OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honorable mention 01' Patriots, 06' Colts 
hahahaha 06 Colts.... As a huge Peyton fan... That Defense was so trash during the regular season.... Got hot during the playoffs

Held Kansas City and Baltimore to 6 points and made a timely pick of Brady in the AFCCG... and had the fortune of going up against the worst starting QB ever in the Super Bowl... But that helped the legend of Bob Sanders

This makes no sense. Think about that for a second.

The most hated football player in America would get kudos from the media for being a "competitor"…because he rejected them in a post-game presser? Huh?

Said it once and I'll say it again, these comparisons y'all do with Cam and anyone associated with the Patriots are usually way, WAY off. :lol:  They both get picked apart for every little insignificant **** that takes place. Stop it.

I agree with the rest of what you said @PleaseSayTheBaby23

Hated by who...certainly not the media? Brady gets Peyton Manning levels of slack from the media. Who's killing Tom Brady for sulking on the sidelines and screaming at the refs? Did anybody kill Peyton for basically throwing his whole O-line under the bus after that loss to the Steelers....

Do fans hate the Patriots/Brady...absolutely, but the media certainly doesn't.

@Rolaholic  I wouldn't give Peyton more credit than the Colts defense for that '06 Superbowl. 

Peyton carried their weak ***** to the playoffs, then they returned the favor and turned up after he had 3 TD's / 7 INT's for that entire run.

Superbowls are team accomplishments though. I don't believe in putting it on individual players. Gotta get hot at the right time, have more breaks go your way, very little to no major health issues, etc. You need more things to fall in line than the other team in order to make that run and win. There's no real science or "right way" to do it. That's why I don't put as much emphasis on SB victories than most (when judging careers).

@Rolaholic
 I wouldn't give Peyton more credit than the Colts defense for that '06 Superbowl. 

Peyton carried their weak ***** to the playoffs, then they returned the favor and turned up after he had 3 TD's / 7 INT's for that entire run.

Superbowls are team accomplishments though. I don't believe in putting it on individual players. Gotta get hot at the right time, have more breaks go your way, very little to no major health issues, etc. You need more things to fall in line than the other team in order to make that run and win. There's no real science or "right way" to do it. That's why I don't put as much emphasis on SB victories than most (when judging careers).

"All you need is Quarterback"[emoji]8482[/emoji]

@Rolaholic
 I wouldn't give Peyton more credit than the Colts defense for that '06 Superbowl. 

"All you need is Quarterback"[emoji]8482[/emoji]

I've BEEN waiting on this. :lol: :pimp:

"You can’t be dabbin’, smiling, styling and profiling when you win, and then this is how you lose"
-Deion Sanders

That defense gave up 34 in the AFCCG where they were down 21-3 before anything...Peytons the one who orchestrated that epic comeback so I tend to give him a bit more credit than his D that only showed up in January for that ring. Any other QB and TB might have 5 rings by now.

SB titles being team accomplments is almost redundant at this point though when talking about the ultimate team sport :lol:.

Last edited:
The difference between the reaction/non reaction to that Peyton story and Cams "tantrum" last night is telling...

Last edited:
6 Super Bowls down, 4 to go in this decade...

6 different teams have won it so far...Who will be the dynasty of this decade?

Last edited:
Hated by who...certainly not the media? Brady gets Peyton Manning levels of slack from the media. Who's killing Tom Brady for sulking on the sidelines and screaming at the refs? Did anybody kill Peyton for basically throwing his whole O-line under the bus after that loss to the Steelers....

Do fans hate the Patriots/Brady...absolutely, but the media certainly doesn't.
Alright, man. You been under a rock the last 365 days, my dude? 
laugh.gif

Respect for accomplishments =/= feelings about him as a player. Looks like you got that confused too...

Last edited:
By the way, this is getting overlooked by all of the Super Bowl shenanigans, but

aqDwC.png

to Beast Mode.

Whooped the Niners *** when they played but nothing but respect for that man. Kept it 100 the entire time he played and never changed for the clowns upstairs/in the media.

Last edited:
By the way, this is getting overlooked by all of the Super Bowl shenanigans, but

aqDwC.png

to Beast Mode.

Whooped the Niners *** when they played but nothing but respect for that man. Kept it 100% the entire time he played and never changed for the clowns upstairs/in the media.
agreed. beast mode kept it real. always was a fan. 
pimp.gif
 wanted him to come try to win a ring with the cowboys but it is what it is. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom