OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't Martavis get a 10 game suspension after getting 4 last season?

Josh Gordon went from 4 to 10 iirc

Shocked at BJ retiring. Probably shouldn't be though. A lot of these dudes know the consequences of playing football by now. Still wish Patrick Willis was playing but I get it.

Wow at Raji retiring
Jerry is literally riding Romo til the wheels fall off. It's like he never pictured life with him or something :lol: :smh:

Same way I feel. I respect Jerrys loyalty but this guy is starting to overdo it :lol:. Romo 36 now? He gonna keep saying "Romo is our guy" for the next 6 years :smh: :x :lol:

eek.gif
good stuff with Weddle and his agent to finesse the system
Too smooth

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow at Raji retiring
Jerry is literally riding Romo til the wheels fall off. It's like he never pictured life with him or something
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Same way I feel. I respect Jerrys loyalty but this guy is starting to overdo it
laugh.gif
. Romo 36 now? He gonna keep saying "Romo is our guy" for the next 6 years
mean.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
he's going take Elliot..

I pray they don't take ramsey, jack or buckner

Last edited:
Anymore info on why Raji retired? He visited with the Bucs and at least couple other teams so I wonder why he suddenly came to that decision.

raji really screwed himself not taking that one contract extension he had on the table for multi years from the packers

That's how you supposed to play the game.
all jokes aside, I respect him going for the money. always liked dude even tho he was on the chargers. If any mention of a team could make the Ravens come a little more out of pocket its the Patriots. 
laugh.gif
cant be mad at all at any of them dudes for going after the money.. hearing all the post career stuff they go through body wise or even worse head wise

revis has probably done it the best for the non-QBs

That's how you supposed to play the game.

all jokes aside, I respect him going for the money. always liked dude even tho he was on the chargers. If any mention of a team could make the Ravens come a little more out of pocket its the Patriots. :lol:

cant be mad at all at any of them dudes for going after the money.. hearing all the post career stuff they go through body wise or even worse head wise

revis has probably done it the best for the non-QBs

If I'm knocking years off my life or not being able to function many years earlier than normal... I am def going to get as much money as I can.

Yeah, Revis is the undisputed king of this leverage ****.  There's some silly fans that take issue with it, but best believe there ain't nothing wrong with being a mercenary.

To tie it up with today's events with Weddle...last year Revis got 5 year/$70M with $39M FULLY guaranteed. A huge player-friendly contract after extensive negotiations with the Jets. Woody Johnson wanted him back badly enough to pay whatever it took to make up for ignoring Revis after Tampa cut him.

Y'all remember how all the reports had him going to the Jets or Pats right down to the final hours? Even the Steelers were mentioned that day.

What the Jets didn't know is that Belichick had ceased exchanging contract offers with Revis about 24-36 hours before Revis *officially* agreed to a deal. Bill had already thanked him for services and wished him well, but Revis & his agents kept the mysterious illusion of a wide open negotiation through the NFL insiders posting updates and tweets. The Jets kept bidding against themselves until they got to a number that Revis and his people were satisfied with.

That's that All Pro first ballot HOF finessin'.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

No other player in league history uses leverage to his advantage like the big homie has throughout his career.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom