Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

capt.4a242b3f28e743949c367c754ec57536.devils_bruins_hockey_mack105.jpg

Milan Lucic....this kid will be a 20-30 goal scorer very soon.....not to mention, he pummels just about everyone he fights....

i went to the NHL store in NYC tonight before the rangers-senators game.....it was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
...youguys should check it out if you're ever in Manhattan

Milan Lucic....this kid will be a 20-30 goal scorer very soon.....not to mention, he pummels just about everyone he fights....
My son is a beast! (pause)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.........Last year had 68pts in 70 games with the Giants along with 147 PIMS!!!! Also was theCaptain of the Canadian team in the Super Series this past summer.

^That was a high hit IMO and even though Orr was somewhat at a stand-still that could've been avoided. He's one of the guys that I'm not a big fanof along with Simon and a few others
smh.gif

My man Tootoo
pimp.gif

^ that hit was clean. Orr's hands and elbows were not up and matt cullen's head was down and he didnt expect it. I dont even think Orr saw it comingeither. Colton Orr and Matt Cullen are actually really good friends so i doubt Orr was trying to do anything dirty.

About time Jagr did something, he looked more aggressive last night.

That clean was def not dirty.

Orr's hands and elbows were not up
eek.gif
smh.gif
........You might want to take a look at the video clip again.......hands were most definitely up. To me, the hit wasn't clean, but it alsoshouldn't be classified as a "dirty" hit......all I'd say is high hit and probably could've been avoided, but Orr is a physical player sohe followed through.

^^^ yea... his right hand comes up a bit because it looks like he was bracing himself for the hit but his hand didnt make contact with cullen'sface...their heads collided and you can see that because afterwards, Orr's face was bleeding because of Cullens helmet....i dunno its hard to tell exactly

i heard something about Ray Emery having a temper tantrum this morning when informed he was not playing in tonight's game vs. the Islanders....From what Iheard, he was yelling and throwing things in the locker room.....does anyone know anything about this?

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

i heard something about Ray Emery having a temper tantrum this morning when informed he was not playing in tonight's game vs. the Islanders....From what I heard, he was yelling and throwing things in the locker room.....does anyone know anything about this?

Yeah, he slammed his stick and broke it and then threw it into the stands once practice was done. Murray wanted to talk to him once he was done showeringor whatever but Emery left before Murray could talk to him. Emery wants to be a starter and proved he could be one last year so I don't really blame him,but clearly he could've taken a different approach to show his frustration with the bosses.
ohwell.gif

Here's the Emery story actually.......
Ray Emery, who has started just two games in the last eight, vented some frustration with his lack of playing time today. As he was leaving the ice, Emery slammed his stick on the boards then swung his stick, taking out the water bottles on top of the boards. As he was leaving, he hurled his stick into the stands. Neither general manager Bryan Murray nor head coach John Paddock had any comment on the incident saying they didn't see it take place. Murray said he wanted to speak with Emery after practice but that the goalie had left before he had a chance to speak with him

Originally Posted by cquan05

Ray Emery, who has started just two games in the last eight, vented some frustration with his lack of playing time today. As he was leaving the ice, Emery slammed his stick on the boards then swung his stick, taking out the water bottles on top of the boards. As he was leaving, he hurled his stick into the stands. Neither general manager Bryan Murray nor head coach John Paddock had any comment on the incident saying they didn't see it take place. Murray said he wanted to speak with Emery after practice but that the goalie had left before he had a chance to speak with him

If he still does not get much playing time this season, I could see him demanding a trade maybe.

I hate Tootoo and Jackman both. Good to see them get it in those fights. Jackman is straight DIRTY on the ice. Plus, he goes after the stars like Zetterbergand Datysuk. Tootoo is really good for nothing. Thats why he gets about 7 mins of ice time when they play the Wings. His skill is lacking. Word to Franzenputting Jackman down.

TSN.CA:
Ottawa goaltender Ray Emery left practice before it began Friday with team officials saying he was not feeling well.

"He got here a little bit late, he wasn't feeling good," said head coach John Paddock. "I told him not to practice it was too late. He wanted to practice (but) I told him not too and it was best he went home for the day"

Emery's absence comes just one day after a stick-slamming outburst during an optional practice on Thursday, apparently venting some frustration with his lack of playing time.

"I don't think you like distractions of any kind," explained Paddock. "I wouldn't say that part was a distraction it was more of a side show and some frustation on his part for what ever reason"

Since leaving a December 12th game against Carolina with an injury, Emery has started just one of the Senators last eight games, a 4-3 overtime loss to Chicago on December 22. Since then, Martin Gerber has posted six wins in his last seven starts, giving him 19 wins on the season and a 2.32 goals against average.

"It's one thing when you are on top of your game and it's another when you are not," said Paddock.

"We need to get some work out of him and he needs to give us his cooperation and get his game back or on the way back."

smh @ Emery....he is acting like a baby right now and if he keeps this up, the Senators will probably move him because they have a really goodgoaltender in the minors named Brian Elliott who they can bring up to replace Emery.

Trade Emery to DC....Olie 5 Holie is old as dirt, and hasn't been playing well at all this season....not to mention we lost Brent Johnson for a month witha sprained knee....would Emery for Kolzig straight up work? Kolzig gets to go to a contender as a backup, and Emery gets a fresh start...

^^ nah they would never trade Emery for Kolzig because they have a great goalie in the minors and they probably would only trade for some young players ordraft picks.

Kolzig IMO needs to be a starter as well, he's a really good goalie playing on a bad team. I'm thinking Emery will get moved but not sure to who andfor what players. Elliot can be a decent starter in the show, I played against him when he played Junior here and I'd say his strength would be hisreflexes.....he's also a tall guy like 6'3 I think they've listed him at?
Tootoo is really good for nothing.
I wouldn't say that, you have your opinion that you're entitled to but Tootoo is a hard hitting energy guy who can put up points as well.He gets under the skin of the opposing teams and obviously loves to drop his gloves.

Can't wait for the Buff/Pitt game on Tuesday!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cquan05

Elliot can be a decent starter in the show, I played against him when he played Junior here and I'd say his strength would be his reflexes.
I've never seen an NHL player when he was in juniors or when they were kids or whatever nor have I played against one. This kid Elliott is supposedto be really good and he has NHL potential. When you played him did he like REALLY stand out compared to other goalies youve played against? Was he likerediculously good when you played him?

Back
Top Bottom