OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD.... BLACKHAWKS WIN STANLEY CUP

02nhl_CA0-popup.jpg

Marco likely out for the playoffs.
ohwell.gif
We really cant get two good break in a row. Although he wasnt much of a factor in round 1, obviously better to have him than not. But now Thorny gets to play.

Great start to the series. Needed at least a split in Chicago and now have an opportunity to take 'em both.

Thats definitely not the Hawks team we'll see through this series, though. They are better than that.

Still, great to see all lines producing, hopefully we can take both in Chi-city.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

02nhl_CA0-popup.jpg

Marco likely out for the playoffs.
ohwell.gif
We really cant get two good break in a row. Although he wasnt much of a factor in round 1, obviously better to have him than not. But now Thorny gets to play.
yeah id almost rather have thornton out there with the way sturm has played

love that picture

That Chicago game was awful, just not the team we are.

Glad Savard is back too
pimp.gif

The Hawks got a good old fashion $%$ kicking, no other way to put it. This might be the round they get eliminated. Luongo was lights out and Niemi, well he was Niemi
tired.gif

Good to see Savard come through, that was cool. Not sure what happened with the Hawks. Hopefully the Pens can go up 2-0 today, that would be nice. No Staal though which sucks

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

The Hawks got a good old fashion $%$ kicking, no other way to put it. This might be the round they get eliminated. Luongo was lights out and Niemi, well he was Niemi
tired.gif

You guys will have Eager back as well.

Good start for the Pens, keep up the pressure. MTL does look over matched right now, just confused out there. But series is long from over

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

montreal in way over their heads
Only if we can get the momentum back, that penalty slowed us down.
yeah agreed. they got it together a bit towards the end. halak has kept them afloat so far tho

Hey guys I just wanted to introduce myself, good friend of mine told me about this board. Actually have been reading the hockey threads here for awhile and figured I'd join. Everyone here appears to be pretty cool and I didn't know that there was a place you could discuss hockey this diplomatically
laugh.gif
. Anyway, it's good to be a member and Go Wings!!

Was at the laker game today so I couldnt catch the game. Glad we won though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I seriously think we can win the next two at the phone booth.

Fun fact of the day, Halak's playoff save PCT so far is higher than both of Roy's cup years in MTL.
eek.gif

I feel SO dirty for being happy that the Habs won.
laugh.gif

so Hockey Night in Canada did a good overall shot of the crowd in the Chicago game during the anthems

and i can say, i only saw less than 5 non-white people at a glance. the camera didn't go as far up to the most upper bowl though

even though hockey is somewhat revived in the Windy City. it seems like it still hasn't penetrated the culture of certain groups.

yeah i feel sick that i was actually happy that the habs won today
smh.gif
laugh.gif

lets go sharks...get it together here and take over

been a long time since I posted...

I love the Sharks, I think they are legit this year...they have always been my 2nd favorite time

yeah that is right I still have my Pat Falloon #17 jersey I got in 1992
laugh.gif

the way I see it is the Pens should make it from the East but their is just something about the Montreal that makes me think they take it 7 games, I think the Flyers/Boston goes 6-7 with the Flyers winning.  Chicago is gonna be done in 5 games, they remind me of the Suns in the NBA.

anyway, this playoff season has really gotten me back into the NHL (I'm a huge Flyers fan, have season ticks).

ps-  I can't believe how much of a one year wonder Cheechoo is, freakin can't even get off the Sens farm team...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

ps-  I can't believe how much of a one year wonder Cheechoo is, freakin can't even get off the Sens farm team...
roll.gif

Shouldn't be surprised.  He was playing with Ricci and Scott Thornton the year before as a grinder.  As soon as they picked up Joey, he took off.  Mike Bell kinda threw off the rhythm he had with Joe and it kinda killed him.

Back
Top Bottom