OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Camby get off the books before 2010 too
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MeloVP

unless they plan on using MC as a chip in another trade, i really don't see how this makes sense for the clips

him playing the four only gives him more of an excuse to jack up more shots from 20 feet out

i'll trade mc for zach randolph right now
Oh hell yea I'll be down for that.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

ROBERSON DEAL COULD BE END FOR MARBURY[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]
Last updated: 6:59 am
July 16, 2008
Posted: 3:42 am
July 16, 2008

LAS VEGAS - The KnicksNew York Knicks
t.gif
have agreed in principle on a two-year contract to sign free-agent guard Anthony Roberson, with thedeal likely to expediate the departure of Stephon MarburyStephon Marbury
t.gif
, The Post has learned.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh appeared to be waiting to add another backcourt player before he made a move with Marbury. And now he feels he has it inRoberson, a 6-2 combo guard who is playing for the Knicks summer-league team here and excelled in his debut, scoring 22 points, including three 3-pointers.

Roberson played for Memphis and Golden State before last season when he competed for teams in Jerusalem and Istanbul.

The signing will give the Knicks 16 players with guaranteed contracts - one over the limit. The Knicks also have considered waiving center Jerome JamesJerome James
t.gif
, who played five minutes last season and still has knee pain.

Walsh is still looking for point-guard help through a trade.

The Knicks insisted there is no truth to a summer-league rumor that Marbury would be released by week's end. Marbury, who still could be traded, saidyesterday he hasn't been approached. In fact, interestingly, Marbury has not yet dined with coach Mike D'Antoni, who has consulted several otherveterans on whether they view Marbury as a divisive force in the locker room.

While he's been complimentary of all his guards, D'Antoni has spoken very little about Marbury, 31, this week and his apparent doomed status is asignal the Knicks are in clear rebuilding mode with an eye on another lottery pick. They view Marbury as a potential divisive force despite his exceptionalskill level.

Roberson, who played at Florida, said contract details were being finalized. A source said the first year of Roberson's salary will be at the minimumfor players in their third season ($790,000). Still to be determined is whether the second year is at the team's option.

Roberson's agent is Chris Lucci, who also represented Wilson Chandler, Isiah Thomas' last draft pick who excelled in the summer-league opener Mondaywith 26 points.

D'Antoni raved about Roberson earlier this week but admitted being concerned Roberson would draw so much attention another team would invite him totraining camp. So the Knicks decided to lock him up.

"He really can shoot," D'Antoni said Sunday.

"A lot of people compare him to Jennaro Pargo, Eddie House, Daniel Gibson," Lucci said. "He can come off the bench in that style play and putup buckets."

Roberson started at shooting guard alongside Mardy Collins Monday against Cleveland. Then he slid over to point guard when Collins was out of the game.

After signing point guard Chris Duhon last week, Walsh said he also was trying to add one more shooter to the roster. And Walsh may now feel his backcourtcan survived without Marbury. However, one league executive said Duhon is a top-10 backup point guard and not a full-time starter.

D'Antoni feels Nate Robinson has perfect skills to excel in his running offense. "That guy [Robinson] is like a rocket out there,"D'Antoni said. "If we can open the court up for him, it will make him that more dangerous."

Roberson played 15 games with Memphis in 2005-2006, and 20 games for the Warriors in 2006-2007.

Following his 14-point summer-league debut in which he took a physical pounding, rookie Danilo Gallinari missed practice with a sore back yesterday andlikely will sit out today's game vs. San Antonio, resting up for Friday vs. the Suns.

[email protected]

D'Antoni feels Nate Robinson has perfect skills to excel in his running offense. "That guy [Robinson] is like a rocket out there," D'Antoni said. "If we can open the court up for him, it will make him that more dangerous."
looks like Nate Robinson is here to stay also

Wow, Roberson looked great, but I didn't expect a 2-year deal already.

Steph's gone. Good riddance.

where are we getting the money to sign roberson? we're over the cap and used the full MLE on duhon? so how is it that we can sign him?

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

where are we getting the money to sign roberson? we're over the cap and used the full MLE on duhon? so how is it that we can sign him?

get back to work, dr. bobbo

steph is beyond done

james need to go too, but that seems like a delicate situation, he has negative value for a trade, soi he'll probably just end up getting waived

jeffries should as well, because with my four eyes, i've never seen him contribute anything of substance to the knicks

other than those two, i would be content with srating the seson with the roster we have now, letting the youngns get more experience, and more losses

let zach drop 25 and 10 a night so we can trade him to a contender midseason, and the year can be seen as a success

Only thing Jared did positive was handling business in the brawl...I got a little respect for him just for that.

Back
Top Bottom