OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD.... BLACKHAWKS WIN STANLEY CUP

Originally Posted by frink85

the kings had a good run this season. a few offseason tweaks and were gunning for home ice in the playoffs next year.

Still %%+#%% hurts though, just thinking about all the possibilities, and missed opportunities, that could of had the Kings on the winning end of this series.

But it was a good season, I hope the guys can take this as a learning lesson for 2011. 

I'm done with hockey for the season.   See y'all next season. 
frown.gif

i love the kings' team, i was really pulling for them. bobby lou grand larceny'd smyth.
smh.gif
but theyre built for a long run of competitiveness.

Very true deadset & bjm, I like this current team a lot, that's why it was heartbreaking even more so this year.
I'm already looking forward to next year.

smile.gif

Kings look good and most importantly they are young. I expect them to be a player in the western conference playoffs for a good while.

^im glad they went through the ups/downs and growing pains this year. they started off really hot and were at the top of the conference at one point, but leveled off and struggled towards the end of the season. hopefully they build on this year and learn how to be consistently good next season.

btw...happy birthday to the lone oiler fan on the board (i think
laugh.gif
)

happy birthday Physicx!
pimp.gif

Oilers_Cutout_2_8054f.1600x1200.jpg

FrenchBlue23, the Kings are going to be a team making noise in the west for years to come. Chalk this playoff series as nothing more than the experience they will need to eventually win a cup. If management keeps all of the young talent in tact and maybe does a little tweaking, you guys will be dangerous.

Physicx, what are the odds the Oilers get both 1 & 2 in the draft? Have you heard who they would be willing to part with for the 2nd pick as well? Happy Birthday btw!

HBD Physicx

I know we are out of the playoffs and it looks like we are out of a coach too.

[h1]
[h1]Devils coach Jacques Lemaire retires one season into second stint with team[/h1][h4]By Rich Chere/The Star-Ledger [/h4][h5]April 26, 2010, 11:57AM[/h5]
23-spdevils-hindashjpg-9bf238e035907c5a_large.jpg

Saed Hindash/The Star-LedgerJacques Lemaire has retired as coach of the Devils.One season after returning to New Jersey to coach the Devils, Jacques Lemaire has decided to retire. And for the second straight offseason, the Devils will be looking for a new coach after a premature playoff exit.

The 64-year-old Lemaire said he was getting close retirement, but after leading the Devils to an Atlantic Division title this past season -- his sixth overall on the Devils' bench -- he said he was too worn down to continue as coach.

General Manager Lou Lamoriello notified the team of Lemaire's departure because Lamoriello said the coach was too emotional to address the players, who were gathered at the Prudential Center to clear out their lockers after losing to the Flyers in five games in the Eastern Conference quarterfinals.

Lamoriello said he has not begun the process of finding the Devils' next head coach because he was only informed of Lemaire's decision in the past 24 hours.

[/h1]

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

FrenchBlue23, the Kings are going to be a team making noise in the west for years to come. Chalk this playoff series as nothing more than the experience they will need to eventually win a cup. If management keeps all of the young talent in tact and maybe does a little tweaking, you guys will be dangerous.

FB, it was a very good series, and part of me is glad they lost, so they can gain that experience.
I do really hope Jack Johnson, and Doughty get paid.  They need to lock up these 2 long term.

As far as free agency goes, Kovalchuk would be
eek.gif
with the Kings.
It's gonna be an interesting off-season.

In Lombardi I trust.  He got us the pieces to be here.

*p.s. HBD physicx.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

i think i speak for most of us bostonians when i say we want hall.. its true you cant go wrong either way, but were loaded at center and dont have much in the winger spots other than wheeler and ryder who are question marks for next year, let alone the future. i wish miro and recchi were like 30.
laugh.gif
We are loaded up the middle, especially with our former 8th overall pick Zach Hammils in the A, probably moving up next year. If we do end up with Seguin, it wouldn't shock me if we moved him or Bergeron in the off-season for a big-name winger or defenceman.

Enjoy yourself at Game 6, bjm. Go B's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HBD Physicx

As promised, here are a handful of my photos from Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Quarter Finals in Buffalo (unfrotunately, a Bruins loss).

A few notes:
- Seats were first row in the 300 level.
- This was my first playoff game live, and I must say it was pretty intense in person.
- I was a little bitnervous heading into "enemy" territory, but there were a surprising number of Bruins jerseys at the game.
- The best chirp I received (which in itself was pretty weak), "Cam Neely is an [expletive] homosexual." (I was wearing one of my Neely jerseys)
- Fans were giving Rask grief all game.
- "Let's go Buff-a-lo" gets really annoying after a while.

4555352562_4f4431343f.jpg

4554726131_82a47029a5.jpg

4555357982_ddabbc3780.jpg

4554728363_1acbac77c5.jpg

4554731847_5444494f04.jpg

4554729909_d42632d617.jpg

4555364242_4ae2692664.jpg

4555365388_36c9635908.jpg

4554737935_22b8f843c2.jpg

4554742913_b4bb64f233.jpg

The full set can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49654848@N06/sets/72157623812773257/

thanks much deadset
smile.gif

FIRST B0RN - i have no idea about our chances of snagging the number 2 pick, but what i can tell you is that EVERYONE is on the block. the only untouchable is hemsky and maybe gagner and penner (id be open trading penner though). everyone is on the block: souray (obviously since he wants out now), cogliano (likely), horcoff (
laugh.gif
smh.gif
), o'sullivan (likely), rights to eberle (likely), pretty much everyone

so many bad contracts on our team it saddens me. i cant see who boston would want from us to be honest
laugh.gif

anyways, thanks to everyone
smile.gif

edit - and my jonathan toews team canada authentic came in the other day. olympics were over how long ago
laugh.gif
smh.gif
. oh well,  now i have something legit to rock on canada day
pimp.gif

Where did you get the Canada jersey from? I can't find a place that I trust that still has them in stock....

Though I haven't looked in a week or two, I still want a Crosby one

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Hossa came through after that 5 minute major. We were fortunate that we didn't blow that game
ed035fe847707cba684cb074f0ae67065065b5f.gif

As much as I'm rooting for Chicago to make some noise this postseason, IMO I think Hossa should have got a game misconduct for that one and a one game suspension.  He clearly gave a little shove in the back on that one and pushed Hamuis (I think that's who it was) into the boards.  I mean Ovie did it to Campbell, got a misconduct and 2 games.  Just my $0.02 on it.
Hossa should have been given a game mis-conduct, but not a one game suspension. You forget that Ovie is a dirty player who has a history of cheap shots and has been suspended before. Hossa has never had a history of doing what he did. The league made the right call on not suspending him.

smh.gif

looks like this one is going 7.....

Montreal was the WORST match-up for the caps going into the playoffs....

Back
Top Bottom