Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I've said this before but when I met Kanye he jokingly got upset at a girl for spilling her drink on Kanye's white/black flyknit trainers. He then said flyknits were the only reason he "didn't go with Adidas"...

Then he made that joke "at least im not with reebok.. I don't know what is worth being signed by Reebok or being dropped by them"

At the time Ross had just been dropped by them.

It wouldn't be crazy if he signed with them. Big Sean has a pretty successful deal with them. He also gets pairs for F&F way easier than Kanye does.

The red pair flew off shelves in a second and he went to hot 97 did a interview and took down the people at the stations info to send them pairs because they were busting his chops at how difficult they were to get

can only imagine the rsvp prices for these jawns. bron bron celebrations were 500-- watch fools charge the same for these... if not more.

Last edited:
As long as it is a nice shoe I would be more than happy to wear a Kanye Adidas shoe....and it would be nice not to have to deal with NIKE's BS release tactics.

Last edited:
As long as it is a nice shoe I would be more than happy to wear a Kanye Adidas shoe....and it would be nice not to have to deal wit NIKE's BS release tactics.
Adidas' may be worse. I remember trying for the Big Sean Pro Model II HOF in August and calling up the Adidas in Soho and hearing that wristbands were handed out because the line formed 3 days prior to launch.

Adidas sent pairs to all stores that did fcfs and had a super dumb limited pre order on their website.

If they got a deal to work with Kanye then huge changes would need to go into effect.

Kanye and co. can't be happy with Nike at this point. That was pretty clear with the # comment Don C put about them releasing in January.

Although they all rock Nike's and JB. Never see them in Adidas. Don C even had a collab earlier this year with JB on some 1's that went to auction and average priced at like $2500.

Definitely will be interesting to see...

after the raf simions collab and upcoming rick owens collab, I know a kanye x Adidas could be good(probably would be). it would be very good for Adidas as a brand and would probably go WAY smoother then with Nike dangling the cheese in front of the us. what's funny is that people will hate on the idea, then see it and do the quickest 180

edit: please stop bringing up those wack big sean x Adidas

Last edited:
Why do Nike and kanye even have a bad relationship in the first place? Seems like Nike would spoil him just like they do for all their athletes.

Why do Nike and kanye even have a bad relationship in the first place? Seems like Nike would spoil him just like they do for all their athletes.

Kanye went behind their back designed and done a collab with louis vuittion and remember he cant be told anything they prolly tired of his arrogant ways but the moneys too good to turn down so they take the money and turn their backs :rolleyes

Last edited:
Adidas' may be worse. I remember trying for the Big Sean Pro Model II HOF in August and calling up the Adidas in Soho and hearing that wristbands were handed out because the line formed 3 days prior to launch.

Adidas sent pairs to all stores that did fcfs and had a super dumb limited pre order on their website.

If they got a deal to work with Kanye then huge changes would need to go into effect.

Kanye and co. can't be happy with Nike at this point. That was pretty clear with the # comment Don C put about them releasing in January.

Although they all rock Nike's and JB. Never see them in Adidas. Don C even had a collab earlier this year with JB on some 1's that went to auction and average priced at like $2500.

Definitely will be interesting to see...

I would think if Kanye did go somewhere else he would have more input on his merchandise and after all this I would hope things would be better.

Apparently people say he's hard to work with and really indecisive. Making changes up to the last second.

I think I recall reading something similar about the APC collab.

Last edited:
So where's that special announcement that suppose to drop today?

The Jesus shuttlesworth PE XI's LOL

Kanye went behind their back designed and done a collab with louis vuittion and remember he cant be told anything they prolly tired of his arrogant ways but the moneys too good to turn down so they take the money and turn their backs :rolleyes

Apparently people say he's hard to work with and really indecisive. Making changes up to the last second.

I think I recall reading something similar about the APC collab.

Not surprised one bit there. Typical kanye west. These the reasons why they make his shoes so damn limited?

I can picture Kanye wanting to do some sort of Nike Sportswear apparel collab. It would probably be a cash cow but they must've turned him down on that, otherwise we would've seen it already.

well athletes don't design their own shoes for one. and they don't really let kanye either, he has limited creative input and probably wants more then they give him which is why he gets labeled "hard to work with". as well as wanting Nike to back a whole line of "Yeezy" apparel as opposed to just being happy he has a sneaker with them

I can picture Kanye wanting to do some sort of Nike Sportswear apparel collab. It would probably be a cash cow but they must've turned him down on that, otherwise we would've seen it already.

For a company that loves money I don't understand Nikes mindset here.

He can obviously sell product so why not release a collection of apparel and 2 or 3 shoes, maybe even one shoe at Playoff 11 production numbers and they are sure to make bank.

It's not like higher production numbers would mean any less hype at this point. Give the man a yearly sig shoe already.

For a company that loves money I don't understand Nikes mindset here.

He can obviously sell product so why not release a collection of apparel and 2 or 3 shoes, maybe even one shoe at Playoff 11 production numbers and they are sure to make bank.

It's not like higher production numbers would mean any less hype at this point. Give the man a yearly sig shoe already.

Same. We saw how that BS APC collection sold. A NSW Kanye collection would be a no brainer...

I figure they either want to keep Kanye at bay (use him but not to the point where they need to feature him on banners and ads) or just don't like working with him more than needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom