OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I'd say the 8s were the least prolific out of the three signatures. I felt like I was being deluged by the Lebron Xs and KD Vs. We only got 2 Elites compared to the other signatures. My only issue is post Mambacurial releases. We got underwhelming or similar colors. We had a red color way, a volt, etc. The fans wanted a solid upper or a lakers inspired color way (or just something out there).

And let's be real. It's Nike making the color ways and $$$.

I'm looking for an X-Mas 12, tried the Bay and the CL. It seems like $300 is the range. I'd rather pay $225-$250, so I can put the finishing touches on my 8 collection.

Last edited:
^ The 8s started in December 2012 and there's currently about 20 colorways. On average, that's a little more than 1 new colorway every other week. It doesn't feel like it though.

Are the Lebrons/KDs outpacing that?

Last edited:
I'd like another kobe 8 or 2 before the line ends. Its looking like the only 3 cw's speculated that we don't have pictures of are the "purple dynasty" late september. The halloween cw one guy said for late october listed as mine grey. And the november release, green glows.

This pic makes me want them 10X more

For those with the red suedes what are you using to clean them? Any specific products or will a damp cloth be ok to clean them
nerd.gif
I'm curious on how to clean the suede, though I have

no plan of getting them dirty (no rainy day suede EXT for me).

For those with the red suedes what are you using to clean them? Any specific products or will a damp cloth be ok to clean them :nerd:

I'm curious on how to clean the suede, though I have
no plan of getting them dirty (no rainy day suede EXT for me).
Just take preventative measures as opposed to being overtly cautious on the assumption you'll attain a blemish/stain...

I use this on almost every piece of apparel/footwear that's susceptible to dirt, blots, etc...

People are seriously blind if they can't see the KB24. Hold your shoes at different angles, try different lighting... It's there.
lol I can see it on nearly every pair I own except for the xmas, I think I can make out some of the K but really have trouble seeing the rest of it

I assume the one with Nike zoom in the forefoot and heel would be better, because you would have zoom in both places, rather than just in the heel.

If I were you, I would try both and see how they feel.  Each player is different, and you might like something else.  

Yea it's all personal preference. Some people prefer the black elites setup because they feel the toe zoom unit in the superheroes isn't as responsive as they'd like.

Thinking bout letting the easters go. Its either the black gold elite or easters.. I see no point for me to get more than 1 just to play ball.. decision decision

You don't need more than one to ball with at any given point in time. But eventually you will wear out one pair, and you might regret not having a backup or two, especially if this ends up being one of your favorite shoes to ball in. I say get rid of the elites (unless you really like the heel zoom) since they're more expensive, and then buy two pairs of the challenge reds for under retail if all you care about is performance and not looks haha.

I think nike is waiting until the later months to drop laker colorways so that everyone is interested in the line all the way till the 9's. I know im at the point now where I just want to stock pile for next years model but I get this feeling that some of the best colorways are gonna come out in a few months. That's why with the milk snakes and graffittis im probably gonna pass.

I haven't worn mine yet, but my plan is to not get them dirty when I do wear them.... I'll be very cautious while wearing.
Suede is a hassle , i wore mine a few times, they completely trashed lol  any little thing can ruin the shoe, i just need to get some suede dye or something  the suede cleaner  took some of the color away and i was being as gentle as possible . SMH 
mean.gif

ill admit that the upper is hot on the royals aswell as the tongue logo and laces... that sole. midsole, and heel clip kill it for me though 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom