OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning headline. Tom Brady is asking for rule changes to protect WRs that will prevent defenders from hitting low.

I thought he was going to cry about it more than he did. I was glad he seemed to understand I mean what can defenders do, Harrison said this would happen years ago

Edit - I see he made further comments like you referenced. Ok Tom, let's make it even easier for you to hit WRs in the middle with no repercussions :smh:

Last edited:
What would Brady have done 20 years ago? Take his deflated ball and go home I guess. He's to best in the soft era.

I mean if defensive players are protected from those similar low chop blocks,what's wrong with banning the kind of hits where you have guys launching themselves at the knees/legs like human torpedoes? That's where some of the worst injuries come from. That would save a lot of ACL's man.

What would Brady have done 20 years ago? Take his deflated ball and go home I guess. He's to best in the soft era.

Those rules protecting receivers didn't really come on until '05 iirc,he was doing alright before that. You can thank Irsay/Polian for those changes though

Last edited:
I mean, he probably figured conspiring with your owner who sits on the rules committee to get rules changed by crying worked out for the Colts maybe he should take a whack at it.

:lol:

I always thought about if I ever hit it really big in DFS, I'd take like 10-15 NT'ers I've talked to all the time over the last 10 years to Vegas for something like the first weekend of March Madness.

I mean if defensive players are protected from those similar low chop blocks,what's wrong with banning the kind of hits where you have guys launching themselves at the knees/legs like human torpedoes? That's where some of the worst injuries come from. That would save a lot of ACL's man.
Those rules protecting receivers didn't really come on until '05 iirc,he was doing alright before that. You can thank Irsay/Polian for those changes though

Chop blocks aren't 'bang bang' type plays nor come with the speed of DBs and WRs colliding. Apples and oranges IMO

Last edited:
Make them sign waivers and give us real football again. This concussion thing is getting on my nerves. Everyone crying for safety I'm sure enjoys a good boxing match. Hypocrites.

Make them sign waivers and give us real football again. This concussion thing is getting on my nerves. Everyone crying for safety I'm sure enjoys a good boxing match. Hypocrites.

I've said this since the beginning, there is no way to make tackle football "safe". The NFL would be better served to say to all the players if you choose to play this game you may do irrepairable harm to your body and mind. They won't because they think people will no longer play the sport or parents won't allow kids to play.

NE is always crying about some ****. It's ridiculous. Can't hit them low, where do you hit them? Gronk acting like he's coming back from heart surgery and ****.

I've said this since the beginning, there is no way to make tackle football "safe". The NFL would be better served to say to all the players if you choose to play this game you may do irrepairable harm to your body and mind. They won't because they think people will no longer play the sport or parents won't allow kids to play.

You can't make this game safe without changing the sport fundamentally. I'm not advocating targeting and all that but it's getting to the point it's all offense and very little defense. With the exception of a few teams. Seahawks for example.

Chop blocks aren't 'bang bang' type plays nor come with the speed of DBs and WRs colliding. Apples and oranges IMO

They're both plays that target below the waist and have led to injuries which was my point...

Not sure what other ways you'd be able to stop the epidemic of lower body injuries lately.

Last edited:
You can't make this game safe without changing the sport fundamentally. I'm not advocating targeting and all that but it's getting to the point it's all offense and very little defense. With the exception of a few teams. Seahawks for example.

Exactly...the NFL is gonna be Arena football in a few years if they keep going this route. As a lover of defense that would totally suck IMO.

Last edited:
Imagining my grandkids tuning into the National Frisbee League on Sundays :lol:

Brady can cry all he wants when the Eagles go into Foxboro and...

o5t3ris.gif

Why is the Asian wrestler selling? How can grabbing a mans junk hurt you? Is that Rick Rude? If it hurts why not let go? What year and organization is this? So many questions I have.

I agree. What's worst is that they lead with the helmet when they try to go low, and saw this a lot during the broncos game.

Cut blocks are still allowed which is kind of like a defender hitting a reciever low.

A chop block is where one guy is blocking a defender then another blocker comes and hits the defender blow the waist.

Last edited:
Most players in the league, past & present, will tell you they'd rather get hit in the head than the knees. That's the reality of it.

Those that have gone through major knee injuries like Gronk and Brady will always be predisposed to being super sensitive on the subject.

Brady basically admitted he feels guilty whenever one of his guys gets hurt because he believes if he threw the ball at a better location, the receiver would've had a chance to protect himself. Which is probably true in some cases. He explicitly said it's something he always considers right before every throw he makes.

Context matters.

Sunday clearly needs to hurry up and get here because we're at the point where weak *** filler headlines become the topic of conversation.

Last edited:
Morning headline. Tom Brady is asking for rule changes to protect WRs that will prevent defenders from hitting low.

I thought he was going to cry about it more than he did. I was glad he seemed to understand I mean what can defenders do, Harrison said this would happen years ago

Edit - I see he made further comments like you referenced. Ok Tom, let's make it even easier for you to hit WRs in the middle with no repercussions :smh:

this is being taken WAY THE **** out of context...as the ******* media usually does.

he didnt ask for a rule change. he said (paraphrased), "DL's legs get protected, LB's legs get protected, why don't defenseless WR?"

he also said, he doesn't blame defenders for going low. "it's the only way they're allowed to hit nowadays" :lol:

people love spinning **** :lol:

Last edited:
NE is always crying about some ****. It's ridiculous. Can't hit them low, where do you hit them? Gronk acting like he's coming back from heart surgery and ****.

you're beyond misinformed on this. please don't read one quote taken from an entire discussion and say some asinine **** like this, man. it's not a good look :lol:

What Brady is saying is insane. The reason WR legs aren't protected is because the defense has to tackle them somehow. LB and DL aren't getting tackled. Going low on them isn't the same as a WR.

What Brady is saying is insane. The reason WR legs aren't protected is because the defense has to tackle them somehow. LB and DL aren't getting tackled. Going low on them isn't the same as a WR.

again, if you listened to EVERYTHING Brady said, he said he doesn't blame defenders for going low. he knows it's the only way they're allowed to hit :lol:

y'all like hyenas when it comes to NE and Brady, man :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom