Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

Turco just gambled and lost.......2-1 Sharks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dr 715

R.I.P. Sharks season

Bye to Ron Wilson
ohwell.gif

It's been a long time coming, but Wilson is gone.

Damn man, I thought this was the year

damn I thought the Sharks had this one, i think when Stu Barnes saved that sure fire goal it turned this game around

on a side note: everytime I see Mike Modano I think of the Mighty Ducks

indifferent.gif

is it me or did it feel like almost every shark kept on slipping to the ground in the 3rd.

huge back to back road games. hopefully we can pull it off and take back home ice (if thats even a good thing at all), at least one home win, jeeez.

Richards and Hagman's goals should have never gone in. I'll give Nabby a bit of slack on Richards' goal since it was a nice shot, but he was like 4feet above the hash marks and Nabokov was well above the blue paint
smh.gif

I got a feeling this series is over.......as much as I hate to say it.
ohwell.gif

effing sharks...

ron wilson is not getting anything out of that team. that roster should have cup winners last year. this year with the additions they made it should have beenno question.

smh.gif

laugh.gif
rangers fans stay crying about the officials... see how far that gets you, guys. I hope your team isn't as big a group of whiners as you are as fans,or you can forget about them having a shot in this series.

The whistle blew before the puck went in.. and Avery deserved to get smacked in the nuts, I WISH he would've dropped his gloves... he was about to getdestroyed.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Originally Posted by 13ROWNIE

sorry was studying for finals wasnt able to chime in during the flyers game

but this is ridiculous

Kostopoulos sucker punches timmonen and not a word is said about it, but you know if that was any flyer everyone would be in an uproar
i think the flyers are doing a good job not complaining about all the calls going against them, because everyone knows the habs are going to get the majority of the calls

also after the flyers won in game 7 against the caps during a post game interview jeff carter got hit in the face by a bottle that one of the caps fans threw...yet no one said anything about that again...again if that was in philadelphia, reporters would have a field day

bullcrap....
that's because you have scumbags like steve downey. of course reporters are going to talk about the stuff the flyers do when you have dirtbags on your team. thats it.

thats the point i was getting at..it's because of the philadelphia attached to the name..tell me that if it weren't the nashville flyers orsomething it wont be totally different? just because some knuckleheads threw snowballs at santa clause every philadelphia team has to suffer?

and thumbs up to john stevens for calling Kostopoulos out in the post game

flyers have dirtbags? really? how about chris simon or sean avery?
give me a break
if you dont realize that the nhl wants the habs to advance(specially with the high stick goal and phantom penalty) just like they wanted "alexander thegreat" to advance..you need to open your eyes

they flyers should be up 2-0

and i know by being a flyers fan my opinions sound biased....which they probably are

i'm not saying there's a conspiracy...im just saying...

First of all, I am definetly not just a reporter or TV based fan, I to played from the time i was like 6 all the way through high school. So don't tell mewhat type of hockey knowledge I have. I was just saying that the flyers have a stigma attached to themselves for being a dirty team. You're right Idon't like the Flyers but not for the that particular reason, I just dont like them. My response about the goal that was waived off in the Pens Rangersgame was full of sarcasm in case you couldn't tell. Obviously the NHL would like to see Crosby go further just like they'd like to see the Canadiensget there to boost business. I'm by no means stupid when it comes to hockey. I understand the way things work. NHL with Crosby and Habs in the Finals >NHL with Rangers and Flyers in Finals. Thats the way it seams. My fanhood doesn't need questioning pal.

rangers fans stay crying about the officials... see how far that gets you, guys. I hope your team isn't as big a group of whiners as you are as fans, or you can forget about them having a shot in this series.

The whistle blew before the puck went in.. and Avery deserved to get smacked in the nuts, I WISH he would've dropped his gloves... he was about to get destroyed.

So that interference penalty which led to a power play goal with 1 minute left in the 3rd period for the Penguins (Game 1), and the goal taken away which wouldhave been a 1-1 game in the 3rd period (Game 2), were not questionable calls then?

Please......if that happened to ANY fans team they would be upset as well.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

rangers fans stay crying about the officials... see how far that gets you, guys. I hope your team isn't as big a group of whiners as you are as fans, or you can forget about them having a shot in this series.

The whistle blew before the puck went in.. and Avery deserved to get smacked in the nuts, I WISH he would've dropped his gloves... he was about to get destroyed.

So that interference penalty which led to a power play goal with 1 minute left in the 3rd period for the Penguins (Game 1), and the goal taken away which would have been a 1-1 game in the 3rd period (Game 2), were not questionable calls then?

Please......if that happened to ANY fans team they would be upset as well.

They were close... but really... you guys were up 3-0 in game one, there's no excuse for giving that up.

And like this dude above me just said, you were 0-6 on PP opp's... you wanna blame somebody, start with your own squad. If a couple of"questionable" calls are what's holding your squad back, maybe you guys just aren't cut out for it this year.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

First of all, I am definetly not just a reporter or TV based fan, I to played from the time i was like 6 all the way through high school. So don't tell me what type of hockey knowledge I have. I was just saying that the flyers have a stigma attached to themselves for being a dirty team. You're right I don't like the Flyers but not for the that particular reason, I just dont like them. My response about the goal that was waived off in the Pens Rangers game was full of sarcasm in case you couldn't tell. Obviously the NHL would like to see Crosby go further just like they'd like to see the Canadiens get there to boost business. I'm by no means stupid when it comes to hockey. I understand the way things work. NHL with Crosby and Habs in the Finals > NHL with Rangers and Flyers in Finals. Thats the way it seams. My fanhood doesn't need questioning pal.

it's easy to make stuff up on a message board...i'll go with that answer

They were close... but really... you guys were up 3-0 in game one, there's no excuse for giving that up.

And like this dude above me just said, you were 0-6 on PP opp's... you wanna blame somebody, start with your own squad. If a couple of "questionable" calls are what's holding your squad back, maybe you guys just aren't cut out for it this year.

Well, I already clearly stated that there was no excuse for losing the games (blamed the Rangers for their own faults in the last oage. But its tough toovercome a tough, grinding game when the close calls go against you.

Pens took care of business at home, series is far from over b/c the Rangers can easily take the next 2.

Or they could easily lose them both and be swept out. If that happens, are you going to blame it on the refs?

Just be satisfied when the team that beats yours goes to the Finals, cuz unless the NHL REALLY wants an Original 6 matchup, the golden boy is going to the Cupfinals... Similar to LeBron last year... Young upstart against the old guard: Pens vs. Wings.

Same result will happen, though... Wings in 4. But Crosby will be back... for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom