OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lockette’s doctor informed him that all the muscles and ligaments in his neck had been torn, and told Lockette how close he was to dying:

"I didn’t really realize how serious it was until it was over, because the doctor told me my skull was—all the muscles, all the ligaments that connect my vertebrae and the cartilage, in between that. So, the cartilage was out, the ligaments torn. And he said, if I were to have stood up then, the weight of my head, left, right, front, back, I would have died. If one of my teammates would have came over and pulled my arm, just barely, I might have died. If the returner at the time would have broken a couple tackles, and they would have moved and fell on me, I would have died on the field. But what saved my life was the trainers."

http://deadsp.in/irDLSDg

:x :smh: :x :smh:

Heard this on the radio this morning. Scary SCARY stuff.

1373672217_image.gif

I'm not even sure what this means :lol:

Lockette’s doctor informed him that all the muscles and ligaments in his neck had been torn, and told Lockette how close he was to dying:

"I didn’t really realize how serious it was until it was over, because the doctor told me my skull was—all the muscles, all the ligaments that connect my vertebrae and the cartilage, in between that. So, the cartilage was out, the ligaments torn. And he said, if I were to have stood up then, the weight of my head, left, right, front, back, I would have died. If one of my teammates would have came over and pulled my arm, just barely, I might have died. If the returner at the time would have broken a couple tackles, and they would have moved and fell on me, I would have died on the field. But what saved my life was the trainers."

View media item 1942970
I thought it was over for him as soon as it happened, looked like somebody shut his power switch off :frown:

Glad he survived and hopefully a speedy recovery :nthat:

I know a lot of folks try not to think about it, but it really puts into perspective the reality of the game. All it takes is one hit to change your whole life.

I know a lot of folks try not to think about it, but it really puts into perspective the reality of the game. All it takes is one hit to change your whole life.

Or you can be close to paralysis and still try to get an NFL contract like Jermichael Finley.

These guys are just wired differently and LOVE what they do.

I feel like he still had one "good" season left in him. I would've loved to have seen him hang em up in a Silver and Black tbh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom