Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

ughhhhhhhhhhh............. i hate being a sports fan......with all the promise that the sharks and wizards showed down the stretch.......and the same doodoo aslast year for both......

smh.gif
sharks, maybe next year (for the 99999999th time)

man i put $15 on the stars to win the cup like a month before the playoffs. they were 15-1 odds . hopefully i get lucky

Well out of all the teams left I'd have to go with Dallas being one of the bigger surprises. I know they had a good record during the reg season, theyplayed well, but I didn't hear anyone mention either on here or anywhere else Dallas being a contender. I think it will be wind up being Pitt Vs Montrealand Dallas vs Detroit. With Dallas winning and playing Pitt with Dallas winning in 6.

[h1]Rangers Sean Avery Hospitalized After Lacerating Spleen[/h1]
Wednesday April 30, 2008

The Associated Press

New York Rangers forward Sean Avery has been hospitalized after lacerating his spleen during a playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

In a statement Wednesday, the team said the noted agitator was taken to St. Vincent's hospital after New York's 5-3 loss Tuesday night and was admitted following a CT scan.

Avery will be sidelined for the remainder of the season, the Rangers said, but is expected to make a full recovery.

The Daily News first reported on its website Wednesday morning that Avery was taken to the hospital in cardiac arrest. The newspaper said the 28-year-old was unconscious and not breathing when he was taken to the medical centre. He arrived about 3 a.m. Wednesday, a person at the hospital told the newspaper.

The Rangers trail the Penguins 3-0 in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal series with Game 4 scheduled for Thursday night at Madison Square Garden.

Avery had an assist on the Rangers' second goal in Tuesday night's game.

pimp.gif

^ You serious dude?

Sports is not important when it comes to a person's health, dude almost died at first.

Why are people continually picking against the Red Wings? Are you guys SERIOUS?

How is it so easy for everyone to pick the Penguins in the finals, yet pick AGAINST the Wings? I don't get it... Name me a difference in their teams?

You all call the Wings too old... Well couldn't the Pens be too Young? Plus, even that argument is moot these days, since all Detroit's scoring hascome from all the guys who aren't really even close to old (Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Rafalski, etc).

Wow.

Like I said before, Wings over Pens (unless the NHL REALLY wants to see an Original 6 Detroit-Montreal Matchup) in 4. Simply a replay of last year's NBAFinals wit the Spurs and Cavs... The cagey vets against the young upstarts...

Originally Posted by cquan05

Where the rest of the NYR fans? Addicted??

I'm right here....got back late from the game last night...

I don't know what you want me to say.

Drury is now hurt with a sprained ankle and Sean Avery is in the hospital in stable condition with a lacerated spleen.
tired.gif

It's over.....congratulations Penguins on advancing to the conference finals.

There, I said it...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

^ You serious dude?

Sports is not important when it comes to a person's health, dude almost died at first.

No no I didn't put that emotion in the sense that I was glad he got injured. I've met the guy a couple of times before and have nothing againsthim. as a person. He didn't almost die.......those were false reports that he was unconscious and wasn't breathing. He walked into the hospital underhis own power and checked himself in at 11. I hope people don't go spreading the word that he almost died. He'll be in the hospital until about Fridayand then released and will probably come back here to Toronto from what a few of his buddies have told me.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

^ You serious dude?

He almost died? The reports said he walked into the hospital on his own.

Well, now theres a different report, but regardless, its still a serious injury.

Hope he gets well, dude's heart is as tough as nails.

Originally Posted by cquan05

[h1]Rangers Sean Avery Hospitalized After Lacerating Spleen[/h1]
Wednesday April 30, 2008

The Associated Press

New York Rangers forward Sean Avery has been hospitalized after lacerating his spleen during a playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

In a statement Wednesday, the team said the noted agitator was taken to St. Vincent's hospital after New York's 5-3 loss Tuesday night and was admitted following a CT scan.

Avery will be sidelined for the remainder of the season, the Rangers said, but is expected to make a full recovery.

The Daily News first reported on its website Wednesday morning that Avery was taken to the hospital in cardiac arrest. The newspaper said the 28-year-old was unconscious and not breathing when he was taken to the medical centre. He arrived about 3 a.m. Wednesday, a person at the hospital told the newspaper.

The Rangers trail the Penguins 3-0 in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal series with Game 4 scheduled for Thursday night at Madison Square Garden.

Avery had an assist on the Rangers' second goal in Tuesday night's game.
pimp.gif

Cmon man that aint right......how si that good that someone got seriously injured?

smh.gif

^^^If you read the past 2-3 posts you will see the emotion wasn't mean in the sense that I was happy he got injured.

EDIT: Halak is starting tonight for the Canadiens......just stopped Carter on a shorthanded breakaway.....Richards penalty on Higgins shouldn't have beencalled, all he did was push Higgins and he went down.
smh.gif

Addicted.....just wanted to see your thoughts on the game since I know you're a die hard Rangers fan that's all! I think in this playoffs threadwe've disagreed on a couple things but in the Reg. Season thread we agreed on everything
laugh.gif

It's a wrap for Montreal........Philly in 6. Imagine the battle of Pennsylvania to determine the Eastern Conference Champion
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom