Official New York Knicks Season Thread

ughhh, why are we keepin Fred Jones?

chandler puttin in work already, really can't begin to say how much I love that pick. He'll be starting within 2-3 years.

Z-Bo is gona have a great year in the East
HOYAS
Fear Is Back. Dominance Is Next.

id rather keep nichols at this point too...1 guy that can defend on the perimeter in fred jones is not gonna make up for an entire front line that cant block a shot...we might as well try to outscore the other team
<br>email me: [email protected]<br>or aim: y0fallback

Stephon Marbury is :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS

I HATE fred jones. ever when he won the dunk title...dude was overhyped and garbage
TEAM TEK WEH YUH SELF
If Yuh Nuh Like We, Tek Weh Yuh Self!​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

knicks fans are going to love z-bo...i'm sure most havent really seen him play, but i'm going to tell everyone as a blazers fan, dude is one of the best PF's in the league...he can shoot, play in the paint and he has that "motor" most skilled players lack.
Nebraska Cornhuskers Jackson State University
Bengals & TrailBlazers fan since '88
Omaha, NE born & raised living in Dallas; still a longhorn haterwww.myspace.com/rafaeldagreat

only reason fred jones is on the team is because he is friends with zeke. i been telling ya that since we made that trade.
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Damn, why y'all hate Fred Jones?

He's a solid defender on the perimeter, which is something we seriously lack.
TEAMGIANTS|TEAMYANKEES|NYK...BASKETBALL
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

I'd rather see the young guys play

Plus, I haven't liked the guy since he played at Oregon
HOYAS
Fear Is Back. Dominance Is Next.

Quote:
He's a solid defender on the perimeter, which is something we seriously lack.

1 good perimeter defender is not gonna make up for everything else we lack on D. Hell, Jeffries is a great perimeter defender and we all know how well he did last year.

Quote:
1 good perimeter defender is not gonna make up for everything else we lack on D. Hell, Jeffries is a great perimeter defender and we all know how well he did last year.
:lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMGIANTS|TEAMYANKEES|NYK...BASKETBALL
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

knicks= :pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Team Weezy F.

Imma Monster Everyday Is Halloween"​
<!-----<span style="color:000066;font-size:xx-large;">O<!-----[/u]​

Quote:
So you recommend that we just give up on perimeter defense, unless we can acquire a bunch of perimeter defenders all at once? :lol:
laugh.gif

pretty much...were not the same knicks team that lead the league in points allowed in the early 90s. were a young and very athletic team. we need to run and gun. we have zero enforcers inside, no one willing to knock somebody down (with the exception of collins). our best shot at winning, or even making the playoffs is to outscore the other team, not try to stop them from scoring. i think isiah loses sight of what personnel he has here. i loved the way we played 10-15 years ago. I'd give anything to have a team like that back. even someone who averages more than 1 block per game would be nice. but we dont have a single player that's similar to anyone from that era. time to use who we have the best we can and just let em shoot. with the team we have i'd be shocked if we keep our opponents under 100 ppg. we should hopefully average 102

Let me throw in my $00.02 here.

In all honesty, the Knicks have a decent defense, that can only flourish when pressured. Furthermore, from what I saw last year, our players can't balance an entire game eqaully between defense and offense. Suffice it to say that few teams do this very well, but it certainly is possible. The number one example in this theory of unbalance is Steph. As stated above me, he can shut down some of the premier guards, but whether or not the task becomes too overwhelming, will disappear on the other end of the court. I know our success will come at the offensive end, no one will doubt that, but as long as we have a somewhat decent hold of the perimeter D, those games we should have won will become the games we will win.

I will say this though, I still think Z-bo was the wrong move, and Artest should have been pursued stronger. Instead of becoming a Phoenix "knock-off", which is what Zeke is striving towards, we should learn from Phoenix's style that it is not necessarily playoff applicable.
Starbury is headed to Italy in a few. Now we need a more youthier PG.​
Real Recognize Real xTEAM [Scrubs]

THE GR8...i agreed...id like to see artest back in NY too...but in terms of D i think our biggest need is a shot blocker...Q has been great when healthy guarding the elite 2s and 3s in the league...and hopefully jeffries will improve...and we all know what a great job steph did last year...but theres no one stopping anything on the inside when the perimeter defenders do get beat...i petition to being back camby

:smokin
smokin.gif

Just like last year....Q-Rich is the glue to this team. If he can stay healthy and contribute his balanced offense, long range shot and lock down defense...we are in the playoffs. If he misses a bunch of games with injuries again...we are back to 4th place in the Atlantic.

Quote:
I still think Z-bo was the wrong move, and Artest should have been pursued stronger.
:smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif

EDIT: i also wanted to talk bout this...
Quote:
I'm not callin for a retired jersey, but there's only One #2 in Knicks recent history to me..wait a few years
:smile:
smile.gif
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS

i missed the game because my TV doesnt work. ARGHHH >:
mad.gif
Team New York
4L8O15S16T23!42
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

The GR8, I understand that thinking, however, scoring was not the void we needed to fill. The Knicks are softer than ice cream down low, and nothing has changed from Frye to Z-bo. In an offense than can certainly fill it up from the likes of Curry, Marbury, Crawford, Richardson, and lets not forget Lee, exactly how much did we need the likes of Zach Randolph? I will say this though, Z-bo will lessen the amount of double and triple teams Curry sees per night, and thats a major plus. But the same can be said if you were to replace Randolph with Artest. Therefore, I would rather see artest here than Z-bo. He did not fill any void in the Knick roster.
Starbury is headed to Italy in a few. Now we need a more youthier PG.​
Real Recognize Real xTEAM [Scrubs]

Back
Top Bottom