Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

^I think the Caps need to do everything they can to re-sign Huet. Seeing what happened in DC I would almost expect Huet to want to be apart of that youngexperience over there and choose to stay with the Caps instead of signing with another team.

I have a feeling Emery is going to LA which is the WORST thing he can do (off-ice wise, not on-ice). We all know he's into the glitz and glamour so goingto LA isn't going to help him one bit but we'll see where he ends up since Murray said Emery will be bought out or traded.

Wings are now up 4-3 in the dying minutes of the 2nd period........they had a 4-1 lead remember. Theodore got pulled and Budaj has come in and done a real goodjob. I'm sticking to my original statement that the Av's will come out of this series as the winners. I just don't see Detroit being the"powerhouse" team that everyone thinks/says they are. Yes, they finished first in the entire league this year but I just don't see what's sospecial about them really. Av's are a younger and DEEPER team than Detroit all day everyday. Colorado is also playing without Forsberg so that puts a bigdent into their powerplay. Colorado has twice as many penalties as Detroit does right now and all of the Av's goals have come at even strength.

WOW @ Philly being up 3-2 early in the 3rd right now......

eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
@ Kovalev's snipe to tie the game and send it into OT. I tell you, these Canadiens are forreal and never give up.

bull crap
he hit him with a shoulder
damn it i hate ot when they have the momentum

that 2 questionable calls against us

1st the nhl tried everything they could to get ovechkin into the next round now they want the habs....

horrible call led to the Flyers losing game 1...im pissed right now

his knee didnt even touch him, it was all shoulder

tell me about it the ref who called had no view on the play...notice the ref trailing with the view didnt call anything....

Av's are a younger and DEEPER team than Detroit all day everyday
Did you seriously just say this? Colorado is younger, on average by only 1 year (26.7-28.2). Do you really think that has THAT much of an effect?

Colorado has only ONE player over 70 points this season, Detroit has 3, including the best defensman in the league. The highest plus/minus on the Avs is 22 (bystatsny). Detroit has SEVEN guys over 20.

C'mon now... The hate grows on you guys like a plague.

^I don't hate Detroit..........I just think the Av's are going to win the series. You have your own picks and I have mine. If Theodore wasn'tabsolute crap the result of tonight's game would have been MUCH different. I'm still taking the Av's but who knows I may be wrong, and itwouldn't be the first time.

That call on Richards was a bit questionable because Kovalev at the last second went to the left of Richards and his STICK caught him. I only saw the replayonce so I'm not going to comment on it that much, but from what I saw his stick caught Kovalev's legs causing him to go down. Good to see Montrealbattle back and I expect them to take the series in 5 or 6 max.

Regardless, the call didn't lose the game for the Flyers, I hate when people say that. Unless they called a penalty shot and someone scored, your team hadevery opportunity to kill a penalty. I know I know it was a man advantage and a very questionable call, but get over it. It's one game.

Regardless, the call didn't lose the game for the Flyers, I hate when people say that. Unless they called a penalty shot and someone scored, your team hadevery opportunity to kill a penalty. I know I know it was a man advantage and a very questionable call, but get over it. It's one game.

gonna be a real tough series for the rangers, but i really do think they can do it.

definitely gotta catch tongiht's rangers/penguins game, but i need a dvr that records like four programs at once with tonight's sports lineup.

cablevision FTL!

This is a perfect example of why I love watching any teams other than my Ducks. If they had been down 3-0 it would have been over. Good job by the Pens hangingin there and pulling it out. It's gonna be a great series and will probably decide the East team in the Cup Final.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

TIED UP. LET'S GO PENS!!!!!!!!!

I love the NHL
I would too if i was Pens fan...The NHL does anything to make the Penguins win so they can showcase their little kid superstar...
smh.gif
...especially on NBC

The Pens will win game 2 because its on NBC and you know the NHL won't let them lose in fornt of a national audience.

I can prove this because the Pens are 8-0 on NBC !!!!since NBC started broadcasting hockey games

That cannot be a coincidence.

I can prove this

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

I love the NHL
I would too if i was Pens fan...The NHL does anything to make the Penguins win so they can showcase their little kid superstar...
smh.gif
...especially on NBC

The Pens will win game 2 because its on NBC and you know the NHL won't let them lose in fornt of a national audience.

I can prove this because the Pens are 8-0 on NBC !!!!since NBC started broadcasting hockey games

That cannot be a coincidence....I dont care what you tell me

I love the NHL
smh.gif
...especially on NBC

Damn 8-0?! lol...What happened exactly? I know there was a bad call or something but i don't get vs. so i can't watch it..

Originally Posted by jrp44

I love the NHL
smh.gif
...especially on NBC

Damn 8-0?! lol...What happened exactly? I know there was a bad call or something but i don't get vs. so i can't watch it..
the score wasnt 8-0 lol....thats the Penguins record on NBC

Back
Top Bottom