Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

Originally Posted by cquan05

^^^If you read the past 2-3 posts you will see the emotion wasn't mean in the sense that I was happy he got injured.

Addicted.....just wanted to see your thoughts on the game since I know you're a die hard Rangers fan that's all! I think in this playoffs thread we've disagreed on a couple things but in the Reg. Season thread we agreed on everything
laugh.gif
yea sorry....i posted that before I read your explanation...

now about last night's game....

I thought that we did a great job of getting back into the game and then that Hollweg penalty lost us the game....Very stupid penalty to take.... it was at thetail end of a great shift by the 4th line just as momentum was in our hands....The best player on the ice by far was Jaromir Jagr....After the game he kind ofhinted that he will be retiring...
frown.gif

Anyway, it was just very fustrating.....probably not even gunna go to game 4.....might just sell the tickets and start planning my summer vacation
laugh.gif
... I can see myself now on the beach in the Bahamas with my Ranger jersey onall upset...
smh.gif

Carbonneau is an idiot for starting Halak tonight.......Price let in 3 goals on 7 shots in game 4 and gets benched for the 3rd period, fine. But, startingHalak in a game you MUST win? This isn't the regular season......it was proven in the series against Boston that after Price had a bad game he came backnext game and got a shutout. Why not go with him tonight to give him the chance to bounce back? Now, Price will probably start game 5 AT HOME in an ELIMINATIONgame?
smh.gif
smh.gif
Even though I think MTL will take game 5 and lose game 6 back in Philly, I just see no reason why Carbonneau started Halak tonight. Many of theanchors on TV have also said they wouldn't have started Halak tonight.
tired.gif

No score through 1 period in Dallas right now.....Dallas out shooting SJ 7-4.

How did Jagr hint at retiring, I didn't watch any post game or anything so Im clueless on that. Hollwieg has been taking penalties like that all year andlast year. My dad is a pretty big Rangers fan and he's always yelling about him. He really does take stupid penalties, not even just in the post seasonwhere its even more important to stay out of the box but I remember a couple of games during the reg season that I caught where he took some horribly stupidpenalties and it wound up costing them in the long run. He's a bum. I bet he's gone after this year too.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

How did Jagr hint at retiring, I didn't watch any post game or anything so Im clueless on that.
In his interview he said that tomorrow night's game could probably be his last if they dont win so he wants to make it special.

But I'm not that upset because the GM of Avangard Omsk of the Russia Superleague will probably let us take Alexei Cherepanov if we let Jagr go to them.This guy Cherepanov broke all of Pavel Bure's and Evgeni Malkin's records in the Russian superleague and he is only 18 years old.

I hope the Pens and Flyers meet in the ECF, that would be awesome considering I live in State College...I mean the war zone.
It gets pretty ugly with the Steelers and Eagles during the football season... but this will be insane.

FLYERS!

^The thing with Cherepanov is he's so inconsistent and doesn't get motivated very easily, which is the typical knock on Russian players. Even thoughhe's broken records everyone is saying he's nowhere near the elite echelon of Malkin/Ovechkin. Another knock on this guy is he's small anddoesn't play a physical game (Ovechkin), and is viewed as a "soft" player. I think he got hyped up a little too much (which is why he fell so farin the draft) and he'll be an average player (3rd line, MAYBE 2nd line winger).

The main reason why he fell so far in the draft was because GM's were scared of the whole process of getting him out of Russia. He was ranked in the top 5for last years draft... watch this...the amount of talent this guy has is amazing...

^Yeah, but I don't think he was top 5 in the final rankings......If you google the 2007 draft you will see how many more better players there were thanCherepanov. I think Jagr would've been a great mentor for the kid and he could've taken him under his wing, but now that Jagr will probably be gone thewhole mentor thing won't happen. I think Jagr will probably return to Russia to play, as he's already been offered a contract with a team (I forgetwhich one, it was on sportscenter a little while ago).

Originally Posted by tab5039

I hope the Pens and Flyers meet in the ECF, that would be awesome considering I live in State College...I mean the war zone.
It gets pretty ugly with the Steelers and Eagles during the football season... but this will be insane.

FLYERS!

wow a Penn Stater...I graduated from PSU last year, what you up there for???
the Philly vs. Pittsburgh rivalry gets pretty serious up there, in 2004when the Eagles played the Steelers in regular season it got ugly, they had cops holding sides back b/c om one side of Beaver Ave it was Eagles fans yellingacross at Steelers fans and then people on the high rise apartments screaming from all angles

it evens gets as heated as Wawa vs. Sheetz
laugh.gif

Battle of PA will be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

We just may be going back to SJ for game 6.....2-1 Sharks with under 4mins left in the game.

come on sharks...i still believe!

edit-
pimp.gif

it's still possible....take care of game 5 at home, then try to steal one at dallas again, and then...maybe we can pull off that 3-0 comeback
pimp.gif

Ok ok ok.......even though I picked SJ to beat Dal and eventually win the Cup(
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
) I don't see them coming back even though that's what I want tohappen. I think they lose in 6 back in Dallas? Iono I can't even call it anymore
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by areyouin729

Originally Posted by tab5039

FLYERS!

wow a Penn Stater...I graduated from PSU last year, what you up there for???
the Philly vs. Pittsburgh rivalry gets pretty serious up there, in 2004 when the Eagles played the Steelers in regular season it got ugly, they had cops holding sides back b/c om one side of Beaver Ave it was Eagles fans yelling across at Steelers fans and then people on the high rise apartments screaming from all angles

it evens gets as heated as Wawa vs. Sheetz
laugh.gif
HAHHHAHAH...this dude said "Wawa vs. Sheetz". that's what's up. the Battle of PA is gonna be poppin off in the NHL...and once NFLseason starts we are gonna have Eagles vs. Steelers in the first month i believe. E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLESSSSSSSSSS!!

nice work sharks...keep up the fight. this series SHOULD be knotted up at two...but oh well. hopefully the sharks' luck is changing

the last team to pull off a series win coming from 3 game down was 33 years ago, and the last one before that was 33 years ago. there are three teams that aredown 3-0 (were now that the sharks won tonight). im hopin that the sharks can pull somethin off
ohwell.gif
. that would make them the 3rd team to come from 3 gamesdown. crazy but i hope it happens.

Man I don't get to feel the intensity of the Flyers Pens rivalry since only 1 of my close friends like hockey. I guess the brothers really don't likehockey. The only game that they probably ever watched was that 5ot game against the Pens in the playoffs. That was funny cause everybody was the phone for ahot minute.

^im going to print it out and frame it
this series should already be over

GO FLYERS BACK WITH A VENGEANCE!!!!

idk about the whole sharks comeback thing. dallas played really good in their loss and im proud of the way they are playing. next game we aren't giving upa shg and taking it in 5...

Sj won't come back, every year they are hyped up and lose in the first or second round. Don't get me wrong I like them as a team, not one of my favs,but they're good, but they don't have the killer instinct. Watching games you'd be amazed at Thornton and then the next night he looks lost. I justdon't see it happening. Its Detroit and Dallas and Pitt and Montreal (yes i think they will come back from 3-1) afterall, the Flyers have blown a 3-1 leadbefore (to my Devils.)

Back
Top Bottom