a pair of jordans until i started working, wore alot of reebok and converse when i was young!!

Yeah man they are too sleek and they curl up in the front. This is what shied me away from the Kobe 5 for casual use. They just look too sporty. The only Kobe's that nailed the casual look IMO was the 1 6 and 7. Say what you want about he 7s but for casual wear they look nice. And since I don't hoop and like to wear pants most of the time I probably won't e able to cop many more pairs unfortunately. Damn
They look pretty dope to me, that's a nice pic of the shoe.

I assumed rockin camo pants/shorts and the BHM's would look too "busy" but that's a pretty good pic. Definitely doesn't look bad at all.

If anyone wants to lend some help, I'm trying to sort out these colorways on Footlocker's site.

Would definitely be valuable to have the first page updated with all current info. 

http://www.footlocker.com/ns/hp/launch/release-calendar.html

02/06 Squardon Green/Challenge Red/Leg Brown (Pythons)

02/15 Bright Citrus/Sport Turq/Total Crimson (ASG)

02/23 Blue Glow/Metallic Silver/Game Royal/Ice Blue (Blue glows)

03/02 Supernatural (???) in store only

03/02 Teal/Yellow (???) in store only

03/09 Dark Atomic Teal/Electric Yellow/Atomic Teal/Grey (Teal Camo)

03/09 Multiple Colorways (???) online & house of hoops

03/23 Fiberglass/Black/Court Purple/Laser Purple

confused when it comes to the different teal/yellow colorways on 03/02 and 03/09

could one be for the "easter" and the other for "teal camo" we've seen?

As far as the 03/09 "multiple colorways" go, footlocker tweeted that this will be the YOTS and grey/volt. Which yots? no clue. They did not specifically say. Read for yourself: 

not sure if any of that is true, being they said "they will be a gr" but then the release calendar says online & HOH. I tried clearing it up with a footlocker rep,  and she told me the social media team did not have any of the info that was "confirmed" on twitter.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I wished my parents bought me nice and expensive shoes when I was young.
this.

i got my mom to buy me the og black/red XIs for having straight A's when i was little. that turned into my easter gift and my bday gift (which was a month later).

damn my pops did the same thing. Hit me every time with the story "don't ask for nothing else this your bday gift chirstmas and all that." :smh: :x :lol:

I wished my parents bought me nice and expensive shoes when I was young.
this.

damn my pops did the same thing. Hit me every time with the story "don't ask for nothing else this your bday gift chirstmas and all that." :smh: :x :lol:

at least he gave you the heads up... the holiday would come and id just find out i got nothing. i remember being sad because i got nothing on my bday... moms was like, boy i got you them jordans for your bday. had me like :frown:

GR's are shoes that sit on the shelves after it being sold out. Constantly being re-stocked.  People don't line up for GR shoes because they can buy them at any time they want to REGARDLESS of how many people buy them. You will be able to try on the Sulfurs and Pythons are local Foot Locker stores.  You can't try on Jordan XI's.   You don't need a ticket to buy General Release shoes.
This post is just all kinds of silly.

These shoes are definitely one of the best Kobe's ever made. I just hope Nike doesn't make another stupid mistake by making a half shozoku on the next model. Even with the socks, I just don't see it. If you're going to put it on id's and overseas, just do it for all of them.

Last edited:
I want those black yots, but 200 bucks. Spent almkst 300 on bhm and 200 on the d rose shoes..god dammit

Though I feel like the volt colorway has been overdone, I like these. Not sure if I will try to cop, though, especially at retail price.

These grew on me, but I don't like a lot of the colorways. I couldn't resist wearing my BHM today. The BHM and Pythons are the only ones I like so far.

Really comfortable, might try to ID some

Thinking about gtting the black yots. why dont they have 11.5, but they have 11 and 12. The kobe vii's fit me good in 11.5 but im not sure if i should get 11 or 12... 

Back
Top Bottom