Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

Battle of Pennsylvania tonight was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
......except the wrongteam won
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Nice win for the Caps tonight....3 in a row....

Brashear with 2 assists and pummeled Colton Orr w. the TKO....

if you don't know....

meet Mike Green

capt.c24a25ff00e648ce9cafe2d2dc94446b.thrashers_capitals_hockey_vzn106.jpg

22 years old, and will be an all-star MANY times over (and hopefully get a Norris under his belt) when it's all said and done. This kid had 3 pointstonight, and has been on an absolute tear since Boudreau took over....I like how the Caps have been playing since Hanlon got fired, and hopefully they can keepit up and battle for a playoff spot

and will be an all-star MANY times over (and hopefully get a Norris under his belt) when it's all said and done.
DoubleJs07 I normally agree with your views from various threads in the Sports forum here, and you know your stuff but I'm gonna have toexpress my feelings on this one lol......

eek.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
grin.gif
............I am willing to bet Green will never get a norris for as long as he's in theleague........Eminger>Green........He's a solid d-man and yes he's tied for the lead amongst defenseman with 7 goals but future Norris winner? Hellnawwwwwwww.......All-Star MANY times over? I can maybe see him in a few ASG's throughout his career, but not MANY times over.......i don'tknow
ohwell.gif
........As well, think about the young defensemen that will be drafted inJune/guys coming into the league: Doughty, Del Zotto, Pietrangelo, Schenn, Alzner, Sanguinetti etc.......if anything one of the up and comers will get a Norrisbefore Green
ohwell.gif

Kane/Toews with 2 points each tonight........
eek.gif
@ Vancouver being up 3-0 and hanging onfor the win against Anaheim without Luongo & Morrison (Wrist surgery this week)

Chicago has themselves some good young talent in Kane and Toews.

They out played the Kings tonight.
eyes.gif
Kings are so up and down thisseason, it's ridiculous to me.
One minute they play like a playoff team, then come out like a last place team. Oh well, back to the cellar once again.

............I am willing to bet Green will never get a norris for as long as he's in the league........Eminger>Green........He's a solid d-man and yes he's tied for the lead amongst defenseman with 7 goals but future Norris winner? Hell nawwwwwwww.......All-Star MANY times over? I can maybe see him in a few ASG's throughout his career, but not MANY times over.......i don't know........As well, think about the young defensemen that will be drafted in June/guys coming into the league: Doughty, Del Zotto, Pietrangelo, Schenn, Alzner, Sanguinetti etc.......if anything one of the up and comers will get a Norris before Green

I think Mike Green has as bright an upside as any young defenseman under the age of 23 in the NHL. I have no problem admitting that I feel that he is going tobe an all-star many times over and a potential Norris winner down the road. The kid is ONLY 22, and he is one of the best skaters at the D position in the EC,and once he shores up his awareness in his own zone, he will be as complete a player that you can find. I mean, some of the comparisons to a young Neidermayeraren't too far fetched. It's going to be fun to see where he goes in the next couple of seasons. He is logging (since Boudreau took over) about 23-24minutes a game, and last night he played 30+. As far as Eminger, get back to me when he isn't a healthy scratch. Dude is a major disappointment, and neverlived up to his potential. He will most likely be traded before the deadline in a couple of months. The caps will have a nice defensive nucleus for the yearsto come in Green, Schultz, and Alzner (when he comes up). I just hope that they can keep the momentum going and push towards a playoff spot.

^Word, they just find ways to beat these teams in shootouts.......and Gagner and Hemsky didn't even score tonight

Leafs with a 4-1 loss in Montreal, I figured they end their home losing streak tonight against the leafs so I wasn't too pissed
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
......Looks likeMcCabe will be out for at least 6-8 weeks with 3 broken bones in his left hand......surgery is monday....if only this was Kubina
smh.gif
smh.gif

A new league to rival the NHL?

According to the Toronto Star, a Russian tycoon has hired former NHL Players' Association executive Bob Goodenow to help create a new professional European hockey league that would compete for players with the NHL.

Alex Medvedev, deputy executive of Russian energy giant Gazprom, is behind the new league, which also has former NHL star Igor Larionov on a ''working group'' to help start the league.

''There's still a lot of work to be done,'' Larionov told The Canadian Press on Saturday. ''I want to make sure it's on solid footing.''

