Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

^yeah man...I'm thinking I have to make a seperate post for that soon.

I can't wait to go...its gonna be great
pimp.gif

I've never seen an NHL player when he was in juniors or when they were kids or whatever nor have I played against one. This kid Elliott is supposed to be really good and he has NHL potential. When you played him did he like REALLY stand out compared to other goalies youve played against? Was he like rediculously good when you played him?
No he didn't stand out and make anyone say "he's going to go far with his hockey career".........there are tons of players thatmay seem to have potential but never get anywhere. Then there are the guys that scouts say have tons of potential but end up playing in Europe or theECHL......He wasn't that good when we played junior, but from there he got a scholly to Wisconsin and did pretty well there. Binghamton has a very goodgoalie in Jeff Glass who is the starter and much better than Elliot, so he would be the first to get called up.

pimp.gif
my dude w. 4 goals and an assist tonight vs. the Sens (8-6 win for the Caps)
capt.8138c15b0d1d49cca8025d85d739610e.capitals_senators_hockey_ottk110.jpg

No words needed....Brash w. the BEATDOWN!!
capt.866a8c945cf549e38142a62ce71a8190.capitals_senators_hockey_ottk107.jpg

^^ i still got no idea why Leaf games are still like the #1 thing happening in the city. the team hasn't made the playoffs in three years, and theydon't look like they're going anywhere in a few either especially in a city that demands wins continuously. they should just trade Sundin and getsomething back for him, and maybe sign him back later on. pretty much, the leafs are done

^Toronto is a hockey city and the Leafs will always be #1 in this city for as long as they're here, simple as that. I also agree with the whole tradingSundin then sign him in the summer if he wants to play next year, however he has said he wants to stay in Toronto and retire as a Leaf
ohwell.gif

This is for those that say fighting should be taken out of hockey
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

The Leafs situation isn't as bad as most of you guys are making it IMO.......living in this city is the worst when it comes to the media/critics etc. Rightnow we're currently 2 points out of the last playoff spot and even though it's early, we're nowhere near out of the playoff picture. Yes, someteams have 1 or 2 games in hand, but hopefully the Leafs can go on a little run and jump into the playoff picture.

Kings got a win today lol.....

happy.gif
the Rangers made an awesome comeback today against Montreal...with3 minutes left, Chris Drury scored to tie it up and then Brendan Shanahan ripped a wrist shot past Huet in overtime.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by cquan05

The Leafs situation isn't as bad as most of you guys are making it IMO.......living in this city is the worst when it comes to the media/critics etc. Right now we're currently 2 points out of the last playoff spot and even though it's early, we're nowhere near out of the playoff picture. Yes, some teams have 1 or 2 games in hand, but hopefully the Leafs can go on a little run and jump into the playoff picture.

Yea, its a little too early to start panicking but once february rolls around and the Leafs are still 13th in the East, I would say its time to startrebuilding. They can start by firing JFJ. They haven't been drafting too well, they have too many no-trade contracts and they overpay many of their playersand signed some players they shouldnt have like Lindros a few seasons back. IMO if they dont improve by February-March, it's time to make some changes.

Yea, its a little too early to start panicking but once february rolls around and the Leafs are still 13th in the East, I would say its time to start rebuilding. They can start by firing JFJ. They haven't been drafting too well, they have too many no-trade contracts and they overpay many of their players and signed some players they shouldnt have like Lindros a few seasons back. IMO if they dont improve by February-March, it's time to make some changes.
It's not so much about being 13th in the East though, because if you look at the standings we're only 2pts out of 8th.......So ifFeb/March rolls around and we're 8+ points out of the playoffs then we should make changes. Leafs will NEVER be in "re-building" mode though asNOBODY will ever let that happen. This city wants a team that wins and will never see any more re-building years. What we'll end up doing is signing oldwashed up guys....Lindros IMO was not a bad signing at all, the only problem was that he was injury prone with his wrist and all. He did well the next year inDallas as well I believe.

As I said in an earlier response, JFJ will be fire if we do not make the playoffs, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by cquan05

Leafs will NEVER be in "re-building" mode though as NOBODY will ever let that happen. This city wants a team that wins and will never see any more re-building years

I agree. It's a big city with alot of passionate hockey fans. The Rangers had the same problem before the lockout. New York wasn't in the playoffsfor 7 years and they did not want to rebuild because they said "New York wouldn't stand for that and New Yorkers dont have the patience". Butthey rebuilt the franchise starting in 2003-04 and then after the lockout we had a completely new franchise. I realize that the lockout helped us rebuild alotbut I feel Toronto could do the same thing even without a lockout. IMO this franchise isn't going to be an elite team anytime soon and this seems to be thebest and only choice for the Leafs. Sure rebuilding means a few bad seasons but in the end Toronto will be happy with their "Turned-around" team.

Devils have been doing a lot better since a HORRIBLE start. Parise IMO should be an allstar. Brodeur and Parise. Both can change the game for the Devils.Gerber, Lundqvist, and Brodeur should be the East goalies. Can't wait for the outdoor game tomorrow, its going to be really cool.

Why is the NHL thinking of expanding? 30 teams is more than enough IMO.

They should look into relocating some teams like Florida, Nashville, Columbus and maybe Pheonix.

They should look into relocating some teams like Florida, Nashville, Columbus and maybe Pheonix.

Noooo........those 2 cities should NOT be re-located......Florida and Nashville should re-locate, but right now I don't even want to thinkabout all that. I don't even really have a city/cities in mind which could support an NHL team.

San Jose with another big win in Minnesota, they are the best road team for a reason
eek.gif
pimp.gif

what a game in Buffalo !!! the winter classic was awesome and it was a gerat success for the NHL....Hopefully next year the Rangers face either the Islandersor Bruins at Yankee Stadium

That was the first NHL game i've watched since the Stars were playing for the cup

Crosby
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

the winter classic was awesome and it was a gerat success for the NHL

A great success? Not quite.

No way that game attracted too many new fans, especially with the piss poor scheduling of it.

I got sick of all the maitenance and use of the zamboni real quick. Can't imagine a non-fan putting up with all that long enough to get to OT, let alonethe shootout.

The end was so typical, though.

Buffalo is hockey crazy....I'm trying to think of other NHL cities in the states that would have the same success....Pittsburgh and Detroit?

*Why can't the Caps play the Senators all the time? Mike Green with another 2 goals, and the Caps win 6-3....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Buffalo is hockey crazy....I'm trying to think of other NHL cities in the states that would have the same success....Pittsburgh and Detroit?

New York !!!

right now the Rangers are the best New York sports team and have had the most recent success....trust me this is a hockey city...the Rangers sell-out everysingle game and their are heated rivalries between the Rangers, Islanders, and Devils...right now the best thing to do is set up an outdoor game next year atYankee Stadium between the Rangers and the Islanders or if you want an original 6 matchup, make it the Bruins vs the Rangers at Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park.

Back
Top Bottom