OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think shady will be charged, convicted and miss any league time you tripping.
Why not? Not saying he is, but I don't see why you think there's no chance
If the other guys take the fall, I think he has a legit chance of not missing time. But they ****** up some cops :lol:
You can't win vs the police :lol:
And the way roger goodell likes to suspend people, his buddies gotta take ALL the blame

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-picture-post-football-life-article-1.2522697

This why Calvin, Beast Mode and P. Willy hung them up.

And Joe was a quarterback that didn't even get hit like these cats.

I've read comments that Calvin and Beast Mode quit. These dudes have enough money to live the rest of their lives and fat ***** that have never done anything in their lives are calling them quitters because they want to leave a dangerous profession.

This legit enrages me.

We're gonna start seeing more and more guys retire early. It's gonna bring more attention to the issues guys have after football and we're gonna hear a bunch more from guys who are all messed up

I know it's a totally different sport, but I would think UFC fighters would be more screwed up than anybody

Perfect.
laugh.gif

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-picture-post-football-life-article-1.2522697

I've read comments that Calvin and Beast Mode quit. These dudes have enough money to live the rest of their lives and fat ***** that have never done anything in their lives are calling them quitters because they want to leave a dangerous profession.

This legit enrages me.

The guys quiting or the comments from the fans? I'm assuming the latter.

Scary sport to play, the youth participation will trend a different way soon enough

Last edited:
We're gonna start seeing more and more guys retire early. It's gonna bring more attention to the issues guys have after football and we're gonna hear a bunch more from guys who are all messed up

I know it's a totally different sport, but I would think UFC fighters would be more screwed up than anybody

i'm really glad peyton got his 2nd ring, and can retire now with some peace - but I wonder if 10-20 years down the line if he'll regret that decision in terms of health.

20 years in the nfl has to be tough, even if peyton made a career out of quick throws and avoiding hits.

This dude Eli said he was in deep thought right after the TD as to whether Denver should be kick the XP or go for 2 :rolleyes :lol: .

Last edited:
Someone answer this for me, was that Cooper Manning that popped up at the end of that Eli gif? The chosen one who never got to play?

Last edited:

This legit enrages me.

The guys quiting or the comments from the fans? I'm assuming the latter.

Scary sport to play, the youth participation will trend a different way soon enough
Very true. I've already made up my mind that if I have kids one day I wouldn't want them to play football.

And to @SneakerPro's original post it pisses me off too how some fans comment and say things about athletes like they owe them their career and they have to play as long as they want for their entertainment. 

Last edited:
Regarding CTE, I'm curious about the stats in other professional sports leagues around the world in how their retirees are coping with their playing days behind them? I know that the NHL is doing all they can to be proactive with concussion awareness, and have IMO, done a better job than the NFL, but what about professional soccer and rugby?

Cam Newton is a trophy kid. He not suppose to lose...ever.

Pretty much, dude has won at every level. It's not like they were being blown out, but the fact that they couldn't do anything and the ball never once bounced their way. Mathematically they were in it til the end.

And that cotchery catch was a catch.

:lol: at Joe wasn't hit. Back then, QB's weren't afforded the rules and protection they are now.

Cam Newton is a trophy kid. He not suppose to lose...ever.

Pretty much, dude has won at every level. It's not like they were being blown out, but the fact that they couldn't do anything and the ball never once bounced their way. Mathematically they were in it til the end.

And that cotchery catch was a catch.

"In it till the end" doesn't get you the right to kiss Papa John and drink Budweiser all night. That's for champions only papi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom