Official NFL Free Agency + Trades vol. It's Time.

There isn't any news on anything other than what i've said on here before. It'll be the same teams and all.

Until there's a new CBA.... pretty much man there isn't gonna be any real news on FA. sad days.
hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

So is William C. Rhoden "mad ignorant" because he wrote a critically acclaimed book on the subject (40 Million Dollar Slaves)?

So is William C. Rhoden "mad ignorant" because he wrote a critically acclaimed book on the subject (40 Million Dollar Slaves)?

Yes. Beyond measure.

To compare Owners in the NFL (or any other League, which to break down even further is a Game grown men get to Play) to Owners of Slaves is not the same. Those owners beat, killed, raped, belittled, and anything else you could imagine... Owners pay Athletes get to play a game. They can provide food, housing, cars, clothes with one or two paychecks. they are able to live. If they play it well enough they are rewarded handsomely. There were no rewards for working in the field well enough, just more work.  Him comparing Black Athletes, players, to Men in the cotton fields is asinine. Him comparing the two, saying money and lifestyle doesn't, what so ever, change the fact you are a slave. Now if he is using the Root of the word, the bare meaning, and i do mean bare (which is: 1. One bound in servitude as the property of a person or household. 2. One who is abjectly subservient to a specified person or influence. 3. One who works extremely hard. 4. A machine or component controlled by another machine or component. intr.v. slaved, slav·ing, slaves 1. To work very hard or doggedly; toil. 2. To trade in or transport slaves.) then you do have a comparison. That isn't what he was going for, by any means. he was going for the Men and Women who broke their backs for scraps, who were beating to death for simply living and breathing. Because they had a different color of skin. To say someone who At mininum makes $300,000 on a practice squad.... You Practice to play a game... Is beyond ignorant. Why, Because you have a Choice! You have a Voice! THEY DIDN'T. They do not have to play a game for the rest of their lives. They can pursue any goal or way of living as they please. Anyone can. You also have a comparison when saying Job ( 1. A regular activity performed in exchange for payment, especially as one's trade, occupation, or profession.) but to say this has no depth in the public eye or shock value to it.

Now in anyway, shape, or form am I saying this man is an idiot, or HE is ignorant. No.... What he said and his comparisons on this one topic is.

And to further the point, what about Caucasian athletes? are they the same slaves? what about Hispanic? Asian?... the race is Athlete... not black, red, white, green, blue people. I hate that with everything in me.

to compare anything now to Slavery, to Hitler, The Holocaust...... etc is ignorant. Because it isn't compareable. I'm sure if you were ask any of the men that went to war (WW2) they can tell you so. Or any jewish man, woman, or child that survived the holocaust the same. Or any Man or Woman that was Hit with a whip, were forced to watch their brothers and sisters that getting paid to throw, catch, or run a football, to get paid, to happen to have a boss who is white..... Is not comparable.

If you want to talk about how corrupt the system is, which is BEYOND any league in Sports, by all means. I'm right there. It is and will always be flawed by the 1%.

This isn't the thread for this, this is a thread specifically for Free Agency, Trades, and CBA. Gladly will discuss this further if you want, just make a thread. But no more in here please. I'd like this to continue when the Free Agency period does begin.

Yes. Beyond measure.

To compare Owners in the NFL (or any other League, which to break down even further is a Game grown men get to Play) to Owners of Slaves is not the same. Those owners beat, killed, raped, belittled, and anything else you could imagine... Owners pay Athletes get to play a game. They can provide food, housing, cars, clothes with one or two paychecks. they are able to live. If they play it well enough they are rewarded handsomely. There were no rewards for working in the field well enough, just more work.  Him comparing Black Athletes, players, to Men in the cotton fields is asinine. Him comparing the two, saying money and lifestyle doesn't, what so ever, change the fact you are a slave. Now if he is using the Root of the word, the bare meaning, and i do mean bare (which is: 1. One bound in servitude as the property of a person or household. 2. One who is abjectly subservient to a specified person or influence. 3. One who works extremely hard. 4. A machine or component controlled by another machine or component. intr.v. slaved, slav·ing, slaves 1. To work very hard or doggedly; toil. 2. To trade in or transport slaves.) then you do have a comparison. That isn't what he was going for, by any means. he was going for the Men and Women who broke their backs for scraps, who were beating to death for simply living and breathing. Because they had a different color of skin. To say someone who At mininum makes $300,000 on a practice squad.... You Practice to play a game... Is beyond ignorant. Why, Because you have a Choice! You have a Voice! THEY DIDN'T. They do not have to play a game for the rest of their lives. They can pursue any goal or way of living as they please. Anyone can. You also have a comparison when saying Job ( 1. A regular activity performed in exchange for payment, especially as one's trade, occupation, or profession.) but to say this has no depth in the public eye or shock value to it.

Now in anyway, shape, or form am I saying this man is an idiot, or HE is ignorant. No.... What he said and his comparisons on this one topic is.

And to further the point, what about Caucasian athletes? are they the same slaves? what about Hispanic? Asian?... the race is Athlete... not black, red, white, green, blue people. I hate that with everything in me.

to compare anything now to Slavery, to Hitler, The Holocaust...... etc is ignorant. Because it isn't compareable. I'm sure if you were ask any of the men that went to war (WW2) they can tell you so. Or any jewish man, woman, or child that survived the holocaust the same. Or any Man or Woman that was Hit with a whip, were forced to watch their brothers and sisters that getting paid to throw, catch, or run a football, to get paid, to happen to have a boss who is white..... Is not comparable.

If you want to talk about how corrupt the system is, which is BEYOND any league in Sports, by all means. I'm right there. It is and will always be flawed by the 1%.

This isn't the thread for this, this is a thread specifically for Free Agency, Trades, and CBA. Gladly will discuss this further if you want, just make a thread. But no more in here please. I'd like this to continue when the Free Agency period does begin.

Seahawks front runners for Kolb? Don Banks of SI thinks so...

NEW ORLEANS -- Dispatches from the coaches Tuesday media breakfast at the NFL's annual meeting, during which, lo and behold, some actual football talk transpired....

• From my vantage point I couldn't quite see whether Pete Carroll wore a cat-ate-the-canary look on his face when he heard the question. But when a Philadelphia-based reporter inquired whether his Seahawks have had conversations with the Eagles regarding a trade for quarterback Kevin Kolb, you could almost hear Carroll's brain whirling as he very carefully chose his words.

"There's no conversations going on,'' said Carroll, perhaps notably dropping into present tense. "Not what you want. I talk to [Eagles head coach] Andy [Reid] a lot. I like Andy a lot.''

And my sense is Carroll likes Kolb a lot, too. According to SI's Peter King, the Eagles reportedly have already been offered a first-round pick by one interested team, and Seattle is certainly among the leading suspects. The Seahawks tried trading for an unproven quarterback of the future last offseason with the Charlie Whitehurst deal, and given the move wasn't exactly a smashing success, it stands to reason they have Kolb in their sights. Especially if they don't wind up having to surrender 2011 draft picks for him, but instead get to pay the bill for the move in 2012, should the lockout linger past draft day.

"It's good that people think that,'' Carroll said, of the rumors linking No. 25 Seattle to Kolb. "Because every opportunity that's available, we investigate. We want to [take] every opportunity, and that's one that's been out there. They've said he's a guy they would possibly move. So those kind of discussions, it doesn't matter where it's coming from, we're trying to be privy to all of it. We just want to know what's going on.''

Not exactly a flat denial of interest, wouldn't you say? Especially when Carroll followed that up by extolling the attractiveness of trading for a young veteran whose limited playing experience came in Philadelphia.

"Anybody who comes through Andy's program has been through a great system, with great coaching and leadership and direction and all of that,'' Carroll said. "And that adds to the value of the player, rather than [getting] a guy who's coming fresh out of college.''

Seattle is likely to have competition for Kolb, of course. Minnesota, Arizona, San Francisco and Tennessee all make some sense. But for now, I'm leaving my buck on the Seahawks and Carroll being the most aggressive pursuer. Making the bold move has certainly been Carroll's track record during his brief Seattle tenure.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/03/22/owners-meetings/index.html

Seahawks front runners for Kolb? Don Banks of SI thinks so...

NEW ORLEANS -- Dispatches from the coaches Tuesday media breakfast at the NFL's annual meeting, during which, lo and behold, some actual football talk transpired....

• From my vantage point I couldn't quite see whether Pete Carroll wore a cat-ate-the-canary look on his face when he heard the question. But when a Philadelphia-based reporter inquired whether his Seahawks have had conversations with the Eagles regarding a trade for quarterback Kevin Kolb, you could almost hear Carroll's brain whirling as he very carefully chose his words.

"There's no conversations going on,'' said Carroll, perhaps notably dropping into present tense. "Not what you want. I talk to [Eagles head coach] Andy [Reid] a lot. I like Andy a lot.''

And my sense is Carroll likes Kolb a lot, too. According to SI's Peter King, the Eagles reportedly have already been offered a first-round pick by one interested team, and Seattle is certainly among the leading suspects. The Seahawks tried trading for an unproven quarterback of the future last offseason with the Charlie Whitehurst deal, and given the move wasn't exactly a smashing success, it stands to reason they have Kolb in their sights. Especially if they don't wind up having to surrender 2011 draft picks for him, but instead get to pay the bill for the move in 2012, should the lockout linger past draft day.

"It's good that people think that,'' Carroll said, of the rumors linking No. 25 Seattle to Kolb. "Because every opportunity that's available, we investigate. We want to [take] every opportunity, and that's one that's been out there. They've said he's a guy they would possibly move. So those kind of discussions, it doesn't matter where it's coming from, we're trying to be privy to all of it. We just want to know what's going on.''

Not exactly a flat denial of interest, wouldn't you say? Especially when Carroll followed that up by extolling the attractiveness of trading for a young veteran whose limited playing experience came in Philadelphia.

"Anybody who comes through Andy's program has been through a great system, with great coaching and leadership and direction and all of that,'' Carroll said. "And that adds to the value of the player, rather than [getting] a guy who's coming fresh out of college.''

Seattle is likely to have competition for Kolb, of course. Minnesota, Arizona, San Francisco and Tennessee all make some sense. But for now, I'm leaving my buck on the Seahawks and Carroll being the most aggressive pursuer. Making the bold move has certainly been Carroll's track record during his brief Seattle tenure.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/03/22/owners-meetings/index.html

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]^ you can find those for the 49ers. for the vikings..... etc etc. Until teams are able to trade or present trades we won't know for sure. I DO however think he will end up in the west.... Arizona tho. We'll see.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]^ you can find those for the 49ers. for the vikings..... etc etc. Until teams are able to trade or present trades we won't know for sure. I DO however think he will end up in the west.... Arizona tho. We'll see.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]So..... without going into deep detail with all the legality and posting some huge wall of text 90% won't read......[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]it's looking like Free Agency, as of Now, will start in late June to mid July. [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Obviously this will most likely change, but don't like for it to start On april 6th, it won't be.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]So..... without going into deep detail with all the legality and posting some huge wall of text 90% won't read......[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]it's looking like Free Agency, as of Now, will start in late June to mid July. [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Obviously this will most likely change, but don't like for it to start On april 6th, it won't be.[/color]

Judge Susan Nelson Monday granted the plaintiffs' request for an injunction to lift the NFL lockout.
But perhaps the biggest development is that Nelson has decided not to stay the decision, which could force the league to open for business immediately. The NFL now must seek a stay with the Eighth Circuit, where the appeal would be heard, in order to prevent a potentially chaotic beginning to the 2011 league year.

Nelson's decision in the Brady et al v. National Football League et al case comes on the heels of the mediation she appointed going into a nearly-month long recess, with U.S. Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan making the decision last Wednesday to adjourn the session until May 16.

The league will likely appeal Nelson's decision swiftly, wanting to avoid the beginning of free agency and offseason programs with the potential that, if the Eighth Circuit rules in its favor, the lockout could be reinstated in the coming weeks or months.

The league swiftly issued a statement announcing their intention to request a stay from Nelson and appeal her ruling to the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. The hope is to avoid the beginning of free agency and offseason programs with the potential that, if the Eighth Circuit rules in its favor, the lockout could be reinstated in the coming weeks or months.

"We will promptly seek a stay from Judge Nelson pending an expedited appeal to the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals." the statement said. "We believe that federal law bars injunctions in labor disputes. We are confident that the Eighth Circuit will agree. But we also believe that this dispute will inevitably end with a collective bargaining agreement, which would be in the best interests of players, clubs and fans. We can reach a fair agreement only if we continue negotiations toward that goal."

Judge Susan Nelson Monday granted the plaintiffs' request for an injunction to lift the NFL lockout.
But perhaps the biggest development is that Nelson has decided not to stay the decision, which could force the league to open for business immediately. The NFL now must seek a stay with the Eighth Circuit, where the appeal would be heard, in order to prevent a potentially chaotic beginning to the 2011 league year.

Nelson's decision in the Brady et al v. National Football League et al case comes on the heels of the mediation she appointed going into a nearly-month long recess, with U.S. Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan making the decision last Wednesday to adjourn the session until May 16.

The league will likely appeal Nelson's decision swiftly, wanting to avoid the beginning of free agency and offseason programs with the potential that, if the Eighth Circuit rules in its favor, the lockout could be reinstated in the coming weeks or months.

The league swiftly issued a statement announcing their intention to request a stay from Nelson and appeal her ruling to the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. The hope is to avoid the beginning of free agency and offseason programs with the potential that, if the Eighth Circuit rules in its favor, the lockout could be reinstated in the coming weeks or months.

"We will promptly seek a stay from Judge Nelson pending an expedited appeal to the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals." the statement said. "We believe that federal law bars injunctions in labor disputes. We are confident that the Eighth Circuit will agree. But we also believe that this dispute will inevitably end with a collective bargaining agreement, which would be in the best interests of players, clubs and fans. We can reach a fair agreement only if we continue negotiations toward that goal."

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]don't expect anything anytime soon. give it another month at the least.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]don't expect anything anytime soon. give it another month at the least.[/color]

i just want there to be player contact. Packers were saying they wouldnt design their ring until the players had imput.
laugh.gif

i just want there to be player contact. Packers were saying they wouldnt design their ring until the players had imput.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] clown.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i just don't want any of the dolphins to go to jail.... look at what already happened. TOOOOOO much free time. [/color]
30t6p3b.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]plus a brand new system, and work the Henne NEEDS.[/color]

laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] clown.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i just don't want any of the dolphins to go to jail.... look at what already happened. TOOOOOO much free time. [/color]
30t6p3b.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]plus a brand new system, and work the Henne NEEDS.[/color]

Back
Top Bottom