Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

Good start Pens... and Malkin over Crosby? .....naaaaahhh... it's worth talking about i guess, but Crosby still hasn't reached his ceiling yet, imo.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Good start Pens... and Malkin over Crosby? .....naaaaahhh... it's worth talking about i guess, but Crosby still hasn't reached his ceiling yet, imo.

I don't think Crosby is quite 100%, and it's not like they weren't focusing most of their attention on him either. Honestly I think he'd haveno problem taking all the attention to open things up for Malkin if it means they win.

the caps were a tough draw for us...ovechkin is ridiculous right now

hopefully fly guys can win it....

if the sharks get past calgary and anaheim they could take it...

but lets go dallas. hardest serious vs the defending champions hope they pull thru..

CQuan.... ur right...we NEVER agree on anything
laugh.gif

if you all want a good laugh or two, check this out....CNNSI did Iginla & Ovechkin DIRTY!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu...layers.resembling.entertainers/content.1.html

mrmossyman84

You buggin. No way Detroit loses to Anaheim again. Not gonna happen. I won't call last year a fluke, and Teemu's been my guy sinceWinnepeg, but The D came to play this year. Last year was extreme motivation for them. #5 wants to win one without Stevie, Babcock is on point behind thebench, and they have the best two young guys on the same line not named Crosby and Malkin (Zetterberg and Datsyuk).

People steady question the goaltending, and that amazes me... The series we've lost over the past few years wasn't because of bad goaltending, it wasbecause of STELLAR goaltending from the other side. From JS Giguere shutting EVERYTHING down a few years back to now, I can only thing of maybe two years inwhich we just got outplayed (against Edmonton and Calgary). Last year was one... and I think that all came down to how physical Anaheim was. I don't thinkthe Ducks are any less physical now, but the reunion of the Grind Line means more than just some guys forechecking. I thinkthe Wings win that one in 6 or 7,and then beat San Jose in 7 to get to the Finals.

Now, in those finals, I have no idea who they play, but none of those teams frighten me, actually. None of them have aspects the Wings can't play. Likelast year, the main thing was the physicality of certain teams, and how the finesse level of the Swedes on Detroit would be able to contend. Obviously thatcame to fuition. But what can anybody say about them now? Honestly? Best defenseman in hockey, great PP (4th, I think) great PK (8th), #1 GAA, c'mon...Even breaking my heart in February didn't slow them up much...

i think west will be sharks or anaheim.. anaheim is a crazy team, amazing psychical play and i really do think that detriot isnt ready for the defense thatanaheim would put up.. and the east is a joke..

Let's go Bruins! The damn Habs have had our number since I can remember.
mad.gif
Anybody remember McLaren just bundling that guy in the playoffs?

anyone else see this thread shows like only a few replies when you are on the front of the sports forum page???

Originally Posted by areyouin729

anyone else see this thread shows like only a few replies when you are on the front of the sports forum page???

I just noticed that too... don't' know what the deal is, NT is buggin lately.

Originally Posted by areyouin729

This is the one time I would love to see the Yuku magician.....it's annoying

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

Rangers fans: what's your view on Sean Avery? is Brendan Shanahan really keeping him in check?
I don't know exaclty what you mean but Brendan Shanahan has been like an older brother for Sean Avery since they were both playing on the RedWings. He does keep an eye on him alot and he tries to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid.

That could be a pretty tough job...
laugh.gif

I'm glad to see that there are so many NT'ers interested in hockey.
pimp.gif

NHL playoffs are where it's at, nothing is guaranteed, 8th and 7th seeds are not to be taken lightly in hockey.

Montreal absolutely dominated Boston tonight........there's nothing like a playoff game at the Bell Centre
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Was surprised that the Detroit game came down to the 3rd period......figured the Wings would at least put up 3-4 goals by at least the 10minute mark of the3rd.
smh.gif

i cant believe i have to wait til tomorrow for Flyers hockey...%%% is that?!?!

all these games got me ready to go

Shanahan keeping Avery in check? Did Shanny recommend the #%$@@! Avery was caught with a few weeks ago?
tongue.gif
I love Avery though even though Im a Devils fan. He's what hockey needs,not guys like Brasher and Simon. Avery can beat you up then put the puck in the net when he gets out of the box. I see a bit of Avery in Clarkson. It'sweird though, Avery wasn't what he is today when he was with LA. Some players just shine in NYC while others faulter (Pavel Bure)

Fully expected the Sharks to rebound tonight and even up the series.......
eek.gif
eek.gif
@ Dallas beating Anaheim 4-0, I REALLY did not expect that to happen. I suppose counting Dallasout isn't the best thing to do just yet
laugh.gif

Pitt/Sens go tomorrow and Washington/Caps start up tomorrow as well
pimp.gif

I have full confidence in the Ducks still winning this series, provided they keep their cool.
They absolutely handed this game to the Stars.

gotta root for the rangers on this one now that my leafs have once again missed the playoffs. its hard not to root for gomez, drury, and lundqvist

Back
Top Bottom