Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

One thing I noticed that's different from Hockey and Soccer is the scoring technique.

It seems like a lot of the points scored in hockey is forced. You see a lot of the players just trying to ram themselves into the net. But I did see some nicepasses leading to goals.

In soccer you see a lot of passing and crossing going on. Bicycle kicks FTW!!
pimp.gif

These Stanley Cup playoffs have been awesome. They have been way better than the NBA playoffs. I love hockey, and I love OT in playoff games. This will have anawesome finish. I think I am smelling another 4 OT game.

Man when are the Wings gonna get a penalty. The Wings need to get something close to the net.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

These Stanley Cup playoffs have been awesome. They have been way better than the NBA playoffs. I love hockey, and I love OT in playoff games. This will have an awesome finish. I think I am smelling another 4 OT game.

Have you not seen any of the come from behind victories that went on in the NBA playoff's???

this is my first time ever watching a hockey game, but a hockey goalie might be the hardest position to play in ANY sport dudes gotta have the strongets legsever how do squat down that damn long and still be able to stop that lil %$+ puck.

Pitts. goalie is a damn beast..and detroits defense gives all new meaning to me for "lock down defense" it seems like the have the puck on their sideof the ice for like 5 minutes at a time and Pitt barely makes it past half ice(is that what its called in hockey?) Good game I might have to pay a lil moreattention to hockey I dunno if its just cause its a 2ot game in the finals or if hockey is usually like this but its more exciting than i thought,

BTW way do they still have shootouts in hockey where dudes go one on one with the goalie to win the game like in the Mighty Ducks? I wanna see both thsesgoalies do work they are nice

Well, I think that this game has now hit the point where the first team to make a major mistake loses.

With that said, Ozgood has to shape his act up. Dude is shaaaaky right now.

Uh oh dude just pulled a Kobe tapped his chest and said hes gona score...better make it happen

def not a Kobe move, cant guaruntee a score then get taken out the game i hope they lose now haha

Oh man.

That powerplay seemed to take forever. And yet, so many chances, and we didnt come out with anything.

Mike Babcock, do Saskatoon proud. Win this damn thing already
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

BTW way do they still have shootouts in hockey where dudes go one on one with the goalie to win the game like in the Mighty Ducks? I wanna see both thses goalies do work they are nice
Not in the playoffs.......they just keep playing and playing
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

That bouncing puck on top of the net was damn close......San Jose/Dallas all over again?

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by cquan05

Everyone here knows I'm a Pens fan.........

i thought you were a Leafs fan...
laugh.gif

Hell nooooooooo.......I'm prolly the only dude who lives in Toronto and dislikes the Leafs
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Joe, after watching that vid, I really miss three players. Fedorov, Shanny, and Larry Murphy. Yes, I loved Larry Murphy...

Thats back to damn near the Larionov days
laugh.gif
It was so frustrating, late in games, how he would waste the clock in his own end, trying to start something,when ultimately nothing happened for the team
laugh.gif

Oh, the good ol days.

eek.gif

Dude just flipped the damn Pittsburgh player!

eek.gif

So much pressure to start the period. Marc-Andre is playing the damn game of his life.

Back
Top Bottom