Larionov said Goodenow visited Russia this week to discuss the league, which could start as soon as September 2008. He also told the Star that sponsors and broadcasters have been contacted by Medvedev's representatives.

''We wish them luck with what appears to be a very ambitious project,'' NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told the Star.

European teams often lose players under contract to the NHL, receiving US$200,000 per player in exchange. It is unclear whether the prospective league would honour NHL contracts.

With files from the Canadian Press

WORLD JUNIORS NEXT WEEK..

Team Canada will take it again with Karl Alzner leading the troop!

Jerz just keeps on rolling with a big win over the Flyers......Brodeur has absolutely dominated the Flyers

It was good to see Wayne get a win in his return to MSG.....Jagr losing another tooth
laugh.gif

what do you guys think of the Andy McDonald trade?? ^^ the teeth that got put in cost him $20,000....that would suck if those were the same teeth this time lol

This hasn't been talked about, but exactly how stupid is Chris Simon? He should be released by the Islanders, and never come back to the NHL...he is adisgrace to the sport....

^^^ yea they always talk about how he is a really nice guy but i dont see how he is "nice" after watching the hollweg incident and now this...i wassitting 3 rows in front of where hollweg was hit in the face and it was one of the ugliest things i ever seen...i wish i wasnt that close

He should be released by the Islanders, and never come back to the NHL...he is a disgrace to the sport....
Yup......he's obviously a repeat offender and he needs a ban from the league IMO......all he does is get into trouble
smh.gif

There's no room for a guy like him in the league plain and simple...........

He should be released by the Islanders, and never come back to the NHL...he is a disgrace to the sport....
He's also a racist
smh.gif

Do you guys remember when he was playing for the Caps, and called Mike Grier the N' word right in his face?

Then out of coincidence, they become teammates a few years later.

Simon has had a good 2 to 3 major incidents that he was involved in, and this SOB is lucky that the players he attacked were not forced into early retirementdue to his stupid decisions.

eek.gif
are we getting our wish? It's good that the Islanders organization and Simonhimself realize what a big deal this is.

Sources tell TSN that the New York Islanders and veteran forward Chris Simon have agreed that time away from the team is needed to come to terms with his recent on-ice behavior and potentially, his playing future.

Islanders owner Charles Wang met Simon earlier today to discuss the direction best suited to provide Simon with the support he deserves.

Simon has been granted time away from the team to seek counselling, or any other method to help restore his career.

"The Islanders and I agree that the right thing to do is for me to take some time away from the team" said Simon in a prepared statement. "I have enjoyed a long career achieving my dream of being a player in the National Hockey League and I'm proud of my accomplishments. But I acknowledge that time and assistance is needed before I return to the game.

Wang also met with Islanders general manager Garth Snow, head coach Ted Nolan, captain Bill Guerin, the alternate captains and goaltender Rick DiPietro to discuss the matter.

"The actions of Chris Simon on Saturday do not reflect what the New York Islanders stand for. They were reckless, potentially dangerous and against our team concept of grit, character and heart" said Islanders owner Charles Wang. "We know Chris as a respected teammate and as a gracious man away from the playing surface and believe strongly that he has earned our continued support. The Islanders are going to provide some time for Chris away from the team and give him the counseling he needs and the compassion he deserves. When Chris is completely ready, he will be a member of our team again."

The meetings stem from Simon's actions on Saturday night where he purposely stomped on Jarkko Ruutu's leg.

Simon was assessed a match penalty and awaits further discipline from the NHL.

"I want to start off by making clear that there is no excuse for my actions on Saturday night and I apologize to everyone involved," Simon added.

Originally Posted by theHBkid

WORLD JUNIORS NEXT WEEK..

Team Canada will take it again with Karl Alzner leading the troop!
Its not even a question...but Russia looks to be a tough opponent.

This hasn't been talked about, but exactly how stupid is Chris Simon? He should be released by the Islanders, and never come back to the NHL...he is a disgrace to the sport....
I still can't believe the two-hander he gave a couple years back... he is just reckless. Good to see he is getting some counselling for hisragaholism.

Man, all I hear about living in Alberta is how AMAZING the Oilers shootout record is. Thats super. It's too damn bad they can't win a game any otherway, though.

And damn. do my Canucks need Luongo back....

Back
Top Bottom