OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
911 calls haven't teleased, correct? Those will be interesting

What will be telling is if there was a gun recovered in Smith's car.

Now I see why the defense wants the toxicology results.

Alcohol + driving + argument/threat = no bueno....especially if there was indeed a weapon in the car.

there has to be a connection between the two of them, he worked security for the Saints and Smith was friends with one of the cops in his pops murder settlement whom he was dining with hours before
It may be just a coincidence. What gets me is the fact that dude was recently awarded millions from that settlement. One would think that he would have just as much to lose as will so he wouldn't be inclined to kill someone.

I think there's more to the story. Both dudes were prob talking ish to each other will said he had the musket and ol boy got trigger happy and blasted on Will.

The dudes in the impala could have played a role in ol boy letting off shots.

Yeah the witness in the video said something along the lines of Smiths legs hanging out of the car. They mentioned it on NBC Nightly News too.

And to the guy who said its a bad area, nah I know a few kids down there that said its actually a really nice area but you just nevrr know down there these days. Student was shot recently trying to stop a rape a few months back if you remember that newstory/video a few blocks from the Smith shooting. The area doesnt really pertain to what happened or the case in the end though

Should be interesting case. Accused shooter has the $$$ to afford real representation instead of public defender

Guy in the vid said that Hayes (I'm assuming) said "**** yall, I got one too." then shoots....

If Smith threatened dude...and was going back to his car to get a gun (which never came up), it certainly makes this a tad bit more muddled...
I saw somewhere that wills legs were outside of the car and the rest of his body was slumped in the car. If this is true it could be a possibility that will got out of the car and told ol boy he has the musket.

Scratch what I just said. From what I just read it sounds like they got into a heated argument and Will said "I have gun" and dude said "I got one too" and Will started walking back to his car then dude shot him. This situation is crazy.

Hayes gun was legally owned too so he can't be popped for owning an illegal firearm
'
Where did you read that about the gun? I though in addition to second degree murder, he was charged with having an illegal firearm and possession of drugs.

Scratch what I just said. From what I just read it sounds like they got into a heated argument and Will said "I have gun" and dude said "I got one too" and Will started walking back to his car then dude shot him. This situation is crazy.

Can make sense... If this indeed is true, I can see how Smith was slumped over the steering wheel

Probably went back to his car, sat half way reaching into the glove compartment... Hayes came from behind, shot him and probably missed a few shots causing them to hit his wife

'
Where did you read that about the gun? I though in addition to second degree murder, he was charged with having an illegal firearm and possession of drugs.

I think those charges were from a prior arrest... Someone correct me if I'm wrong

How can a player have smoked himself out of the league if he hasn't even been cut from his current team though?

If Josh Gordon gets reinstated any time in the next year or so, he will be playing NFL football. Greg Hardy threw his girlfriend on a bed full of automatic weapons and made about 10M's last season . Josh will get plenty of interest if he can prove that he's clean

Some teams/organizations are stupid, desperate, and feel like they can change everybody

Did it say Smith was going for a gun too?

Guy in the vid said that Hayes (I'm assuming) said "**** yall, I got one too." then shoots....

If Smith threatened dude...and was going back to his car to get a gun (which never came up), it certainly makes this a tad bit more muddled...

I was wondering how if they had confronted each other face to face, how Smith ended up slumped over on the steering wheel. I guess Smith went back to his truck to get his gun while still sitting in his seat, and the other dude came up to shoot him?

Last edited:
This story...

NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) -

FOX 8 has learned that former Saints player Will Smith and his wife, Racquel, ate at a restaurant on Magazine Street and left just before 11:30 Saturday night. And with that information, we learned what may have happened from the time Smith left the restaurant until his death.

Less than 10 minutes after he left the restaurant, police say Smith encountered his accused killer, Cardelle Hayes. From the beginning, Hayes' acting attorney, John Fuller, claimed it's too early to jump to conclusions.

“Prior to the actions that lead to Mr. Smith's death, my client was involved in a hit and run,” Fuller said. “Someone hit him and failed to pull over. My client trailed behind this person in an effort to get their license plate number. My client also called 911.”

New video shows possible hit and run before Smith is killed

Damn, story just getting crazier. This is why you can't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

Looks like Smith hit this dudes car and tried to book it.

Last edited:
Damn @ these new developments

It's crazy how people's initial opinions on something are formed based on what's reported, then when more info comes out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom