Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

Picked up for 125 after tax in store at finishing
Got these in an 8, wore an 8.5 in the 2011 retros

Last edited:
Not every release needs to sell out. I'm glad they're sitting. I hope to add more pairs to my closet. These are too sleek.

Last edited:

these will be balled in.hope someone can answer that fellas question regarding the zoom insole
These aren't good balling shoes. Lockdown is tragic.
Penny, like a lot of NBA players, was known for heavily taping his ankles. Just look at some pics from his ball playing days and you'll see. That extra padding around his heel and ankles may have provided a better fit than most who just slip on no show socks and go at it.

I've played in 1's several times before and the one thing I can suggest is double up on the socks, preferably crew or tube, and choke the hell out of the laces if you want the best ball playing experience in these.
Penny hated the lockdown on these too, he complained that the tongue moved around too much.

Nike altered his pairs so they had and extra lace hole at the top for better lockdown.
As was the case with a lot of players' shoes. Their on court pairs were different than what was sold in stores. 
C'mon nike we need these
Waiting patiently....

[@=/u/37226/beh235]@beh235[/@] - thx for stating the obvious but there was a reason why rusty posted what he posted.
Not everyone is aware of that for other pairs....

But your statement could give the perception that his issue wasn't with the lockdown....
Each player that has a customized shoe has his own issue with said shoe. We were talking about how bad the lockdown for the penny I is which why why he mentioned penny himself not liking the lockdown and having to get special lacing for his PE pairs.

My pair came in today.....fresh.

I went TTS, and while there was a tiny bit of heel slippage, it didn't feel like going down .5 would have made that big of a difference. Tightened up the laces a little and it was no big.

These are DEF more comfy than the previous retros. That was noticeable right off the bat.

So is that mostly black pair the only one to drop so far? I'm being lazy bros don't feel like going thru the thread. :lol:

no there is a red/white cw coming out on black friday as well and rumors that a DB penny 1 will be releasing 

Just got mine for $104.99 shipped. Seems like they were shipped from a Baltimore FNL store and they didn't charge me tax. Nice!!!

Red/white colorway will not move on Black Friday lol. It's all about the VI that day.

yea it will especially for the price point and also due to people holiday shopping and the "not going home empty handed" mentality of those that miss on the 6.

So nobody has worn this shoe and felt if there was zoom in the forefoot?

Or are we all playing "keep a secret" here? :lol:

i honestly wouldn't know if it was or not. I'm not that shoe technical to know what it is.

Honestly, when I tried them on at footaction where I got them from, I thought I felt a bounce on the the forefoot, which appeared to feel like Zoom air.

Last edited:

Or are we all playing "keep a secret" here?
laugh.gif
I just got mine, yeah there's zoom air, but it's thin like all other retros.  These feel like the 2006 version clunky, no padding, uncomfortable to me.  Sigh, they look super clean though.  Nostalgia is a powerful drug

Back
Top Bottom