OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Football be safer playing without the gear? No Helmet, No Facemask, No shoulder pads.
Did you read the article on deadspin?? Lol.

Apparently, protection was introduced because players were dying on the field? Not sure how true that is.

Removing protection altogether would involve a complete overhaul in the rules, which is a huge undertaking IMO

[quote name="aepps20"]Them having sex or not is a personal matter that you would think both of them would want to keep private. Why do they both keep talking about it. It just doesn't make sense.
One thing some Christians love to do is portray an image. :wink: "What good is the good I've done if no one knows about it?"[/quote]

same thing with being a vegan/vegitarian :lol:

"well i'm a vegan soooooo i'll just get a salad"

It would certainly remove the sense of invulnerability that all the equipment gives you. Guys would have to think twice before trying some of the stuff they do now. I wonder though if injuries would decrease as a result and if it would become more like Rugby in terms of not having as many long term health consequenses/risks

Would Football be safer playing without the gear? No Helmet, No Facemask, No shoulder pads.

Did you read the article on deadspin?? Lol.

Apparently, protection was introduced because players were dying on the field? Not sure how true that is.

Removing protection altogether would involve a complete overhaul in the rules, which is a huge undertaking IMO

No, they were talking about it on the DP show.

I thought it was an interesting topic.

Regardless of overhaul, would it be safer?

It's hard to know, but I believe it would have to be from a head injury perspective.  The helmets do little to actually protect brains from damage and actively encourage players to use them as a weapon.  Lineman don't feel any pain from slamming their head on someone so it basically hides the longterm damage that's being done.  No one is going to go head to head without a helmet.  I think it would remove the head from the game on a lot of levels.

Matt Forte announced #Bears have informed him he is not in the team's plans moving forward to 2016. He will be an unrestricted free agent.

View media item 1907949

Thought he might be a good look for the Jets and then I realized he's 30.

Pass.

You guys already have a solid back in Ivory,leave him be to the only squad in the division with a non existent ground game...:nerd:

Ivory is a FA as well, cap issues may affect us re-signing him.

He's a beast, great runner and dude, but if we can get younger (via draft) I woulnd't be all that mad if they parted ways.

It's hard to know, but I believe it would have to be from a head injury perspective.  The helmets do little to actually protect brains from damage and actively encourage players to use them as a weapon.  Lineman don't feel any pain from slamming their head on someone so it basically hides the longterm damage that's being done.  No one is going to go head to head without a helmet.  I think it would remove the head from the game on a lot of levels.

This was the point I made.
Also...

Going low and ACLs.
The first guy to go low on someone with the RB/WR/TE to go airborne and taking a knee to the face would reduce guys going low.
They won't want to take a knee straight to the face and guys would jump guys going low all the time. Whether throwing the knee is accidental or not.

Just my thought.

Matt Forte announced #Bears have informed him he is not in the team's plans moving forward to 2016. He will be an unrestricted free agent.

View media item 1907949

Thought he might be a good look for the Jets and then I realized he's 30.

Pass.

You guys already have a solid back in Ivory,leave him be to the only squad in the division with a non existent ground game...:nerd:

Ivory is a FA as well, cap issues may affect us re-signing him.

He's a beast, great runner and dude, but if we can get younger (via draft) I woulnd't be all that mad if they parted ways.

Oh really? I didn't know that,good to now...

Last edited:
I don't even know any of Ciara's music. One of those people I know is famous and is a musician but couldn't name any of their ****.

She's prob still taking it on the side but giving Russ the good girl treatment whenever she walks through the door. "I don't do that, that was just a song baby..." etc while Russ is taking care of Future's baby trying to get him to call him dad.

I just can't see the athletes of today with this speed and size not wearing helmets. There's bound to be head to head contact and I, for one, do not want to see what the aftermath of that would look like.

Last edited:

I'm asking if that statement is correct because I wasnt sure.

I get that it's from the accumulative amount of hits that may not even have symptoms of concussions. Something I wanted to know how often happens in Rugby from youths to the pros 
Got you.  TBH I don't know the answer—Rugby could be worse for all I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom