Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

Great game by the Sharks and Dallas. Dallas, I hope the Red Wings kill ya'll. I'm an official NHL fan now. See ya'll next year.

Stars survived, unbelievable. The Sharks were finally starting to come on strong the past two games and this game as well. Morrow, this guy has definitelyearned that C on his jersey
eek.gif

Good game all around. It all comes back to the Sharks, it took a three game deficit for them to wake up. Let's Go Red Wings!

EDIT: Dallas VS. The Bay Area, the underdog's come out on top the past 2 years.

great game....can't fault the sharks for their play today. comin back from 3-0 is just too difficult.
Sharks=Suns of hockey in their inability to advance all the way in the postseason
smh.gif

hopefully they get a better coach.

frown.gif
that sucked...bad take by campbell there.

both teams played a great game. Hope JR comes back for one more (with the C on his chest). AND...i wonder who the new coach is gonna be.

It sucks to lose in 4OT
smh.gif
. When we had our powerplay, it was crap and then Dallas scored with their powerplay hella quick
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

frown.gif
that sucked...bad take by campbell there.

both teams played a great game. Hope JR comes back for one more (with the C on his chest). AND...i wonder who the new coach is gonna be.
yeah...[sheed] both teams played hard [/sheed]....

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

AND...i wonder who the new coach is gonna be.

Drew R. for coach
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Dude, that would be so cool
laugh.gif

And I always wondered why didn't Barnett get a coaching job for the Warriors when we had basically a revolving door with our coaches. Both Barnett andRamenda are very knowledgeable when it comes to their sport. Oh well, maybe he's just not cut out for the coaching lifestyle.

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Good game all around. It all comes back to the Sharks, it took a three game deficit for them to wake up. Let's Go Red Wings!

EDIT: Dallas VS. The Bay Area, the underdog's come out on top the past 2 years.

i agree good game, but that tripping call cost the sharks the season.

One of the best games, if not the best game for nabokov
pimp.gif
, sharksshould have left with a W. that would have the icing on the cake for him.

you can't blame the tripping call because sharks got a call in the 3rd ot and did nothing with it..

correct me if im wrong, but drew DID try the coaching gig before returning to broadcasting. Said it just wasnt for him.

plus, i doubt the players take him seriously after being around him for so long
laugh.gif

correct me if im wrong, but drew DID try the coaching gig before returning to broadcasting. Said it just wasnt for him.

plus, i doubt the players take him seriously after being around him for so long
laugh.gif
As a coach, Remenda got his start as a video coordinator for Hockey Canada in the 1980s, providing support for Canada's national team and the Canadian Amateur Hockey Association. He served as the coach for the University of Calgary's hockey team for the 1989-90 season before being hired as an assistant coach for the San Jose Sharks expansion team. Remenda served as an assistant coach for the Sharks from 1991 to 1995, then spent a year as the head coach of the Sharks' minor league affiliate, the Kansas City Blades.

http://
[h2] Broadcasting career[/h2]
After his coaching career, Remenda was offered a job as a broadcast analyst for the Sharks. Remenda started on radio, calling games with long-time Sharks radio announcer Dan Rusanowsky. In 1999, Remenda moved up to the Sharks TV crew, joining announcer Randy Hahn in calling Sharks games. His broadcast work with the Sharks over those years earned Remenda two Northern California Emmy Awards in the "On Camera Sports" category. Remenda also hosted Shark Byte, a 30-minute magazine-style show on FSN Bay Area dedicated to a behind the scenes look at the Sharks.

Remenda was also active in the Bay Area community during his first stint working with the Sharks organization. He was featured in the team's Reading Is Cool program, starring alongside team mascot S.J. Sharkie in videos distributed to Bay Area schools.

On May 17, 2006, following the Sharks' ouster from the 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs by the Edmonton Oilers, Remenda and Hahn tearfully wrapped up the telecast by announcing that Remenda would not return to the Sharks broadcast team in 2006-07. Remenda moved on to host "The Drew Remenda Sports Show" on News Talk 650 CKOM, a news/talk AM radio station in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. The program also airs on News Talk 980 CJME, a news/talk AM radio station in Regina, Saskatchewan.

After leaving the Sharks, Remenda accepted a position with the CBC, where he was frequently the color commentator alongside play-by-play announcer Jim Hughson for NHL broadcasts. When broadcasting Sharks games for the CBC, Remenda would frequently appear on the local Sharks FSN Bay Area telecast with Hahn and Marty McSorley, Remenda's on-air replacement, between periods.

Remenda teamed up with Hahn on FSN Bay Area again during Games 3 and 4 of the Sharks Western Conference semifinal matchup with the Detroit Red Wings when McSorley was unavailable for what the Sharks called "personal reasons." The San Jose Mercury News reported on July 3, 2007, that the Sharks had made an offer to Remenda in an effort to lure him back to the team's broadcast booth for the 2007-08 season. A month later, the San Jose Sharks reported on their Web site that Remenda had agreed to return to the organization as the team's television color analyst, replacing the departed McSorley.

Call the radio stations... let's make this happen
pimp.gif

i cant stand cali sports fans. dont cry we should have won in the 1st ot on the shot on goal that went into the crease with the glove save. then all the noncalls. stars wanted it more end of story.

lmaoo...only 1-2 dudes were saying that should have been a non-call..way to generalize all of us.

Originally Posted by na penny 89

i cant stand cali sports fans. dont cry we should have won in the 1st ot on the shot on goal that went into the crease with the glove save. then all the non calls. stars wanted it more end of story.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
How can you say the Stars wanted it more? The game went 4OT, and bothteams gave it their all. It's the playoffs for christ sake.

Hope JR comes back for one more (with the C on his chest).
I initally wanted to reply and say "what did Marleau do to get stripped of his C" but giving it some more thought, I think change isin order. Patrick Marleau seems like a cool, chill dude but for a hockey captain, those qualities do not necessarily help the team. We need a firey coach anda firey captain and without a doubt Ron Wilson should be shown the door and Marleau should step down and let someone else lead. Thornton isn't much ofvocal leader, he more so leads by example. Cheechoo can't handle a puck much less be a captain of the team, so that leaves J.R. if he decides to come backbut at his age, I doubt he'll agree to it.

A few more players I think should be traded or let go ... Doug Murray and Christian Erhoff (sp). Get some real defensemen for crying out loud.

I'm glad you all got this win. This was very emotional for you, but, after having been outplayed and winning in 4 OT, and giving up a 3-0 series lead andhaving all that self doubt about yourselves, the series with Detroit is all but already over. Sorry.

Had the Sharks won tonight, and then went on to win the series, I'd have said that would have been the toughest series for The Wings to win because SJwould have been on a roll with a worldbeater attitude (ala the BoSox)... But it didn't happen. And Dallas isn't a team of destiny anymore, they are ateam that got lucky to win.

Wings in 5. Bring on The Kid...

^ I wouldn't call it all but over but those first 2 are going to be real tough to beat the Wings. Wings look scary and Turco cannot beat the Wings. I hopeit goes 5 because I want to take my dad to the game for his Birthday (May 15) and Game 5 looks like it will be on Saturday the 17th. I am VERY happy withDetroit matching up with the Stars. It just seems like the Wings have their number and the only game they lost to the Stars this year was 1-0 with Jimmy Howardin net. Not too worried with this seires.

Yes... perhaps I get ahead of myself because I never think the Wings can be beat... I'm what people refer to as a "slappy"
laugh.gif
Maybe 5 games wasa stretch. Let's say 6 to be safe...

Anyway, the Wings are too fast for the Stars, but that's not what's gonna kill Dallas... The Wings are a much more physical team than they get creditfor. Dudes won't be able to catch the Wings' first line, and will prolly have trouble with the second. The grind lines for the Wings are MUCH betteroffensively than the Stars. This will come down to Ol Marty Mart... But check this out:

Turco has only won 2 out of like 18 games lifetime against Detroit. And he has never beaten the Red Wings in Detroit... Hmmm.

Chalk up three losses in Detroit, One at home. That's how the Wings beat him. How many games he wins in between is up to him...

Man, being a hockey "hater", the only team I regularily cheer for is Detroit... and this is the first year I bet against them. This series isdefinitely going to be interesting, thats forsure...

Back
Top Bottom