OFFICIAL NFL THREAD 2024-25: Week IiI Vol: “That’s my Michelle”

It was fangio.. 4 man line got zero pressure all night.. and the few times he sent 5 or 6, it worked

Even on the final drive, the only stop was as a result of sending an extra guy

But now being on the 4th year of fangio or one of his guys, they ask the DB to keep stuff in front of them.. it’s hard for me to kill a guy when I look at what the guys are asked to do and it seems absurd

Definitely should’ve sent more pressure but in that first pass to Mooney mitchell was covering short when he was supposed to be higher up to undercut that own teammate after the play was pointing that he should’ve been underneath that route. Second one he bit the wrong way and let Mooney get to the sideline

Definitely should’ve sent more pressure but in that first pass to Mooney mitchell was covering short when he was supposed to be higher up to undercut that own teammate after the play was pointing that he should’ve been underneath that route. Second one he bit the wrong way and let Mooney get to the sideline

I’m not saying he didn’t make mistakes.. but I won’t kill/blame a guy in the fangio scheme because it’s nonsensical to me

You already play heavy zone in your coverages.. and then you get in the situations and you tell the guys to essentially keep everything in front of you and it only works if the 3 or 4 man line actually get pressure.. even without timeouts 1:41 or whatever is a lot of time especially starting right at the 30 (hence the stupidity on the offense side with 2 timeouts and 34 seconds)

But even outside of those principles the defense bothers me especially when you have legit talent because the philosophy is ask them to do it repeatedly and short and errors will be made.. without factoring in the amount of passing these guys are doing from high school and enough offenses are based on short passes and getting guys in space and stretching you laterally

But if you have a DB that can legit run with guys I don’t see the benefit in asking him/them to be passive and just sit

I’m not saying he didn’t make mistakes.. but I won’t kill/blame a guy in the fangio scheme because it’s nonsensical to me

You already play heavy zone in your coverages.. and then you get in the situations and you tell the guys to essentially keep everything in front of you and it only works if the 3 or 4 man line actually get pressure.. even without timeouts 1:41 or whatever is a lot of time especially starting right at the 30 (hence the stupidity on the offense side with 2 timeouts and 34 seconds)

But even outside of those principles the defense bothers me especially when you have legit talent because the philosophy is ask them to do it repeatedly and short and errors will be made.. without factoring in the amount of passing these guys are doing from high school and enough offenses are based on short passes and getting guys in space and stretching you laterally

But if you have a DB that can legit run with guys I don’t see the benefit in asking him/them to be passive and just sit
I get what you’re saying. The time key factor too like you brought up that drive changes if we had 40 seconds less to drive with. The pass attempt to Barkley was classic good play call but bad game management. Added more risk to the situation than needed.

I get what you’re saying. The time key factor too like you brought up that drive changes if we had 40 seconds less to drive with. The pass attempt to Barkley was classic good play call but bad game management. Added more risk to the situation than needed.

I don’t necessarily mind that playcall in theory

Just not in this game.. just like a number of the short yardage situation calls when they got cute and decided to either throw passes at all or target guys like covey

But like I said the eagles were very dumb, from a number of perspectives.. the run game was working between saquon and/or hurts.. I’m sure if they run it twice they could get those 3 yards

But I don’t get why run blitzes wasn’t the primary game plan given the attention that should have been paid to bijan and the lack of mobility of Kirk.. essentially attack the runner and play Kirk on the way to bijan

1726588686903.png

how did the other 30 GM's let Howie Roseman get this demon :lol: :smh:

I don’t necessarily mind that playcall in theory

Just not in this game.. just like a number of the short yardage situation calls when they got cute and decided to either throw passes at all or target guys like covey

But like I said the eagles were very dumb, from a number of perspectives.. the run game was working between saquon and/or hurts.. I’m sure if they run it twice they could get those 3 yards

But I don’t get why run blitzes wasn’t the primary game plan given the attention that should have been paid to bijan and the lack of mobility of Kirk.. essentially attack the runner and play Kirk on the way to bijan
I somewhat agree the play call was good it was just the decision to pass that wasnt the best thing in that moment cause it opened the door to more fail states.
All you need is a first down to win
If it’s a run the outcomes could be
first down instant win.
Stopped short but burn 40 seconds so still in your favor but gotta make a decision.
Fumble instant fail state.

If it’s a pass the outcomes could be
First down instant win
Ball caught stopped short of first down burn 40 seconds gotta make a decision. Dicey.
Could get sacked and lose yardage takes away option to go for it pretty much a fail state.
Pass incomplete clock stops pretty close to a fail state unless you go for it but still put you in a worse spot then you needed to be in.
Pass couple get intercepted instant fail state

Coaches fr sometimes get too cute in those situations it could be the greatest pass call of all time but you still opened yourself up to more fail states when all you need is 3 yards to end the game. Add in the context of this game like you said considering how well yall was running the ball that was the best option to lean into that. Funny that moment reminded me of how we lost the Super Bowl passing when there was no strong reason outside of “oh they won’t see this coming”

I somewhat agree the play call was good it was just the decision to pass that wasnt the best thing in that moment cause it opened the door to more fail states.
All you need is a first down to win
If it’s a run the outcomes could be
first down instant win.
Stopped short but burn 40 seconds so still in your favor but gotta make a decision.
Fumble instant fail state.

If it’s a pass the outcomes could be
First down instant win
Ball caught stopped short of first down burn 40 seconds gotta make a decision. Dicey.
Could get sacked and lose yardage takes away option to go for it pretty much a fail state.
Pass incomplete clock stops pretty close to a fail state unless you go for it but still put you in a worse spot then you needed to be in.
Pass couple get intercepted instant fail state

Coaches fr sometimes get too cute in those situations it could be the greatest pass call of all time but you still opened yourself up to more fail states when all you need is 3 yards to end the game. Add in the context of this game like you said considering how well yall was running the ball that was the best option to lean into that. Funny that moment reminded me of how we lost the Super Bowl passing when there was no strong reason outside of “oh they won’t see this coming”

To be honest, I thought they should have gone for it on 4th.. if you going be aggressive be aggressive

But it was the earlier drives when they got cute to me.. like that one drive when saquon was getting decent sized runs to get us inside the 20 and then doesn’t see it again.. or the constant bubble screens to covey in short yardage, when again the up the middle runs worked with saquon and hurts and even gainwell

But a lot of these dudes overthink this.. which is what I miss most about Shane, if a team has crap LBs then go heavy to the TEs and RBs in the passing game or force them into compromising situations

But that’s why I focus on fangio’s scheme, this has happened AND almost happened many times in the last 4 years.. I think we’ve lost 4 or 5 games in similar circumstances and had another couple end with the other team in the redzone.. and it wouldn’t annoy me as much if dudes at least went down fighting instead of just standing around

Dude is wayyyyy to small and he has a mediocre arm. Bottom line. Kyler and Russell Wilson both have cannons and are far more athletic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom