OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD.... BLACKHAWKS WIN STANLEY CUP

Let's go Yotes.

I'm still waiting on Stemp to score his first playoff goal.

Hopefully, it comes tonight with a Coyotes win.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

True Blues, have you been to a game at the Garden? Asking cause I wanted to know if the nets above the glass in Buffalo look different than the ones in the Garden. On TV they looked like it was tough to see through them.
I have yet to see a game at the TD Garden (I did at the old Garden, though). Personally, I didn't have a problem with the netting at HSBC, and could even follow the action even at the other end.

agold1002 wrote:
True Blues...HSBC is an awesome arena i was there for teh NCAA tourney a few years back when VCU beat Duke but playoff hockey is like nothing else.

I was definitely impressed with the atmosphere. My buddies and I are actually thinking about making the trip for the 2010-11 World Juniors.

I can't believe that I am relieved that the Hawks made it out of the 1st round. We need to get into a groove very quickly in the next round. As for the Caps & the Canadians, I hope Montreal shocks everyone and pulls it off in game 7 (sorry DoubleJs & NSB4). If Pittsburgh and Boston end up playing one another that series is going to take tension to a whole different stratosphere. I will be watching the Phoenix - Detroit game tonight, should be intense.

Deadset and bjm, good news from @NHLBruins:

367154e278d8223459fa64dea73d045a50de4e7.jpg

I'm nervous as hell heading into tomorrow night. I said before the series started that Montreal was a terrible match-up for the Caps and I wasn't buying into people calling for a sweep or anything along those lines. Halak...what can you say. He turned in one of the BEST playoff performances ever. He was unreal last night. For whatever the reason, the Caps have started just about every game flat. Getting yourself into a 2-0 hole before 10 minutes has passed is not a good sign at all. The problem was, this team was already looking ahead to round 2 before round 1 started. This would be a failure of epic proportions of Montreal comes out w. the victory. Home ice at Verizon Center hasn't meant %%%*, and Montreal has nothing to lose. ALL the pressure is on the Caps. I don't have high hopes for this game 7, and I have a strong feeling that Montreal will further expose the Caps and move on....I really...REALLY hope I'm wrong
smh.gif

If Montreal wins, it's the biggest 1-8 upset I've ever seen. Maybe San Jose over STL in 2000 had a bigger impact. Edmonton over Detroit probably would be second. Pittsburgh and Ottawa over Jersey was just personally crushing
laugh.gif

Looks like 3 teams are going to be fighting over Ken Hitchcock.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm nervous as hell heading into tomorrow night. I said before the series started that Montreal was a terrible match-up for the Caps and I wasn't buying into people calling for a sweep or anything along those lines. Halak...what can you say. He turned in one of the BEST playoff performances ever. He was unreal last night. For whatever the reason, the Caps have started just about every game flat. Getting yourself into a 2-0 hole before 10 minutes has passed is not a good sign at all. The problem was, this team was already looking ahead to round 2 before round 1 started. This would be a failure of epic proportions of Montreal comes out w. the victory. Home ice at Verizon Center hasn't meant *#!%, and Montreal has nothing to lose. ALL the pressure is on the Caps. I don't have high hopes for this game 7, and I have a strong feeling that Montreal will further expose the Caps and move on....I really...REALLY hope I'm wrong
smh.gif

I hope you're wrong too. I sat there completey dumbfounded during last nights game. I believe we will come out aggressive and win big on Wednesday. No way Halak has a repeat performance in game 7.

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm nervous as hell heading into tomorrow night. I said before the series started that Montreal was a terrible match-up for the Caps and I wasn't buying into people calling for a sweep or anything along those lines. Halak...what can you say. He turned in one of the BEST playoff performances ever. He was unreal last night. For whatever the reason, the Caps have started just about every game flat. Getting yourself into a 2-0 hole before 10 minutes has passed is not a good sign at all. The problem was, this team was already looking ahead to round 2 before round 1 started. This would be a failure of epic proportions of Montreal comes out w. the victory. Home ice at Verizon Center hasn't meant *#!%, and Montreal has nothing to lose. ALL the pressure is on the Caps. I don't have high hopes for this game 7, and I have a strong feeling that Montreal will further expose the Caps and move on....I really...REALLY hope I'm wrong
smh.gif

I hope you're wrong too. I sat there completey dumbfounded during last nights game. I believe we will come out aggressive and win big on Wednesday. No way Halak has a repeat performance in game 7.

i'm definitely guilty in terms of being one of the people that assumed the caps had this. i had said 5 games i think. i had NO idea halak would be this outstanding though.

i was watching a caps game a few weeks back, probably vs boston, and tom poti is one of the smoothest skaters i think ive ever seen..

sucks for WSH. i still cant decide who i want. i NEVER thought id even think of pulling for the habs. worse than pulling for the yankees.

i was watching a caps game a few weeks back, probably vs boston, and tom poti is one of the smoothest skaters i think ive ever seen..

sucks for WSH. i still cant decide who i want. i NEVER thought id even think of pulling for the habs. worse than pulling for the yankees.
The Habs haven't done +%!# since 1992-93, I would hardly compare them to the Yankees. I am aware they have 24 Stanley cups, but they are nowhere near the powerhouse they used to be. My interest is in the West so I wouldn't mind seeing the Canadiens pull the upset.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

The Habs haven't done +%!# since 1992-93, I would hardly compare them to the Yankees. I am aware they have 24 Stanley cups, but they are nowhere near the powerhouse they used to be. My interest is in the West so I wouldn't mind seeing the Canadiens pull the upset.

nah i think he means in terms of being a boston fan. i know a lot of bruins and sox fans, myself included, that hate the canadiens more than the yankees
laugh.gif

DeadsetAce wrote:

bjm5295 wrote:

nah i think he means in terms of being a boston fan. i know a lot of bruins and sox fans, myself included, that hate the canadiens more than the yankees
laugh.gif

Elaborate, I am unaware of the rivalry/hatred between to the two teams.

DeadsetAce wrote:

bjm5295 wrote:

laugh.gif

Elaborate, I am unaware of the rivalry/hatred between to the two teams.

i mean it's two of the oldest teams in the NHL so it's like an original 6 rivalry. i know like in the 80's they played each other a TON in the playoffs. prior to that i don't much aside from what my dad tells me, which is a lot of bad blood and fights, along with a lot of heated playoff battles. im pretty sure i've heard that we've squared off with each other in the playoffs more than any other two teams have in the history of the nhl. it's just the one match up that makes bruins fans gear up for the most. even in montreal, when you show up there in a bruins jersey, you're catching major heat. it may not have the long history that the sox-yankees rivalry has, but it definitely has one.

also, hockey is my favorite sport, so that may add to why i enjoy watching this one more than the sox-yankees one, although don't get me wrong, i live and die for that !+%* as well
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

i mean it's two of the oldest teams in the NHL so it's like an original 6 rivalry. i know like in the 80's they played each other a TON in the playoffs. prior to that i don't much aside from what my dad tells me, which is a lot of bad blood and fights, along with a lot of heated playoff battles. im pretty sure i've heard that we've squared off with each other in the playoffs more than any other two teams have in the history of the nhl. it's just the one match up that makes bruins fans gear up for the most. even in montreal, when you show up there in a bruins jersey, you're catching major heat. it may not have the long history that the sox-yankees rivalry has, but it definitely has one.

also, hockey is my favorite sport, so that may add to why i enjoy watching this one more than the sox-yankees one, although don't get me wrong, i live and die for that !+%* as well
laugh.gif
Gotcha, what's funny is I remember reading that in this months issue of ESPN magazine (pg. 41 if you have it)
laugh.gif
Apparently they have squared off 32 times in the playoffs, which is the most in all of sports.
eek.gif
 Now I see where the hate comes from.

If you show up with anything American-esque in Montreal, you're getting mean mugged.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but what is with Montreal vs. the U.S?  I don't see the hate from any other Canadian city like I do with Montreal?  What are they so mad at us about?  If I should know, I apologize, because I love Canada as a country but Montreal and their antics gets very old

Montreal is French Canada, the French and Americans dont exactly get along... so, that I suppose.

And yeah I wasnt comparing the two franchises. Although theyre simalar in that they both ran their respective sports, the habs haven't done much in a what have you done for me lately way. MTL is just probably our biggest rivalry.

Oh, and this one just hit me. They booed the @!$* out of the national anthem a few times, recently against the Caps, historically against the Bruins. Take a look.. >>>

This is why [real] Boston hockey fans>>>*
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom