OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Peyton would like to keep playing "if given the chance" per Schefter on Mike & Mike this morning.

Wouldn't want him on my team but...somebody will give Peyton a one-year deal if he wants to play.

I've seen a bunch of mocks with him at #4

I know mocks really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, Goff is there at 4, would you? I would and let him sit behind Romo for a couple years.

Edit: actually I'd try and trade the pick and add another 1st round plus picks in other rounds

IMO I like Wentz more than Goff for the Cowboys. Only red flag is the lack of competition he played against week in and week out. Give him a year or two behind Romo to adjust to the NFL game and see where he is. If Wentz is gone by 4 I'd trade back.

Last edited:
If Peyton comes back I'm losing respect

Take your gift wrapped SB and ride off
I wouldn't lose respect for this. It's his decision and he's gotta live with the result. I think he's genuinely conflicted.

I have more of an issue with the straight up pandering he did post-Superbowl, and how overly protected he is from topics that should produce real discussions. No matter how uncomfortable they might be for some people. Football related conversations & off the field **** too.

Peyton's good at dragging stuff out on people without consequence...so I'd be shocked if he suddenly gets treated like Favre. 

@JJs07  Ahhh, I gotcha. Yeah, I didn't catch that. 

Last edited:
@MarkMaske:Bills will use franchise tag on Cordy Glenn, according to NFL source.

@TyDunne: And the #Bills will indeed be using the franchise tag on Cordy Glenn as several have reported on here. Costs team $13.7 million in '16.

@bylindsayhjones: We won't know the salary for Miller under exclusive tag until April. It's calculated based on top 5 cap numbers at position.

Last edited:
Peyton coming back would be a huge mistake. He's done, go out with your ring.

I wonder if the Giants will go after Mario Williams

Asked about his 23 fumbles as a collegian, Goff had a give-and-take.

"How many did I have this year?" he said.

There were 23 in your career, came the answer.

"How many did I have this year?" Goff said again.

Four, came the answer.

"Four?" Goff said. "That's pretty good."

TELL 'EM :pimp:

So now that Mario Williams was released, can anyone pick him up off waivers over the next few days? The Bucs need pass rushing so bad and Mario fits the scheme so good that I seriously would not even care if we took him with his current contract and then sign him to an extension where he wouldn't count against the cap as much this year. We have a billion dollars in cap space either way and need to use it all on pass rushing and our secondary.

Peyton wants to go out and make sure he doesnt have it anymore.We all know he doesnt but I think he wants to make sure of that himself.

Dudes been playing football for how long since he was in diapers? Its kind of hard to let go of your baby...FOREVER

I don't know how the hell Peyton couldn't figure out that he doesn't have it anymore after this year :lol:

If he couldn't figure it out this year then he probably never will

I don't know how the hell Peyton couldn't figure out that he doesn't have it anymore after this year :lol:

If he couldn't figure it out this year then he probably never will

I dont know either :lol: but the game will force you out if you stay too long. Either by injury or embarrassment.

If Peyton signs that 1 year deal somewhere he'll meet that same fate all the legends that overstay the welcome do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom