OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO all three of those QB's possess a level of arm talent Kaep could only dream of. And we're just talking arm talent.

Overall talent Kap's ceiling is higher than both. He is a dual threat QB, with the talent that either of them could only dream of. 

Dalton ended the season injured on the bench, and Palmer had a 4 INT blowout game.

And to reiterate my statement, I said his CEILING with the Broncos COULD be Top 8-10. 

Like I said, it's a difference of opinion. You obviously see 10x more in Kaep that I do.

Personally I think the notion that Kaep has a higher ceiling than Dalton or Netwon is laughable.

IMO all three of those QB's possess a level of arm talent Kaep could only dream of. And we're just talking arm talent.
Overall talent Kap's ceiling is higher than both. He is a dual threat QB, with the talent that either of them could only dream of. 

Dalton ended the season injured on the bench, and Palmer had a 4 INT blowout game.

And to reiterate my statement, I said his CEILING with the Broncos COULD be Top 8-10. 
Like I said, it's a difference of opinion. You obviously see 10x more in Kaep that I do.

Personally I think the notion that Kaep has a higher ceiling than Dalton or Netwon is laughable.
I never said Newton. I said Palmer. I said Kap is no Cam Newton. 

In a league, where Alex Smith & Kirk Cousins were in the top quarter of NFL QBs. My beliefs in Kap will remain. 
laugh.gif

My bad it wasn't really clear which of three QB's you were referring to.

Point still stands, you obviously see more than most in Kaep.

Saying Kaep has a higher ceiling than Carson or Dalton is equally laughable imo.

Carson has reached his ceiling, the bench mark is set. You think Kaep can do what Carson has done at the position? I don't see it.

Last edited:
Alex Smith doesn't really lose you games nor does he win them for you, that's why he has a job

Kaep will never be a game manager

Alex Smith doesn't really lose you games nor does he win them for you, that's why he has a job

Kaep will never be a game manager
But Kap has shown that he CAN win games for his team on his own.  

It is exponentially more difficult for a quarterback to put a team on his back and will them to victory than to simply play not to make mistakes and manage the game.  Since Kap has done the former in his career, why is it that you believe he could never do the latter?

It is exponentially more difficult for a quarterback to put a team on his back and will them to victory than to simply play not to make mistakes and manage the game.  Since Kap has done the former in his career, why is it that you believe he could never do the latter?

Yes Kaep has but that's also my point, if he's not winning games like he once was than he's a liability

I'm one of the few who believe he can regain that form on a new team

Yes Kaep has but that's also my point, if he's not winning games like he once was than he's a liability

I'm one of the few who believe he can regain that form on a new team
Eh...I dont know that I can agree with that if he isnt winning like he was he is a liability.  It totally depends on his situation, and whether that situation can afford him playing game manager only.

Since it was brought up about Alex Smith ball, I dont think that his style of quarterbacking is something that is very difficult to do.  I believe EVERY starting NFL quarterback and a ton of backups can play at that level.  Dont throw to a WR unless he is WIDE open.  Take a sack or throw the ball away if the window is tight.  Dont try to make plays if there is even the smallest possibility an interception can happen.  Always throw to the less risky option even if that option wouldnt result in anything positive.  

Alex's style is that of a backup quarterback.  I have no doubt that almost any QB could do that, Kaepernick included.  Most QBs just arent given the luxury of playing this way due to the way the rest of the team is constructed.

Last edited:
I know @dland HATES Alex Smith but God damn.

:lol: at every starting QB in the league plus a ton of back ups could do what Smith has done for KC the past few years. The disrespect. :smh: :lol:

Last edited:

Far from a Seahawks fan, and dont normally stick up for them, but this type of post always makes me laugh.

So because his team didnt make the title game, he isnt allowed to make comments about other teams?  I guess only Broncos fans are allowed to say other teams are good, bad, etc.

it was more the direct name calling :rofl:
like, Seahawks were in ******-team purgatory for years. Can't go saying "Stay salty kid" to someone when ya team didn't even make it all the way either

Huh? try and stay out of your own way and stop posting

I know dland HATES Alex Smith but God damn.

laugh.gif
at every starting QB in the league plus a ton of back ups could do what Smith has done for KC the past few years. The disrespect.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
His style of play is that of a backup QB.  

Has nothing to do with hating him.  Has to do with me not thinking his skillset is one that can be replicated by any number of professional QBs.  Alex has been in the PERFECT situation since 2011.  Playing with an elite defense allows him to not worry about production and simply worry about not turning the ball over.  Alex's completion % is high because he completes 3 yard dump offs when his team is in 3rd and 8, wont throw the ball downfield and wont throw to a WR unless he is WIDE open.  Open WRs to Alex Smith are not the same as open WRs in general.   His QB rating is high because that statistic rewards not turning the ball over.  He is ALWAYS at the bottom of most statistical categories.  

Has nothing to do with hate.  I dont hate him.  I just speak of him the same way I speak of any player I dont think is very good.

Last edited:
I didn't mean you literally hate him, you just show a clear lack of objectivity any time you talk about Alex Smith.

Regardless of whether Alex Smith isn't very good or not, there just aren't a "ton of back up QB's" who could play at Alex Smith's level with that elite KC defense.

I didn't mean you literally hate him, you just show a clear lack of objectivity any time you talk about Alex Smith.

Regardless of whether Alex Smith isn't very good or not, there just aren't a "ton of back up QB's" who could play at Alex Smith's level with that elite KC defense.
How do you know?

How do you know?

I don't know, neither do you. It's a damn hypothetical scenario you came up with. No one knows. :lol:

Last edited:

How do you know?
I don't know, neither do you. It's a damn hypothetical scenario you came up with. No one knows.
laugh.gif
Yep.  I am just of the opinion that not making mistakes is exponentially easier than actually trying to produce.

But Alex smith is better than kap...sooo..yea...that really throws a wrench into things.

Kap would be much improved if he was Alex smith tomorrow, you know, reading defenses, not taking risks...

Y'all minimize him, but Alex smith ain't half as bad as y'all make him...

He's actually grown, the kinda growth y'all hoping kap will have, we've seen in Alex..

How do you know?

I don't know, neither do you. It's a damn hypothetical scenario you came up with. No one knows. :lol:
Yep.  I am just of the opinion that not making mistakes is exponentially easier than actually trying to produce.

I guess my point is that that opinion isn't the same as your other opinion, the one that says virtually anybody who played a regular snap last year can perform at Alex Smith's level given the same supporting cast.

Last edited:
But Alex smith is better than kap...sooo..yea...that really throws a wrench into things.

Kap would be much improved if he was Alex smith tomorrow, you know, reading defenses, not taking risks...

Y'all minimize him, but Alex smith ain't half as bad as y'all make him...

He's actually grown, the kinda growth y'all hoping kap will have, we've seen in Alex..

He's grown?

Threw for less than 3500 yards yet again.
Threw for 20 touchdowns.

Here's an example from last season:
chiefs__2_.0.gif

Alex Smith's passing totals in the last five games of the season:
162 yards
191 yards
171 yards
125 yards
156 yards

7 touchdowns.

And before you hit 'em up with the "but he doesn't turn the ball over" rhetoric... in those same 5 games... 4 picks and two fumbles.

Guess what the Chiefs scored in those 5 games?
34, 10, 34, 17, 23.

They scored 118 points. Alex Smith accounted for 35 of those points.

I don't care if or who he's better than. All I know is, Alex Smith is what Alex Smith is.

Last edited:
Pats fans probably remember this patented Alex Smith drive from their playoff game:

Down two scores... six minutes to go...

View media item 1986115
Runs more than 5 minutes off the clock because he gotta dink and dunk his way down the field.

Alex Smith football.

It was a combination of Andy Reid time management & Safety Smith.

They got to the 1 with 2:30 and it took them forever to score. Disgusting.

Kaep is just flat out dumb i think :lol:. Hes not as intelligent as one might think which limits his qb play.

Thing about Alex Smith is he wont get you to the promised land. Kaep has and ill give him that. That ASmith Giants vs. 49ers game shows you. If Kaep was in that same game before the regression he would of gave them a chance. Alex Smith didnt.

I mean Kaep was one tipped Sherman pass from going back to the chip and one play away from winning the chip. I gotta give him credit when he was balling. Alex Smith wouldnt be able to do those things...AT ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom