Official New York Knicks Season Thread

will any of the preseason games be on TV. I need my fill.
TEAMCOWBOYS
Free BMXDMX​
""
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball​

Thursday is the first pre-season game on MSG.

THEGR8 as far as Starks' (who is my favorite Knick ever) his number wont be retired and I agree that it should not. I know he was a fan favorite but if he along with Oakley had a won a ring with their Knicks both of their numbers would be up in the rafters right with #33. But he didn't and the only way you are getting up there without winning a ring is if you have ridiculous stats across the board like Ewing who is the Knicks all-time leader in many categories.

I know we all have players we loved...but management cant just go around retiring everyone that was a fan favorite.
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

We just so happened to be playin against this guy named Michael Jordan, beating him was never a walk in the park.... Even if we didn't bring a title back to NY, those dudes played their @#%$ off and should be acknowledged.

I wonder if Allan Houston will be in any of the upcoming pre season games, should be interesting to see what he can do.
Shoes for YOU...YES YOU

The Post has learned a major reason rookie Demetris Nichols' draft stock fell from a first-round bubble pick to a late second-rounder (53) was a false medical test he took at Orlando's pre-draft camp in which he tested positive for hepatitis C.

After the Knicks traded for his rights, the test came back clean. However, Nichols' chances of making the club over Fred Jones are slim.

The Knicks consider Jones a much better defender and he has a guaranteed pact.

There's also belief Thomas wants to keep Jones, whom he drafted in Indiana, for support in the locker room.

TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

TEAMNEWYORKMETS​

Does anyone know if hte Knicks will have their open practice at the Garden again this year???
TEAMCOWBOYS
Free BMXDMX​
""
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball​

2007 Knicks Open Practice

The Knicks invite all fans to a free Open Practice on Saturday, October 20 at the David S. Mack Sports and Exhibition Complex at Hofstra University in Hempstead, NY! Come see the Knicks in action as our exciting young roster, including newcomers Zach Randolph and Wilson Chandler, take the court in their annual practice open to the public.

Doors open at 11:00 am. Practice begins at 12:00 pm.

* Watch the entire Knicks team in an open practice led by coach Isiah Thomas
* Knicks Blue vs. Orange scrimmage
* On-court contests
* Win prizes
* Performances by the Knicks City Dancers

Reserved seating is available for Knicks Season Subscribers. Please call your Account Executive at (212) 465-6050 for more information. General admission seating for the public is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Limited seating is available.
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

TEAMNEWYORKMETS​

Quote:
I wonder if Allan Houston will be in any of the upcoming pre season games, should be interesting to see what he can do.
:nerd:
nerd.gif
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Quote:
those dudes played their off and should be acknowledged.

You are right....they will get a John Starks or Charles Oakley night but their numbers wont get retired. As much as I would love to see it....it is not going to happen for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Quote:
There's also belief Thomas wants to keep Jones, whom he drafted in Indiana, for support in the locker room.
:smh:
smh.gif
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Quote:
Allan Houston is expected to announce his comeback with the Knicks in the next 24 hours, a source told 1050 ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand.

Houston, 36, said he wants to return to the NBA because he did not leave by choice. In 2005, Houston retired because of an arthritic left knee. He has not played a full NBA season since 2002-03, when he scored a career-high 22.5 points per game. Over the next two years, he only played 70 games.

"It's really like I never got to finish. You ever been cut off in midsentence and never been able to finish what you were saying? It feels like I get to finish now ... Of course I want to win, but this quest to me is more about being able to play again while I still can," Houston said in a recent interview with ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

Houston said he still believes he can make an impact in the NBA.

"I believe I can still have an impact on the game. A lot of my friends and people are saying, 'You should go for three more years if you feel good!' I'm just thinking about this year right now. If things go like I think they will, playing longer would be something to think about," he said.

Houston, who worked as an analyst for ESPN last season, was given a much-criticized $100 million, six-year contract extension in 2001 from the Knicks. The deal made him virtually untradeable once he began to get hurt and crippled the Knicks' ability to make moves because of salary cap woes.

Houston averaged 17.3 points during his 12 NBA seasons. He shot 40.2 percent from 3-point range.

After spending his first three seasons in Detroit, Houston signed with the Knicks, who hoped he would be the outside shooting complement they needed to Patrick Ewing.

Houston helped New York to an improbable spot in the 1999 NBA Finals, when his running jumper in the closing seconds of the deciding Game 5 knocked off the top-seeded Miami Heat in the first round.

Andrew Marchand is the managing editor of 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
sports.espn.go.com/nba/ne...id=3057170
TEAMGIANTS|TEAMYANKEES|NYK...BASKETBALL
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

Wow

I don't know if I wana see this or not

He will be a good influence on the young guys tho
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

As long as he still has that jumper.

But if he gets a free pass 'cause he's Dolan's golf buddy, I don't like it.

But really, Nichols can't do that? :\
ohwell.gif
HOYAS

LOL @ Nichols potentially having Hepatitis.

Allan Houston is wildin'

Knicks gonna put it on Tel Aviv tonight, but Will Bynum is still a beast.

Quote:
The Knicks are softer than ice cream down low, and nothing has changed from Frye to Z-bo. In an offense than can certainly fill it up from the likes of Curry, Marbury, Crawford, Richardson, and lets not forget Lee, exactly how much did we need the likes of Zach Randolph? I will say this though, Z-bo will lessen the amount of double and triple teams Curry sees per night, and thats a major plus. But the same can be said if you were to replace Randolph with Artest. Therefore, I would rather see artest here than Z-bo. He did not fill any void in the Knick roster.
:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS

Is Nate Robinson a NT'er??

gr8life.msnbc.com/ :nerd:
nerd.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
HOYAS

Yea, THE GR8, I had all but forgotten the cancer that was Francis.

H20! I don't know........................
Starbury is headed to Italy in a few. Now we need a more youthier PG.​
Real Recognize Real xTEAM [Scrubs]

Quote:
With the maximum 15 players already under contract, the Knicks don't necessarily have room for Houston. But if he can still play -- and guard Jamal Crawford said during workouts Houston proved he could -- Thomas would find a way to keep him.

"If he's that good, I mean if he's the Allan Houston that we know and we haven't seen him in a while but if he's that good a player, we want good players," Thomas said. "If we're in a position where a player can help us, we definitely will look at him and make room for him."
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS

Quote:
Knicks sign former star Allan Houston, 2 years after knee pain forced him to retire
By BRIAN MAHONEY, AP Basketball Writer
October 10, 2007

New York Knicks guard Allan Houston pumps his fist after hittng a three-point shot late in the fourth quarter against the Sacramento Kings, in this Nov. 7, 2003 file photo, at Madison Square Garden in New York. Houston is rejoining the New York Knicks, two years after knee pain forced him to walk away. The Knicks re-signed their former star guard Wednesday and expect him to begin his attempt to make the team at practice Friday.
AP - Oct 10, 5:34 pm EDT
More Photos

NEW YORK (AP) -- Allan Houston is rejoining the New York Knicks, two years after knee pain forced him to walk away.

The Knicks re-signed their former star guard Wednesday and expect him to begin his attempt to make the team at practice Friday.

Once one of the NBA's best outside shooters, Houston retired two years ago this month after chronic knee pain limited him to 70 games over the previous two seasons. Now at age 36, he's trying to make it back with the team he led to an improbable berth in the 1999 NBA finals.

"After much thought and prayer, I have decided to return to the NBA as a member of the New York Knicks," Houston said in a statement. "I have worked extremely hard in the last year and a half to accomplish my dream of playing in the NBA again."

"After my wife and I were blessed with the birth of our fourth child last week, I realized that New York is where I am supposed to be, and the Knick uniform is the one I want to wear. I have seen the Garden in some of its best moments, and I truly believe that this team is on the verge of experiencing that again. This team is hungry and energetic. I hope to contribute in the weeks and months ahead."

ADVERTISEMENT
Houston had also considered making his comeback with the New Jersey Nets, but has remained close to the Knicks organization. He was captain of the team for six seasons.

Houston is not expected to be in uniform Thursday when the Knicks host Maccabi Tel Aviv in their preseason home opener.

With the maximum 15 players already under contract, the Knicks don't necessarily have room for Houston. But if he can still play -- and guard Jamal Crawford said during workouts Houston proved he could -- coach Isiah Thomas would find a way to keep him.

"If he's that good, I mean if he's the Allan Houston that we know and we haven't seen him in a while but if he's that good a player, we want good players," Thomas said after practice. "If we're in a position where a player can help us, we definitely will look at him and make room for him."

After spending his first three seasons in Detroit, Houston signed with the Knicks and became one of the top players in franchise history. He has scored 11,165 regular-season points for New York, putting him fourth behind Patrick Ewing, Walt Frazier and Willis Reed on the team's career list.

His most memorable moment came in the 1999 playoffs, when his running jumper in the closing seconds of the deciding Game 5 gave New York an upset victory over top-seeded Miami in the first round. The Knicks went on to reach the finals, where they lost to San Antonio.

He signed a much-criticized $100 million, six-year contract extension in 2001 and averaged a career-best 22.5 points in 2002-03. But the knee problems severely limited him after that, and he scored only 11.9 points per game, his lowest total since he was a rookie in 20 games his final season.

Houston has no guarantees of a spot, and will have to show his legs are healthy enough to earn one. But the outside shot that helped him average 17.3 points in 12 NBA seasons was still there in recent workouts.

"Didn't miss a shot really," Crawford said. "I think he shot 100 shots and made 96 of them just to get loose. So he still can shoot."

Im From L.a but i LOVE the BAY!

where can I get a team knicks sig?

i'm way overdue.
Add some color to your life

Eat VEGETARIAN​

Quote:
Jared Jeffries, who said he would give up that number if Houston wanted it, is stuck with that number because of an NBA rule. A player can not change his number without prior notification. We're told Houston chose No. 7 instead.
>:
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom