OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

What did I say back a few days ago??? I knew this dude Gallo would get hurt!!
grin.gif
roll.gif
relax

I took a lot at Q's shooting percentages over his career now that he's back in this system..

It's really, really horrendous.

Let the young guys play

I think that season has been overrated.

He chucked 8, EIGHT three's a game.

Shot 36% from 3...decent. But at his size and strength he should live on the block against other 2's and 3's.

^I must say those are valid and fair points. I did not realize the shootig percentage was that low....I was aware of the attempts though. I would have to agreethe season is a bit overrated. However I think he wlll be more productive this season.

His 06-07 season was good (when he played)

The other 2 here were just downright awful.

I don't trust his health.

Q staying on the court takes minutes away from Chandler and possibly Gallo though.

I personally actually respect Q. Last season he was one of the few players who showed any heart/fire. He puts forth effort on the defensive end, and can be anice rotation player. Truth is he's not that good though, and I would prefer to see the Knicks commit to the young guys. Q should still get some minutes,maybe more at SG than SF, but I'm not expecting him to have a career revival or anything.

I agree.

The problem now is I don't think he can play the 2...his feet are too slow defensively.

It's a log jam right now at the 3.

IMO, I'd rather see Gallo, Chandler and even Balkman see more time than Q.

I think we're gona see a lot of small ball this season.

[table][tr][td] [/td] [td]
Update your preferences

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]IN THE PAINT[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
Dear NYK Orange and Blue

The Knicks invite you to join our family!

[h1] NEW YORK KNICKS
OPEN HOUSE
NEW SALES EVENT[/h1] [h1] THURSDAY, JULY 24th
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Madison Square Garden[/h1]
Join us and have the opportunity to purchase a Knicks ticket plan at this exclusive event at the World's Most Famous Arena! You'll be able to choose your exact full season subscription seat for the 2008-09 season. Great seat locations are currently available within the following price points: $87, $74, $56, $40, and $25 per seat locations. Click here to view the Knicks seating chart.

In addition, you'll also have the chance to:
  • Meet Knicks legend Walt "Clyde" Frazier
  • Enjoy FREE Food
  • Meet the Knicks City Dancers

If you purchase a ticket plan on Thursday, July 24th, you'll have the exclusive opportunity to:
  • See your name in lights on Gardenvision
  • Take home a framed picture of one of your favorite current Knicks or Knicks alum

RSVP by Wednesday, July 23rd to have the chance to win 2 courtside tickets to a 2008-09 Knicks home game* AND receive a
FREE Knicks gift
when you sign in on July 24th. You can RSVPby calling a Knicks Ticket Representative at
(212) 465-6073. Gifts are limited so be sure to RSVP today!

[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td] E-mail this to a friend[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table] [/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table][h3] [/h3] [table][tr][td]
wheelchair.jpg
[/td] [td] Madison Square Garden has the following available for people with disabilities: Wheelchair, Designated Aisle Transfer and Companion Seats; Accessible Restrooms and Assistive Listening Devices. Please call Ticketmaster, visit the Garden Box Office or contact the MSG Disabled Services Department at (212)465-6034.[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I agree.

The problem now is I don't think he can play the 2...his feet are too slow defensively.

It's a log jam right now at the 3.

IMO, I'd rather see Gallo, Chandler and even Balkman see more time than Q.

I think we're gona see a lot of small ball this season.

whoa now.

i truly believe that this year, everyone is gonna hustle.

and since he's the least skilled player on the team (maybe ahead of jared jeffries but jerome james showed in the past he knows how to put the ball inthe hole (not saying he's worth two nickels but w/e)), his value to the team is gonna diminish
if we're gonna run small ball, the forward spot isfull, with zach, lee, will, 'nilo, (in that order) ahead of him, and then jeffries is still there, even though he'll probably end up inactive for mostgames (wishful thinking)

q is MUCH more valuable than balkman at this juncture, i'm sure they can find somebody for him to guard whenever he's on the floor

He's 29 and will only be here for 2 more years.

I'd prefer to see if Balkman can become a rotation player.

but since we have 16 contracts, and you start talking about who's expendable, and obviously options would be limited in moving either JJ, balkman may bethe top name on that list

if you have a team where everybody is playing hard, then he can contribute absolutely nothing (at this point in his career to this team) to the knicks

q can shoot, and it is HIGHLY unlikely that balkman will develop a mid range, let a lone a three point game

To me though...he's done little here to make me think he can shoot the ball.

He's valuable in other ways...and those ways he has chosen to go away from

i can guarantee that he'll be more effective this year than balkman will be though

david lee is just a bigger, better version of balkman

only problem is, neither one can shoot

so if we're gonna stick with lee, it makes absolutely no sense to retain balkman

after reading this i'm glad we passed on the z-bo to clippers deal....walsh is a smart man

"To those who criticized the Knicks for not dealing Zach Randolph to the Clippers for essentially nothing _ according to Ian Thomsen of SI.com, theClippers didn't want nothing.

Instead, Thomsen reports, the Clippers wanted a future first-round draft pick (remember, the Knicks owe Utah a No. 1 in one of the next two years via along-winding road involving the Stephon Marbury deal), plus $3 million and wanted the Knicks to take Brandon Knight off their hands."

Not even IT would have done a deal that stupid

source: http://njmg.typepad.com/knickknacks/2008/07/more-on-the-zac.html

Either LAC's front office didn't get the memo that Isiah is no longer running things, or, that report is fake.

I mean, that's too stupid to be real.

We'll take Randolph off your hands, but you gotta give us a future first rounder, take Knight off our hands AND give us $3M.

The hell?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom