Official NFL Free Agency + Trades vol. It's Time.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]^^ I like webb.... but who knows. And who knows who they are targeting in the draft, very well could be blaine, cam, ryan, or jake.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]And That is just an official list. There is for sure at least 2 or 3 more teams in the mix that are going to keep things on wraps.[/color]

I like Webb too, but not right now. I'd rather have a much better bet in Kolb than hope Webb pans out.

Their window is now. Unless Webb is 100% ready and capable of taking this to the Super Bowl, then it's not worth the risk. I highly doubt that's likely.

A rookie QB coming in to potentially start for this team next season isn't the way to go either.

I like Webb too, but not right now. I'd rather have a much better bet in Kolb than hope Webb pans out.

Their window is now. Unless Webb is 100% ready and capable of taking this to the Super Bowl, then it's not worth the risk. I highly doubt that's likely.

A rookie QB coming in to potentially start for this team next season isn't the way to go either.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Valid point. But if that's your stance Kolb isn't a proven starter nor can he stay healthy. He isn't the answer if it's the Now that you want. And if you truly believe the Vikings time is now, which i don't, then they Need to bring in a Proven Veteren.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]With McNabb (who fits that offense better and now would be cheaper), Marc Bulger, and a Matt Hasslebeck who doesn't seem to be happy with any of the Seahawks offers. These guys will give you 1-3 years and now gives you both of what you want. They can come in and win now While letting Webb learn and grown. that's their best outlook.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Valid point. But if that's your stance Kolb isn't a proven starter nor can he stay healthy. He isn't the answer if it's the Now that you want. And if you truly believe the Vikings time is now, which i don't, then they Need to bring in a Proven Veteren.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]With McNabb (who fits that offense better and now would be cheaper), Marc Bulger, and a Matt Hasslebeck who doesn't seem to be happy with any of the Seahawks offers. These guys will give you 1-3 years and now gives you both of what you want. They can come in and win now While letting Webb learn and grown. that's their best outlook.[/color]

Vikings time isn't now? They're one season removed from being an INT from the SB and had the same exact team last year. They've got all the weapons they need. Except a QB.

Kolb is a damn good QB. He's proven to be good. And one season of an injury doesn't make the guy injury prone. He's a perfect fit for the Vikes.

If you're going the injury route then McNabb, Bulger, or Hasslebeck are way worse than Kolb. Those guys are all well past their primes and would perform worse than Favre could.   

Edit: Hassleback wants to be a Seahawk. The decision is up to Seattle and whether they can pull something off to get a younger/better QB before they re-committ to Matt.

Vikings time isn't now? They're one season removed from being an INT from the SB and had the same exact team last year. They've got all the weapons they need. Except a QB.

Kolb is a damn good QB. He's proven to be good. And one season of an injury doesn't make the guy injury prone. He's a perfect fit for the Vikes.

If you're going the injury route then McNabb, Bulger, or Hasslebeck are way worse than Kolb. Those guys are all well past their primes and would perform worse than Favre could.   

Edit: Hassleback wants to be a Seahawk. The decision is up to Seattle and whether they can pull something off to get a younger/better QB before they re-committ to Matt.

Yes they are a year removed... when they had Favre playing out of his mind. The defense is suspect... Need help on the dline (DT) and need a Lot of help on the secondary. Percy can't stay on the field and be a true impact player at all and who knows if Sidney will be back. other than those two WR, if they are there and healthy, there isn't much depth.

with kolb.... he is not proven, by any means. 7 games as a starter doesn't prove you. and in those games, 7 tds and 7 ints. In the 5 games in 09, he went 4 and 3. Do i think he will be good, yes. once he can get settled in the right system. San Francisco, Seattle would be my first two thoughts.
Dolphins have Henne.... trust i know when people like to turn the ball over. that's Kolb right now.

Mcnabb wasn't hurt this year despite having no recievers, no oline, and no running game. They just don't like him for whatever reason. and as for proven, 4 NFC championships + Superbowl appearance. I didn't like the ******** + Mcnabb pairing from jump. and look what happened.

bulger has been healthy, but when you are on the Rams the years they had no Oline, no wide recievers, no defense and all you have is the guy behind you... well i would have been shocked if he and Jackson could have stayed healthy. he'll be hot when FA starts. He still has a hell of an arm, put some weapons around him, it'll be fine.

hasslebeck well i wouldn't take him. He is a leader, vet, and extensive playoff experience and a Superbowl. It's just an argument.
edit: yes he wants to be there, but not for the money they keep offering him. He'll test the market and if it's good enough he'll leave. all depends on Pete and the Hawks brass.

If you bring in Kolb you give up a first and third. or some combination of that. With Webb, as promising as he is, and an accessible veterans who will target the Vikings because of AP, the Oline, and a chance to be a starter... it would be better to use those picks for areas of need. Also with bringing in Kolb, you take Webb completely out of the picture.

Yes they are a year removed... when they had Favre playing out of his mind. The defense is suspect... Need help on the dline (DT) and need a Lot of help on the secondary. Percy can't stay on the field and be a true impact player at all and who knows if Sidney will be back. other than those two WR, if they are there and healthy, there isn't much depth.

with kolb.... he is not proven, by any means. 7 games as a starter doesn't prove you. and in those games, 7 tds and 7 ints. In the 5 games in 09, he went 4 and 3. Do i think he will be good, yes. once he can get settled in the right system. San Francisco, Seattle would be my first two thoughts.
Dolphins have Henne.... trust i know when people like to turn the ball over. that's Kolb right now.

Mcnabb wasn't hurt this year despite having no recievers, no oline, and no running game. They just don't like him for whatever reason. and as for proven, 4 NFC championships + Superbowl appearance. I didn't like the ******** + Mcnabb pairing from jump. and look what happened.

bulger has been healthy, but when you are on the Rams the years they had no Oline, no wide recievers, no defense and all you have is the guy behind you... well i would have been shocked if he and Jackson could have stayed healthy. he'll be hot when FA starts. He still has a hell of an arm, put some weapons around him, it'll be fine.

hasslebeck well i wouldn't take him. He is a leader, vet, and extensive playoff experience and a Superbowl. It's just an argument.
edit: yes he wants to be there, but not for the money they keep offering him. He'll test the market and if it's good enough he'll leave. all depends on Pete and the Hawks brass.

If you bring in Kolb you give up a first and third. or some combination of that. With Webb, as promising as he is, and an accessible veterans who will target the Vikings because of AP, the Oline, and a chance to be a starter... it would be better to use those picks for areas of need. Also with bringing in Kolb, you take Webb completely out of the picture.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Tiki Barber has sent in his re instatement papers. is broke and salty his broadcasting career didnt pan out.

He will return to the NFL

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Tiki Barber has sent in his re instatement papers. is broke and salty his broadcasting career didnt pan out.

He will return to the NFL

So today is the final day of talks...

the Players Union has gone on record saying the will NOT extend things like they did last weekend.
I do not see anything getting settled and done today...

which means it is gonna be a lockout. and after the Draft it's gonna get mad ugly with the courts.
hopefully something can be settled but they are so far off still.

So today is the final day of talks...

the Players Union has gone on record saying the will NOT extend things like they did last weekend.
I do not see anything getting settled and done today...

which means it is gonna be a lockout. and after the Draft it's gonna get mad ugly with the courts.
hopefully something can be settled but they are so far off still.

Players Union will de-certify, file a lawsuit against the NFL and the owners, and Doty will rule in their favor. The players have no incentive to make more concessions because they know they will win in court. The league and owners know this too. Expect them to make another proposal close to 5pm as a last ditch effort.

Hopefully FA starts within the next month while the courts work out a new CBA.

Players Union will de-certify, file a lawsuit against the NFL and the owners, and Doty will rule in their favor. The players have no incentive to make more concessions because they know they will win in court. The league and owners know this too. Expect them to make another proposal close to 5pm as a last ditch effort.

Hopefully FA starts within the next month while the courts work out a new CBA.

Until the CBA is in writing and signed..... i highly doubt there will be FA....

wish it would come tho. FA + the Draft are like Christmas part 2a + 2b for me...

Until the CBA is in writing and signed..... i highly doubt there will be FA....

wish it would come tho. FA + the Draft are like Christmas part 2a + 2b for me...

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm going to have to disagree with you there champ.  It's definitely not the Vikings time and may not be the Vikings time for quite awhile.  With a new head coach on board, a shoddy/suspect defense at best, not even being the 1st or 2nd best team in their divison, and no working stadium intact for the team to play in........all roads currently lead to a dead end for the Vikings.  It's going to have to be another time for the Vikings.   

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm going to have to disagree with you there champ.  It's definitely not the Vikings time and may not be the Vikings time for quite awhile.  With a new head coach on board, a shoddy/suspect defense at best, not even being the 1st or 2nd best team in their divison, and no working stadium intact for the team to play in........all roads currently lead to a dead end for the Vikings.  It's going to have to be another time for the Vikings.   

If the union decertifies as a poster said the union will file a lawsuit against the NFL, and the judge will rule in their favor. And then the owners will appeal the rulings. And rinse and repeat.

Weeks will turn into months and millions of revenue not generated.

If this goes down then there might not be football till Halloween.

If the union decertifies as a poster said the union will file a lawsuit against the NFL, and the judge will rule in their favor. And then the owners will appeal the rulings. And rinse and repeat.

Originally Posted by Statis22

The NFL knows they won't win though. Which is why this will come to an end sooner than everyone thinks. Doty has been ruling in favor of the players for almost two decades now. The TV ruling proved that he's still in favor of the players.

Originally Posted by Statis22

The NFL knows they won't win though. Which is why this will come to an end sooner than everyone thinks. Doty has been ruling in favor of the players for almost two decades now. The TV ruling proved that he's still in favor of the players.

Back
Top Bottom