OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
if that's true this dude is getting off

Maybe a reduced murder charge, but Hayes did shoot Smith's wife....

I knew this wasn't a classic case of road rage, it didn't add up from the beginning.

I didn't buy the road rage either....
Damn @ these new developments

It's crazy how people's initial opinions on something are formed based on what's reported, then when more info comes out...

Yea...I jumped the handle off the initial reports. As did a lot of people...Tyrann Mathieu.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Josh Gordon's potential reinstatement will be delayed until NFL feels comfortable he has 60-90 days of no red-flag tests, per league source.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
So if all goes well and if Josh Gordon stays clean - big ifs - he could be reinstated to play the 2016 season.

It may be just a coincidence. What gets me is the fact that dude was recently awarded millions from that settlement. One would think that he would have just as much to lose as will so he wouldn't be inclined to kill someone.
Nah, he doesn't have millions.

I read he sued for millions and settled with NOP for somewhere between $80k to $125k. Then you gotta factor in the lawyer getting his cut...

And that was in 2011 so who knows how much of it was left.

He did hire a lawyer though.
Has Pierre Thomas been questioned yet?
I could be wrong, but I don't think he was there during the confrontation. Those pics we see him in is after he arrived on the scene. He was with Will at the restaurant diner and then went his separate way.

So if I have this right, from all the current alleged details and leaked video footage, it looks like Will actually rear-ended the shooter's Hummer first. The shooter went to pull over, and Will goes around him and dipped out. The lawyer claims the shooter then called 911 to report a hit-and-run while he was chasing Will's car (which you could clearly see in the video). Lawyer says the shooter was chasing him to get his license plate number. On the video you could see them turning into the street where the final altercation took place. Shooter rear ends Will. Shooter gets out of the car and Will allegedly makes threats. Not known yet if Will stepped out too or stayed in his vehicle the entire time. Shooter pumps 6 bullets to Will's back and torso. Hits Will's wife in the leg too, not known yet if it was a stray or he aimed for her. Shooter stays at the scene, apparently called 911 again, gathered a witness to corroborate his story. Shooter also had a passenger riding with him.

Safe assumption that lawyer is placing emphasis on toxicology results because he thinks Will left the scene of first accident to avoid a DUI. And if the results say he was over the legal limit, then he'll obviously use it in the shooter's defense to try and prove Will was the aggressor.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

It's still too early to call it because there's 3 sides to a story and more to come, but as of right now I don't think he'll get off completely. TBD.

Last edited:
Ike Taylor: Ezekiel Elliott, if healthy, can be Hall of Famer in Dallas

Strong words.

Elliott is taking over the NFL Snapchat account today and the kid does not look like a morning person :lol: .

Funny story, I ran into his uncle at the supermarket on Sunday :lol: .. didn't know it was his uncle but overheard him talking to a lady in the line next to us, "2 more weeks, can't wait, not sure where he's going to go but we're all hoping for Dallas." She goes what his name again, he says "Zeke Elliott" .. so I turn around and jump into the convo :lol: .. Says Zeke wants to go to Dallas, Baltimore, Philly, or Miami. He also said watch out for the Giants as a sleeper if he slips down that far.

sounds like Zeke's going top 10, huh?
nerd.gif
frown.gif
 Was hoping he'd slip to 14...lol

It may be just a coincidence. What gets me is the fact that dude was recently awarded millions from that settlement. One would think that he would have just as much to lose as will so he wouldn't be inclined to kill someone.

Nah, he doesn't have millions.

I read he sued for millions and settled with NOP for somewhere between $80k to $125k. Then you gotta factor in the lawyer getting his cut...

And that was in 2011 so who knows how much of it was left.

He did hire a lawyer though.

Has Pierre Thomas been questioned yet?

I could be wrong, but I don't think he was there during the confrontation. Those pics we see him in is after he arrived on the scene. He was with Will at the restaurant diner and then went his separate way.

So if I have this right, from all the current alleged details and leaked video footage, it looks like Will actually rear-ended the shooter's Hummer first. The shooter went to pull over, and Will goes around him and dipped out. The lawyer claims the shooter then called 911 to report a hit-and-run while he was chasing Will's car (which you could clearly see in the video). Lawyer says the shooter was chasing him to get his license plate number. On the video you could see them turning into the street where the final altercation took place. Shooter rear ends Will. Shooter gets out of the car and Will allegedly makes threats. Not known yet if Will stepped out too or stayed in his vehicle the entire time. Shooter pumps 6 bullets to Will's back and torso. Hits Will's wife in the leg too, not known yet if it was a stray or he aimed for her. Shooter stays at the scene, apparently called 911 again, gathered a witness to corroborate his story. Shooter also had a passenger riding with him.

Safe assumption that lawyer is placing emphasis on toxicology results because he thinks Will left the scene of first accident to avoid a DUI. And if the results say he was over the legal limit, then he'll obviously use it in the shooter's defense to try and prove Will was the aggressor.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

It's still too early to call it because there's 3 sides to a story and more to come, but as of right now I don't think he'll get off completely. TBD.

Yea...I think you summed it up perfectly.

I do wonder if he'll get some sort of charge for shooting Smith's wife?

In the late hours of July 4, 2015, at a holiday cookout in his hometown of Deerfield Beach, Fla., Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul stood on a patch of sun-beaten grass, across the street from a party where more than 50 family members and friends milled about in the nearly 90º heat. Nearby, parked on the shoulder, sat a U-Haul van. Inside, a civic contribution of sorts: He had purchased $1,100 worth of fireworks, enough for the whole neighborhood to enjoy.

Just before midnight, after an evening of shooting fireworks into the sky, Pierre-Paul decided he’d had enough. But then a friend pointed out that the U-Haul was almost empty. Shouldn’t they pop off the last few?

With his shirt off, Pierre-Paul obliged—or at least tried to. He attempted seven times to apply flame to fuse, to ignite a stick that would send a stream of colors rocketing into the night, but the wind kept blowing out his lighter. He remembers thinking, Let me try one more time. . .

Suddenly, success—and then an eruption, a bang and a blinding green-and-white light that, witnesses say, swallowed Pierre-Paul’s 6' 5", 278-pound frame. “I remember a big flash, and I heard boom!” says Farraw Germain, the mother of Pierre-Paul’s then eight-month-old son, Josiah. “There was a lot of smoke.” Pierre-Paul sensed trouble right away. “As soon as I saw the green light, I jumped,” he says. “I knew something dangerous was about to happen.”

Pierre-Paul dropped to the grass. But when he arose he smelled nothing, felt nothing. Then he heard Germain shriek in terror, “Your hand!”

He glanced down. The street had gone black again, but Pierre-Paul could make out a sight far more gruesome and shocking than anything he’d ever glimpsed on a football field. “I’m looking at my hand and I’m seeing every ligament,” he recalls. “You only see this stuff in the movies.”

http://on.si.com/JPP

Last edited:
Damn @ these new developments

It's crazy how people's initial opinions on something are formed based on what's reported, then when more info comes out...

That's how it works, you react as info is released. No problem with that. It is an issue where new info comes to light and a person refuses to allow their opinion to be fluid and accept the updated info

Video of the first hit and run is a little sketch. I would like to see what caused Hayes to stop so abruptly. Was it a pedestrian, light, or was Smith riding him too close being a jerk and trying to catch up to his friends in the impala and Hayes decided to do a major brake check.

Either way, Hayes did attempt to pull over.... if Smith pulls over, does the argument still go down in front of Flying Burrito and escalate to gun violence?

As much as this could be a defense for Hayes... in court wont everything prior to the shooting be irrelevant unless the prosecution tries to come out with a premeditation argument?

Only thing that will matter is if a witness can corroborate that Smith went to his car after stating he had a gun. Both parties have passengers that will back the other guy im sure. The video witness will be strong if they can prove they saw everything and wasnt just repeating what was told to them.

I see dude pleaing to a manslaughter charge.

Ike Taylor: Ezekiel Elliott, if healthy, can be Hall of Famer in Dallas

Strong words.

Elliott is taking over the NFL Snapchat account today and the kid does not look like a morning person :lol: .

Funny story, I ran into his uncle at the supermarket on Sunday :lol: .. didn't know it was his uncle but overheard him talking to a lady in the line next to us, "2 more weeks, can't wait, not sure where he's going to go but we're all hoping for Dallas." She goes what his name again, he says "Zeke Elliott" .. so I turn around and jump into the convo :lol: .. Says Zeke wants to go to Dallas, Baltimore, Philly, or Miami. He also said watch out for the Giants as a sleeper if he slips down that far.

Taking Ezekiel Elliott makes sense for Ravens but is hardly a no-brainer

A lot of early mocks had the Jets looking at him but signing both Forte and Robinson surley nixed that idea.

Video of the first hit and run is a little sketch. I would like to see what caused Hayes to stop so abruptly. Was it a pedestrian, light, or was Smith riding him too close being a jerk and trying to catch up to his friends in the impala and Hayes decided to do a major brake check.

Either way, Hayes did attempt to pull over.... if Smith pulls over, does the argument still go down in front of Flying Burrito and escalate to gun violence?

As much as this could be a defense for Hayes... in court wont everything prior to the shooting be irrelevant unless the prosecution tries to come out with a premeditation argument?

Only thing that will matter is if a witness can corroborate that Smith went to his car after stating he had a gun. Both parties have passengers that will back the other guy im sure. The video witness will be strong if they can prove they saw everything and wasnt just repeating what was told to them.

This is what I'm curious about too.  It didn't make sense that he randomly stopped.  

This is what I'm curious about too.  It didn't make sense that he randomly stopped.  
Just the other day I was driving in town and a range rover cut me off coming out of a gas station.  I don't know what the dudes problem was, but as he was driving ahead of me now, he opened his door (while the car was driving on the city street), and was yelling out the door at me.  He almost went off the road and hit a pedestrian (because he was hanging out the door and turning around looking at my car).  My point is, I've seen so much random **** and awful drivers these days, it has caused me to get a dash cam because it is just ridiculous out there these days.  I don't fear for my safety since I don't honk the horn or drive angry, I just can't believe how reckless people are behind the wheel.  Somebody randomly stopping on the road to get a tailgater off their tail or stopping randomly because they dropped their phone doesn't seem random to me anymore.  

The defense is probably hoping for two things:

1. Recovery of a gun Smith may/may not have been going to get from the G-Wagen

2. Toxicology results - possible DUI, leaving the scene of an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom