Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

I watched the 3rd Period and 1st OT and that was fun to watch. Morrow's hit was awful. The guy did not see him coming and just drilled him. Clean hit butman, that was devastating. I swear to God, my shoulder and back started to hurt a little watching that hit.

I'm not counting you guys out, you just have only a slight chance... Detroit is tops. Watch the experts pick the Stars, though...

Originally Posted by Numberr97

wow counting the stars out already nice...

I just have a lot of confidence in this team. If they can stay healthy, they should be able to take care of every team in the NHL. I think Dallas is a justanother good matchup for Detroit. Plus, you cannot ingore how bad Turco has been against Detroit. It should be a fun series and I hope it comes back to the Dfor Game 5 because I will now be attending the game. This Wings team looks to be clicking on all cylinders and Ozzie looks like he wants another Cup.

i highly doubt the experts will pick the stars, but i must agree that wings are going on all cylinders especially franzen damn he has been storming thru theplayoffs. but there's a reason why we play the game.. good luck to all the wing fans and i think it'll be a fun series to watch

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

AND...i wonder who the new coach is gonna be.

Drew R. for coach
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Do it!
pimp.gif
But can he have a headset on while coaching to do somecommentating?

Originally Posted by Numberr97

i highly doubt the experts will pick the stars, but i must agree that wings are going on all cylinders especially franzen damn he has been storming thru the playoffs. but there's a reason why we play the game.. good luck to all the wing fans and i think it'll be a fun series to watch

No doubt. Good luck to you and the Stars fans. Morrow has been going crazy out there and he scares me a little. Those first 2 lines of the Stars are goodbut I just think ours are playing a little better.

Originally Posted by JoeBonnano

the series with Detroit is all but already over. Sorry.
Moron
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

At least be like the others and come in here and give the other teams SOME credit before you start your rants about how Detroit is untouchable.......If Iwere to read your posts only I would've thought Detroit went 82-0 with 0 GAA and 1,000GF in the regular season. YES, they are a VERY good team and rightnow they're rolling, but IMO I think Dallas is on a bigger roll with more just as much confidence. The Richards trade has helped them out tremendously andthe playoffs is one of the many reasons why they got him. For some reason I don't think Dallas is getting enough credit......Detroit use to be my favoriteteam as a kid, and Osgood is STILL one of my favorite goalies but for some reason I fail to see why they're as good as they are.

Ahhh well........I'm taking Dallas in 6 and Pitts burgh in 6 or 7 I think. Either way it's going to be fun to watch these Conference Finals and thebetter team will prevail whether its Detroit, Dallas, Pitts or Philly
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

dudes really desperate for attention. go make another post about how everyone hates you.
156zpdw.png

LOL for reals, remember when dude got roasted on HT hahahahahaha

Moron
I don't see why namecalling is necessary. I already said I'm something like the biggest Wings fan on this board and a certified slappy.

but IMO I think Dallas is on a bigger roll with more just as much confidence.
If you DID go back and read the post I made about Dallas, I said their "Team of Destiny" role has already been shattered. They lost twostraight games and played sloppily enough in Game 6 to lose. The third period was ALL Sharks. Quite frankly, had there not been a penalty, they might STILL beplaying. It might have come down to one of those Yzerman vs St. Louis blasts from the blue line fluke goals to end it. Who knows?

Anyway, I don't think this one is close, either. Unless Turco stands on his HEAD in this series, they have little to no shot, really. My biggest thing hasalways been plus/minus, and it has always held true. Dallas' BEST opportunity to strike will be when the FOURTH line of the Wings is on the ice. All thoseguys I believe are in the negative, albeit close to zero, a negative nonetheless... I don't know if it's the teams you were facing or what, but thegoals haven't come. If Turco doesn't beat the Wings, then I can't honestly say you have a chance.

The two teams are about even on the PP. Dallas is SO much better than Colorado in terms of that facet of the game, so that's where it will be won or lost,really. One thing Dallas fans need to be wary of though, is that the Stars have given up 2 SHG already, and Detroit has 3 in these playoffs so far, to go alongwith the best defensive forwards in the game.

I said Detroit in 5, possibly 6. I gave you guys WAY more credit than the Avs, when I said that was Detroit's best chance at a sweep. I don't thinkthis one will be a sweep. I think this will be closer to the 95 Conference Finals with Detroit and Chicago. The series only went 5 games, but three went to OTand two went 2OT. All the games were one goal, except the one the Hawks won, which was 5-2 or something. It'll be hard fought, but in the end, you guysdon't have wave after wave of guys that can keep up with the Wings.

Now, if that Left-Wing-Lock makes an apprearance, Detroit may have a problem... We'll see... But you already know my take on things. What's YOURS?

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by JoeBonnano

the series with Detroit is all but already over. Sorry.
Moron
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

At least be like the others and come in here and give the other teams SOME credit before you start your rants about how Detroit is untouchable.......If I were to read your posts only I would've thought Detroit went 82-0 with 0 GAA and 1,000GF in the regular season. YES, they are a VERY good team and right now they're rolling, but IMO I think Dallas is on a bigger roll with more just as much confidence. The Richards trade has helped them out tremendously and the playoffs is one of the many reasons why they got him. For some reason I don't think Dallas is getting enough credit......Detroit use to be my favorite team as a kid, and Osgood is STILL one of my favorite goalies but for some reason I fail to see why they're as good as they are.

Ahhh well........I'm taking Dallas in 6 and Pitts burgh in 6 or 7 I think. Either way it's going to be fun to watch these Conference Finals and the better team will prevail whether its Detroit, Dallas, Pitts or Philly
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
Didn't you pick Detroit to lose to Colorado and laugh when Joe said the Wings were going to sweep them?

^I DID pick Colorado to beat Detroit in the semi's.......Did I laugh? No idea you'd have to go back in this thread and check.......I'm assuming Iprobably added the
laugh.gif
in my response.....

I don't have any beef against Joe......My thoughts are in GENERAL in this next paragraph.

I just hate when someone who is an avid (insert team here) supporter only posts about how their team is going to win and blah blah blah. They don't giveANY positive insights about the opposing team. It's always about how ______ is going to win the game, series etc........I wanted the Habs to win in the 1strd against Boston and said after games 1 & 2 that the Bruins were going to get swept. After games 4 & 5 I gave credit and didn't speak completelynegatively on the B's. I suppose the point I'm getting at is Joe doesn't necessarily have to come in here and post about how the Wings are going tosweep the Stars, shut them out every game, then go on to beat Pitts (
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
) in the Stanley Cup Final and sweep them without allowing a goal en route to winning theStanley Cup. Yes, this is a message board and everyone can say whatever the hell they want etc etc....but it just gets boring/annoying after a certain point. Idon't want to have to come in here for the next 2 weeks or whatever and read about how the Wings outplayed the Stars in Game 1 but lost the game and wereoutshot 40-20 etc etc......

Anyways......Stars/Wings starts Thursday and the battle of Pennsylvania starts Friday
pimp.gif

guys stop arguing lol its pointless there's a reason the game is to be played. starting thursday we will all find things out..

smh...both of my teams get knocked out in the same night...
smh.gif

Hopefully the Flyers beat the Penguins and the Red Wings beat the Stars....rematch of 1997
pimp.gif

I just hate when someone who is an avid (insert team here) supporter only posts about how their team is going to win and blah blah blah. They don't give ANY positive insights about the opposing team.
I'm sorry... am I supposed to be NICE when referring to how I think my team is gonna stomp yours? I get your point, but still. I said Coloradowas no match for the Wings, and they went out and proved me wrong. I also gave Nashville MAD props about their puck moving defense and their ability to shutdown the odd man rush, which is why they gave the Wings fits.

It's always about how ______ is going to win the game, series etc........I wanted the Habs to win in the 1st rd against Boston and said after games 1 & 2 that the Bruins were going to get swept. After games 4 & 5 I gave credit and didn't speak completely negatively on the B's.
Yes, but your team lost, and that's something you had to do. The Wings haven't even lost since Ozzie came into the rink. I mean, it'sonly a matter of time before that indeed happens, but til they do, I get to be proud, and don't really have to back away from it.

I suppose the point I'm getting at is Joe doesn't necessarily have to come in here and post about how the Wings are going to sweep the Stars, shut them out every game,
You're crying now... I never said Wings in a sweep. I said they'll win in 6, and if it's less than 6, it'll be like 95 against theBlackhawks where every game came down to the wire.

I DID however say that they would Sweep Pitt, just off the sheer fact that I'll take the old guard against the young upstarts any day of the week,especially when the top two lines are almost dead even when it comes to scoring, yet Detroit is SO much better on D then the Pens...

I don't want to have to come in here for the next 2 weeks or whatever and read about how the Wings outplayed the Stars in Game 1 but lost the game and were outshot 40-20 etc etc......
First, I don't think the Wings have been outshot in a game in like 15 years, but whatever. I'll be the first to admit the other teamscapitalization on mistakes. I will always give props to those that WIN. Witness my lil tirade about how the Predators won their two games in Nashville.

Look, I'll put it simple... the only teams that were close to the Wings in terms of the way they play are all out of the playoffs. I felt that the Wingswould have a very good chance of making it back to the finals if JS and Nabby were out. And they are. I don't think anybody else in the entire league hasthe level of talent on 4 straight lines that the wings have. They come at you in wave after wave, and never let up, all while shutting down your top scorers.The only question is goaltending, but I mean Damn, Ozzie can't catch a break. Look at the dudes stats... he's been more consistent over the past 14years than argualbly any other goalie in the league. That has to account for something.

Anyway, you're just a hater.
tongue.gif
Just having some fun.

I felt that the Wings would have a very good chance of making it back to the finals if JS and Nabby were out. And they are.

yea but who took both of them out? so your implying stars are still worse then the ducks and sharks..

Dude writes essays to inform people of his OPINIONS. Nobody cares. And Addicted, stop changing sigs lol people are going to think you're rooting for thehot teams

Edit: 3 minutes after I posted, dude reaffirms what I said about his essay writing tendency
laugh.gif

Hell of a game last night. Nabby played his heart out.

Sharks had a great year and we should be a big contender again next year...

I'm sorry... am I supposed to be NICE when referring to how I think my team is gonna stomp yours? I get your point, but still. I said Colorado was no match for the Wings, and they went out and proved me wrong. I also gave Nashville MAD props about their puck moving defense and their ability to shut down the odd man rush, which is why they gave the Wings fits.
Never said you have to be NICE......I'm sure if someone else came in here and started to praise their team like they were God's teamyou'd have something to say about it as well.

Yes, but your team lost, and that's something you had to do. The Wings haven't even lost since Ozzie came into the rink. I mean, it's only a matter of time before that indeed happens, but til they do, I get to be proud, and don't really have to back away from it.
Funny thing is San Jose isn't my team.....They were just the team I WANTED to win and that I chose to beat Dallas. Since the start of theregular season I've always said Pittsburgh was "my" team. You're surely fooling yourself if you think the Wings will sweep Dallas &Pittsburgh. I'll PayPal you $10 if the Wings win their next 8 games.

You're crying now... I never said Wings in a sweep. I said they'll win in 6, and if it's less than 6, it'll be like 95 against the Blackhawks where every game came down to the wire.

I DID however say that they would Sweep Pitt, just off the sheer fact that I'll take the old guard against the young upstarts any day of the week, especially when the top two lines are almost dead even when it comes to scoring, yet Detroit is SO much better on D then the Pens...

I'm crying? Word? Don't think so......Was just trying letting my thoughts out.....don't think that qualifies as"crying"..
grin.gif
Outside of Lidstrom/Rafalski and MAYBEKronwall.......Detroit's D is sub par.

First, I don't think the Wings have been outshot in a game in like 15 years, but whatever. I'll be the first to admit the other teams capitalization on mistakes. I will always give props to those that WIN. Witness my lil tirade about how the Predators won their two games in Nashville.

Look, I'll put it simple... the only teams that were close to the Wings in terms of the way they play are all out of the playoffs. I felt that the Wings would have a very good chance of making it back to the finals if JS and Nabby were out. And they are. I don't think anybody else in the entire league has the level of talent on 4 straight lines that the wings have. They come at you in wave after wave, and never let up, all while shutting down your top scorers. The only question is goaltending, but I mean Damn, Ozzie can't catch a break. Look at the dudes stats... he's been more consistent over the past 14 years than argualbly any other goalie in the league. That has to account for something.
I know that's an exaggeration......but c'mon, you can't be that ******ed can you? Red Wings were outshot in Game 3 against Nashville.Anyways, as I said Osgood was and still is one of my favorite goalies and Detroit was one of my favorite teams growing up as a kid. The first NHL game I eversaw live was @ the Joe as a matter of fact
pimp.gif

Not a hater by any means........just think you don't know much about hockey, but it's cool you root for your team and have pride in them. Here are somestats for you though, just having some fun.........Enough of my time on this though, we shall move on!

- Dallas ranks second in the playoffs with 2.00 goals against per game. Detroit ranks third with 2.10 goals against per game.

- Dallas ranks second in the playoffs with a 25.0% success rate. Detroit ranks ninth at 20.4%.

- Dallas' Brendan Morrow and Stephane Robidas rank first and second in the playoffs with 66 hits and 59 hits, respectively.

- Detroit's Johan Franzen and Dallas' Mike Ribeiro are tied for second in the playoffs with 14 points.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Dude writes essays to inform people of his OPINIONS. Nobody cares. And Addicted, stop changing sigs lol people are going to think you're rooting for the hot teams

I did make the Flyers sig but then I had to change it....I cant really rep the Flyers like that....

So, I put my baseball team in my sig...
tired.gif
.... I HATE SUMMER...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom