Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

^Handle that 
devil.gif
 And make them pay for your gas too!

I just got mine in the mail today and was disappointed at how short the tongue was. When tied to the top, the laces barely cover the top of the tongue. Smh. Anyone else have this problem?

I just got mine in the mail today and was disappointed at how short the tongue was. When tied to the top, the laces barely cover the top of the tongue. Smh. Anyone else have this problem?

That's how they have always been.

That's how they have always been.
Well, I whipped out my 2005 pair of air max penny 1's (see below from my earlier post) and wore them side by side with the new release and there was a significant difference in tongue length.  I think the main difference was that although the new tongue was shorter, it was also a lot stiffer and when on the feet does not stretch longer like the older model (solid 2" difference in how high the tongue goes).  I think I've heard another person post about the stiff tongue on this thread.  Maybe they will loosen up with time.  Either way, despite the tongue issue and the fact that the new retro's aren't nearly as comfortable (especially in the heel), I am still happy with this release based just on nostalgia points.  BTW, my batch had other manufacture defects in the left shoe only (extraordinarily long bristles on the outsole above the air bubble and around the whole left shoe, where it looks like they did not properly clean up the original cuts).  The FNL customer service lady was kind enough to send me a replacement pair. 

Ehhhh guess I'm wrong. I never remembered the penny I to have a long tongue anyways.

The tongue does appear to sit lower but its very subtle. I think it has more to do with the elasticity than the positoning or length of the tongue itself. Never really anything I've paid attention to until looking at the comparisons in the thread.

This Finishline order from last Saturday is taking FOREVER b....Now saying that my order will get here on 11/5 :stoneface:

anyone know where i can buy these for $115-120? lol

i remember coppin the chicago color way at my local ftp for $79.99 n i can't seem to pay $140 for em lol

Just received my FNL order from Saturday. My first pair of Penny's and for the price, I couldn't pass them up. Much appreciated NT fam!

10wijk8.jpg

2ic9nuo.jpg

4v0dhf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom