OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't we just say it was a good matchup?  Normal clearly affected him and shut him down at times.  At the begging of the game and at the end, beckham had some good plays.  why do we need to say there was definitively a winner or loser from the matchup?  Its about what you would expect when two great players are going at it.

put that brady pic in a spoiler man. :lol:

17378_tom_brady_vman_091807_04-435x580.jpg

I'd just take the highest possible spot we could get in the draft. Could help us get a better defense.

Knowing the Giants organization, we'll draft another offensive lineman or two early just for them to never play

You have no clue what you're talking about. Norman got beat badly numerous times. One was a drop. One was a missed pass by Eli. One was a touchdown. Odell moved because he's also dangerous in the slot and Finnegan is trash. If Odell catches that first touchdown we aren't even having this conversation.

I acknowledged Norman got beat on some plays but to say Norman didn't play well is just wrong. Dude had great coverage on several occassions, there's 60-70 plays for each team in an NFL game but the 2 or 3 times ODB made a play means Norman didn't play well right. Holding Odell under 100 yards receiving for the first time since week 7 was a fluke huh...

Norman got in his head AND defended him well and your boy lost it to the point where he went head hunting, dropped passes he usually catches, and caught a one game suspension...#Facts

You have no clue what you're talking about. Norman got beat badly numerous times. One was a drop. One was a missed pass by Eli. One was a touchdown. Odell moved because he's also dangerous in the slot and Finnegan is trash. If Odell catches that first touchdown we aren't even having this conversation.
I acknowledged Norman got beat on some plays but to say Norman didn't play well is just wrong. Dude had great coverage on several occassions, there's 60-70 plays for each team in an NFL game but the 2 or 3 times ODB made a play means Norman didn't play well right. Holding Odell under 100 yards receiving for the first time since week 7 was a fluke huh...

Norman got in his head AND defended him well and your boy lost it to the point where he went head hunting, dropped passes he usually catches, and caught a one game suspension...#Facts
He made one play on Odell. One. Uno. Un. Ichi. Show me the videos of this great coverage. You won't be able to find them, cause he wasn't even on him half the time lol. You're thirsty for the narrative.

Guarantee he'll be playing this Sunday.

NFL Films has video of the Panthers players swinging the bats in pregame motioning them towards Beckham. And I'm sure plenty of mics picked up Panthers players shouting homophobic slurs to him during and prior to the game. Plus they already flexed this week's Giants game to primetime on SNF. The league needs him out there.

Last edited:
i dunno how the process works but can OBJ appeal and possibly play this week and then just serve the suspension week 17?

(fantasy hopeful)

Beckham and Norman lined up across from each other on 56 snaps in this game, and the only times that didn’t really happen was when Beckham moved to the slot (18 snaps).

What was the outcome? Beckham was thrown at nine times overall (seven with Norman in coverage), catching six of them (four vs. Norman) for 76 yards (30), a TD (one) and two drops (two).
Norman emerged on the winning team and with a reasonable-looking performance statistically, despite getting beat for a score late, but he was torched deep on a couple of occasions earlier in the game only for Beckham to drop the ball or Giants quarterback Eli Manning to miss the throw. 
But I guess jokes & storylines > facts, so yeah.

Do you guys forget that people are running into each other at full speed, taking each others heads off, screaming at each other, and basically trying to separate the players from the ball with huge hits?  What do you think we are watching on sundays??? who cares if they have bats during the pregame?  If they use the bats and hit people during pregame.... then we have a problem!

Logged into the coli, and it's on fire right now haha. Cats jumping in talking about how they played at a higher level of football than the next man. Then he gets roasted for playing in the arena league.

I lost it when someone referred to Odell as "their mango wide receiver".

CWtJp5wUYAA4M7M.jpg

Last edited:
Beckham and Norman lined up across from each other on 56 snaps in this game, and the only times that didn’t really happen was when Beckham moved to the slot (18 snaps).

What was the outcome? Beckham was thrown at nine times overall (seven with Norman in coverage), catching six of them (four vs. Norman) for 76 yards (30), a TD (one) and two drops (two).
Norman emerged on the winning team and with a reasonable-looking performance statistically, despite getting beat for a score late, but he was torched deep on a couple of occasions earlier in the game only for Beckham to drop the ball or Giants quarterback Eli Manning to miss the throw. 

But I guess jokes & storylines > facts, so yeah.

Exactly. ODB had his way with him during the plays and after the plays. That's why Norman is going on his media run today. His pride his hurt, probably physically hurt too.

View media item 1837713

I have so many problems with yesterday. I've never seen Coughlin like that. 2-3 years ago, Coughlin is benching him for a series or the game depending on the player. You're not gonna bench ODB for an entire game but Coughlin would have sat him for a series or two, which I thought he should have.

Listen to Eli talk about it now, guy cracks me up. So country and slow but that's my QB.

Yea odb had more to do with stopping himself than Norman did..

He had the dropped td (no clue if Norman was covering).. And he was open in the endzone for another one (again don't know if Norman was covering) and Eli couldn't get it to him because of the pass rush

Last edited:
finally saw that not Ray Lewis video of him asking "what OBJ stand fo' anyways?"

Probably the Orange Beyoncé juice he dip his hair in or
Online Booty Jumping videos while the other boy jammin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom