Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can picture Kanye wanting to do some sort of Nike Sportswear apparel collab. It would probably be a cash cow but they must've turned him down on that, otherwise we would've seen it already.

For a company that loves money I don't understand Nikes mindset here.

He can obviously sell product so why not release a collection of apparel and 2 or 3 shoes, maybe even one shoe at Playoff 11 production numbers and they are sure to make bank.

It's not like higher production numbers would mean any less hype at this point. Give the man a yearly sig shoe already.

Same. We saw how that BS APC collection sold. A NSW Kanye collection would be a no brainer...

I figure they either want to keep Kanye at bay (use him but not to the point where they need to feature him on banners and ads) or just don't like working with him more than needed.

damn I didn't know the APC stuff sold out... thought they back ordered and refilled stock and was left with items still on the shelve

i don't get the whole "kanye has limited creative input" thing... his original sketches look almost exactly how the final product turned out...

perhaps when it comes to choosing materials, and obviously they wouldn't create a new midsole for him (which is sad, cuz that original midsole on the yeezy 1's was SO dope, so futuristic looking, it made the shoe better), and forced him to use the nike air assualt (jordan 3) midsole (which only contributes to the critics of the shoe so they can keep up their "fusion" argument)...

but other than that, what else have they limited his input on?

and i don't quite understand why he needs to do collabs... he is reportedly worth 100 mill... and on top of that, it's not like his boy hov, who's almost a billionaire, wouldn't jump on a chance to silently, or loudly, back his project...

So no detail news today

I thought the internet was supposed to explode lol
This 
laugh.gif

The APC stuff is supposed to restock in November but the back orders get first dibs.

Hopefully with all the interviews he's doing it opens some doors for him but at this point I feel like if it was going to happen it would have by now.

i don't get the whole "kanye has limited creative input" thing... his original sketches look almost exactly how the final product turned out...

perhaps when it comes to choosing materials, and obviously they wouldn't create a new midsole for him (which is sad, cuz that original midsole on the yeezy 1's was SO dope, so futuristic looking, it made the shoe better), and forced him to use the nike air assualt (jordan 3) midsole (which only contributes to the critics of the shoe so they can keep up their "fusion" argument)...

but other than that, what else have they limited his input on?

Unless NIKE hypes his input immensely Nathan VanHook gets a lot of push as the "designer" of the Y2.

i don't even buy this claim that nike paid for him to take design classes... what is the source for that? i wish someone would ask him about this, straight up... just sayin', if you've loved sneakers your whole life, it's not hard to knock up some sketches of what you might like to see on your foott... and while the yeezy shoe is more original than it gets credit for (the overall silhouette is different), it's not THAT different that it took some design classes to come up with... the only talk i know of he's went on record with is when he said in his zane interview he just referenced all the J's and nikes he loved as a kid, tried to remember the feelings those shoes gave him as a kid, and used that in his creative process...

even if they did help him with design classes, did they think this means they have control of him now? they had to know it would be something he would use forever, and they didn't sign an exclusive contract with him (obviously, or they woulda sued him)... did they think he would never work with anyone else? it's not like they were trying to lock him down so he couldn't...

i really don't think they were THAT mad about his LV collab, cuz they went head right on time with his "shoe every 3 years" contract...

Please guys, don't quote the pictures of the fakes for the next 3 pages. They're fake. Done. Shouldn't even be in this thread.

i don't even buy this claim that nike paid for him to take design classes... what is the source for that? i wish someone would ask him about this, straight up... just sayin', if you've loved sneakers your whole life, it's not hard to knock up some sketches of what you might like to see on your foott... and while the yeezy shoe is more original than it gets credit for (the overall silhouette is different), it's not THAT different that it took some design classes to come up with... the only talk i know of he's went on record with is when he said in his zane interview he just referenced all the J's and nikes he loved as a kid, tried to remember the feelings those shoes gave him as a kid, and used that in his creative process...

even if they did help him with design classes, did they think this means they have control of him now? they had to know it would be something he would use forever, and they didn't sign an exclusive contract with him (obviously, or they woulda sued him)... did they think he would never work with anyone else? it's not like they were trying to lock him down so he couldn't...

i really don't think they were THAT mad about his LV collab, cuz they went head right on time with his "shoe every 3 years" contract...
My thing is, if he really wants to have his own line of clothes or anything else why not invest your time and money in obtaining the materials and having it manufactured? He can have it mass produced or limited pieces like the APC line instead of waiting for a company to back him? Or at least hiring a team of people to handle all of the logistics of the manufacturing process? IDK I think he needs to start off small and then go big because if no company has backed you as big of a celebrity as you are at this point then make it happen yourself

or collabing with Barneys, I'm sure they wouldn't turn down an opportunity for redemption with the recent sh*t going on over there

Last edited:

My thing is, if he really wants to have his own line of clothes or anything else why not invest your time and money in obtaining the materials and having it manufactured? He can have it mass produced or limited pieces like the APC line instead of waiting for a company to back him? Or at least hiring a team of people to handle all of the logistics of the manufacturing process? IDK I think he needs to start off small and then go big because if no company has backed you as big of a celebrity as you are at this point then make it happen yourself

or collabing with Barneys, I'm sure they wouldn't turn down an opportunity for redemption with the recent sh*t going on over there
Do you think the Yeezys would get as much hype if they weren't backed by Nike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom