OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD.... BLACKHAWKS WIN STANLEY CUP

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

laugh.gif
@ putting me on suicide watch
smh.gif
@ the way we were dominated

I am not going to get into the whole Crosby thing because I don't have the energy. DoubleJs, what realistic changes do we make in the off season?
Let's see....

As far as changes, Caps are lucky they have a DEEP farm system.  A lot of the changes can happen from within.  For one thing, Bruce Boudreu needs to cut ties with dead weight just because he coached them in the AHL (Sloan/Flieshmann)

I'll just run through the roster...tell me what you think:

Ovechkin - Stay (obviously)
Backstrom - Stay (RE-UP, George!)
Knuble - Stay (awesome vet...you need him in front of the net too)
Laich - Stay (great leadership)
Belanger - Stay (...but bump him down to 3rd line...good defensively and weith faceoffs)
Semin - GO (he's been MIA from the past two playoffs.  Makes way more gaffe's than Green...because he has one year left on his deal, I say try to package him to Calgary for Iginla)
Chimera - Stay (love the chippyness and speed....)
Morrison - GO (he produced at times...real streaky, but was ineffective....see what a youngster like Mathieu Perrault can do in his place)
Fehr -Stay (played a great series vs. the Habs...awesome on the forecheck, and really used his size....I think he could hit 30-35 goals next year if he stays healthy)
Gordon - Stay (nice 4th liner...great on the PK)
Steckel - Stay/Go (I'm on the fence w. him....Bleanger can do the same things he does, and he's the better player....however Steckel is a beast on the faceoffs, so I dunno...)
Bradley - Stay (need someone who can drop the mitts every once in a while and he does some nice things in limited minutes...good 4th liner)
Walker - Go (don't understand why we brought him in to play ONE game in the playoffs...)
Laing - Go (just not good enough)
Fleischmann - Go (too soft and disappears)

Forwards I'd target....Iginla and Chris Neil

Green - Stay (we're stuck with him no matter how much he's hated)
Schultz - Stay (played well in the regular season, and was OK in the playoffs...needs to throw his weight around a little more)
Corvo - Go (don't understand what he brought to the table...oh yeah, he's one of BB's old AHL players....I'll help pack his bags)
Poti - Stay (played well in series before breaking his eye)
Carlson - Stay (he's gonna be a STAR)
Morrisson - Go (Alzner is ready.  I forgot where I read the quote, but another coach said he's the best d-man in the AHL right now)
Erskine - Stay (he's worthless in the playoffs...but he'll be the 7th/8th D-man for depth purposes)
Jurcina - Stay (he's a big body who uses his size relatively well....6th/7th D-Man)
Sloan - Go (no explanation needed)

Target: Volchenkov

Theodore - Not just go, but GONE (it's the last year of his contract, I can't see them keeping him around)
Varlamov -Stay (if healthy, he'll be our undisputed #1)
Neuvirth - Stay (played really well in both Varly's and Theo's absences this past year....)

on top of it all, we got Braden Holtby in the AHL who put up SICK #'s this past year.  We've got a trio of good/young goalies all 22 and under.  They don't bring much to the table as far as experience, but the skill/athleticism is there....if there's any sort of up/down play, I'd expect McPhee to bring in a vet by the deadline next year

My lines (in a perfect world would look like this

1st:

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Knuble

2nd:

Laich-Belanger-Iginla

3rd:

Chimera-Perrault-Fehr

4th:

Steckel/Neil-Gordon-Bradley

D1:

Green-Volchenkov/Poti

D2:

Carlson-Schultz

D3:

Alzner-Jurcina/Poti

*If Volchenkov isn't brought in, have Poti play w. Green...if Volchenkov is brought in, have Poti play w. Alzner and bump Jurcina to 7th defenseman (not dressed)

PP1:

Iginla-Backstrom-Knuble
Ovechkin-Green

PP2:

Laich-Perrault-Fehr
Carlson-Poti

I dunno.....it's wishful thinking, but if those tweaks are made and BB makes some SERIOUS adjustments to his coaching philosophy...maybe...just maybe, the Caps will be able to advance through the playoffs without having to always go to a game 7.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

trade green and keep corvo ... thats all i would change up there ...

edit... i like morrison on D
I prefer Morrison and Green to Uh-Oh Corvo.

Grab a stay at home/lockdown defender to pair with Green and you'll be a lot better off. The offense is more than fine. Green would be able to jump up into the play while the other D man releases high to the the neutral zone. Still not perfect, but better than whats going on now.

And don't lock up the Presidents Trophy in February so theres a little urgency going into the postseason.
laugh.gif

Great game last night, Sharks scoring 3 goals all within a minute and 19 seconds was pretty sick. Detroit wouldn't go away though and I wouldn't be surprised if this series goes 7.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Grab a stay at home/lockdown defender to pair with Green and you'll be a lot better off. The offense is more than fine. Green would be able to jump up into the play while the other D man releases high to the the neutral zone. Still not perfect, but better than whats going on now.

And don't lock up the Presidents Trophy in February so theres a little urgency going into the postseason.
laugh.gif

That's why Volchenkov would be a huge addition to that team, but New Jersey needs him just as badly and I'm hoping they get him especially if they plan on letting Martin walk.

Yeah, I hope Staal is ok, he never missed a game due to injury, I never knew that

Good luck Bruins, beat the Flyers *%*. Blackhawks early evening and then Mosley-Mayweather fight.
pimp.gif

Wow. once again Maroon denied a chance 
smh.gif

Jared Ross and Andreas Nodl have no business in the NHL. They were crap in the AHL.
11j6ofa_th.jpg

another dumb##! decision

Bruins win in a blowout

SAVVVVVYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! What a snipejob. Hollywood couldn't have written that game better.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom