OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOVE the trade by us today.

Chanlder Jones is an overrated bum. good riddance. and he's soft
You sound like that douche Scott Zolak :lol:

And I don't see how this is an upgrade for the Pats o-line...Cooper has played in 11 games over 3 years and got benched last year.

i stick by what i said about Chandler Jones...couldn't care less about what people been saying about him or are saying about him now. i been consistent with that notion for a couple seasons.

i don't expect our defense to miss a beat without him :lol:

Yeah the more I read about this Cooper dude, the more that tweet CP posted about ol' boy being the BBQ sauce of the deal looks true.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif

They had a high grade on him before the draft and the GAWD Scarnecchia got brought byke from retirement to fix the OLine so TBD. Cooper was looking like a bust so we'll see if the change of scenery helps.

Pats also save $5.4M in cap space so you know Bob Kraft is milly rocking in his AF1's right now.

LOVE the trade by us today.

Chanlder Jones is an overrated bum. good riddance. and he's soft

Really? That's how you feel? Overrated, :wow: ... didn't know that many people thought he was a star :lol:

I'm saying. If that wasn't a mad ex girlfriend post. :lol:

Chandler did some good things for the Pats. He was never overrated.

like i been saying...not like i'm changing my tune on this dude. been consistent with it.

ain't nothing angry gf related there :lol:

now if you want to say he's not a star, fair point. but much of pats nation believes he's a star

Last edited:
As a Hawks fan, I'm not happy about this Chandler Jones trade. Maybe not worth his contract or what he's going to cost in the future, but dude can definitely contribute and ball.

If (emphasis on this) the production and output remain the exact same as his time in New England, then Chandler Jones will definitely end up overrated relative to the monster contract coming his way. I wouldn't straight up call him overrated right now, but his total numbers at the end of each season sometimes make him look more dominant than what he's been thus far.

C. Jones has a knack of gathering up a bunch of sacks and TFL's vs. inferior competition...then you won't see or hear about him for some time. It's happened in the playoffs too. He's been shut down a lot more than you'd think.

But he's only 26 and I get the feeling dude is gonna flourish in that Arizona lazarus pit. A good defense behind him with some talent and Bruce Arians not afraid of letting the dogs loose. He should be fine.

Last edited:
He knows Gase's system, Gase knows him, he was a one year front loaded contract, and came with no compensation keeping us in line for a comp pick in 2017 for losing Miller. Also same age, and 300 less carries than Miller.

CJ would have been a great fit. Friggin Elway. :smh:

Well at least you still got Kiko and Byron

But he's only 26 and I get the feeling dude is gonna flourish in that Arizona lazarus pit. A good defense behind him with some talent and Bruce Arians not afraid of letting the dogs loose. He should be fine.
As long as he stays away from the K2.
probably part of the reason hes gone honestly.

i mean he was out regardless because of his contract situation and the depth that they have.

but that whole k2 thing def made it easier on them to move him 

Panthers have officially signed DT Paul Soliai. Two years, $7 million, including $3 million guaranteed.
— Joe Person (@josephperson) March 15, 2016
Veteran former Rams tight end Jared Cook visiting Packers, according to league sources
— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) March 15, 2016
That was fast. The #Ravens have struck a deal with WR Mike Wallace, source said. That's their deep threat.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 15, 2016
IT'S OFFICIAL: #******** sign free agent safety David Bruton.

Read more about the move: https://t.co/xp1kIPVQaw pic.twitter.com/oBhDhmSWCy
— Washington ******** (@********) March 15, 2016

like i been saying...not like i'm changing my tune on this dude. been consistent with it.

now if you want to say he's not a star, fair point. but much of pats nation believes he's a star

That post came off real emotional. :lol:

But Chandler has had 2 double digit sack seasons in his 4 years. People don't look at him as Watt or Von. Maybe some Pats do but from what I see he's been rated where he should be.

I wouldn't even he's overrated based on the contract. If he plays 16 games and gets 10-12 sacks that's basically what the market is nowadays.

connor barwin would be a good look for the pats..

any other teams interested in nick fairley other than the eagles?

we need a 3rd 4-3 DT.. hopefully we can get him on the cheap

That post came off real emotional. :lol:

But Chandler has had 2 double digit sack seasons in his 4 years. People don't look at him as Watt or Von. Maybe some Pats do but from what I see he's been rated where he should be.

I wouldn't even he's overrated based on the contract. If he plays 16 games and gets 10-12 sacks that's basically what the market is nowadays.

the numbers are there but they're deceiving. and he's not a consistent player at all. he disappears for stretches of time. i got like 10 texts an hour or so ago *****ing and moaning about the trade. you'd think they traded away gronk for **** sake :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom