OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost forgot to post this. Another day, another scumbag move by an NFL owner...

Rams apparently tried to pull a fast one on their players...
The Rams apparently are staying in St. Louis. In one very specific, self-serving way.

Per a league source, contracts being offered to new players state that the laws of Missouri, not California, control the relationship. The NFL Players Association has in turn instructed all certified contract agents to reject that term as “inappropriate.”

Other language in the contract makes the purpose of this strategy clear. The Rams hope to nudge any workers’ compensation claims away from California and into Missouri.

From the contract: “The parties hereto acknowledge that this Player Contract has been negotiated and executed in Missouri; that should any dispute, claim or cause of action (collectively ‘dispute’) arise concerning rights or liabilities arising from the relationship between the Player and the Club, the parties hereto agree that the law governing such dispute shall be the law of the State of Missouri.  Furthermore, the exclusive jurisdiction for resolving Workers’ Compensation related claims shall be the Division of Workers’ Compensation of Missouri, and the Missouri Workers’ Compensation Act shall govern.”

The NFLPA strongly disagrees. “We believe that any reference to the state of Missouri is inappropriate since the Rams have relocated to California as evidenced by the fact that they have changed their name on their website to the Los Angeles Rams, are prepared to hold off-season workouts and training camp in California, and will practice and play their home games in California in 2016,” the union says in the memo to all agents.

It’s a gutsy move by the Rams, for a variety of reasons. Apart from trying to keep workers’ compensation claims out of a forum that universally is regarded as grossly pro-employee, the Rams hope to impose burdens on the administrative mechanisms of the state they have now abandoned.

Here’s the bottom line. If you move to California, you accept everything that goes along with it. And if there’s something about it you don’t like, don’t move there.
They don't want no problems though...issue has been resolved.
The concerns expressed by the NFL Players Association regarding contracts tendered by the Rams apparently have been resolved.

Rams executive V.P. of football operations and COO Kevin Demoff tells PFT that new language has been crafted to address the NFLPA’s objection to the presence of a Missouri choice of law and forum provision, even though the Rams are moving to California.

“The team’s legal move to California coincides with the start of the offseason program on April 18,” Demoff said via email. “As such, all contracts are still subject to Missouri law at time of signing. We were able to work with agents on a simple fix saying the contracts will transfer to California law once the team move is official."
grin.gif

Last edited:
Sam Bradford really set the tone of the market for subpar/no history QBs :lol:

Weddle with the Pats wouldn't surprise me. I know he wants to win and get paid

Weddle :smokin,hope he signs up. Liking the though of him and McCourty back there helping out the corners

Last edited:
Yea its a damn shame we are back to being dysfunctional. How that front office is still the same is beyond me. Grigs at the very least should have gone but I would have cleaned house.

If you can't win a game with a back up, you can't be that good of a team your GM and Coach should be fired

Unfortunately, the fans can't fire Jerry or Garrett :smh:

I can't see too many teams getting wins with Casell/Weeden without their #1 QB, RB (Murray not DMC), WR, and CB.

Not being a smart ***, but how do you know that? How do they pass their drug test? :lol:

I used to smash Chandler Jones girl and she still tells me about everything whenever I talk to her

:wow: Buc Em came threw dropping all types of Funk Flex bombs :lol:

Former #Giants WR Rueben Randle is on a plane, headed to visit the LA #Rams, source said. His first of several scheduled visits.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 14, 2016

Hope that visit works out well. Hope he never wears a Giants jersey again. Wish Larry Donnell was going with him.

They're saying Weddle has it down to 2-3 teams. I would guess Giants, Pats and Pitt. No idea, just a guess.

Fleener is gonna have a big year in NOLA, they make any average tight end look good

I see, all of you.

:rofl:

If he wanted to win, he should have went to GB or NE.

Or Dallas.

13613439081606357924.GIF

so we should focus on 1 season out of the last 6.. my bad for pointing out their record for 5 out of the last 6 seasons

and do we know romo is going to be healthy all season at 36?

and we should just ignore what has happened with the bears and lions this offseason?

megatron retires.. forte gone from the bears

Trust me, I get that completely.

But the Bears and Lions haven't stood in the way of the Packers.

The Vikings are a real threat.

I think the NFCE is the Cowboys to lose as it wss last year.

They would of won with a half competent QB

i still cant believe the vikings missed that field goal  :rofl:

r. i. p. 651 on his way.

Great tidbit from @McClain_on_NFL story: Sexton never gave Broncos chance to match. I guess Brock wanted out. https://t.co/QIY4w8qww4 #9news
— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) March 13, 2016

i guess this confirms he was too in his feels to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom