They couldn't stop that boy today.
pimp.gif

Ill Will
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
im feelin that.

Chandler is that dude. im starting the Chandler for MIP movement already. He is gonna be NICE, hes got talent offensively and defensively and athletisism tomatch it. Son is serious.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at the Clips

[h1]David Lee: Don't say bye to me yet[/h1]
BY ANDY MARTINO
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 12:38 AM

David Lee hopes to remain with the Knicks, and he says that Mike D'Antoni wants him back.

The forward said Saturday night that he and the coach discussed his future last week over lunch in Las Vegas. According to Lee, D'Antoni told him that while "anything can happen (and) there are stillchanges to be made, if it is up to (D'Antoni), I'll still be on the team."

When D'Antoni coached the Phoenix Suns, he told his front office notto draft Lee because he wasn't a strong enough shooter. As a result, trade rumors have swirled around Lee since D'Antoni took over, but the forwardsaid that he looks forward to playing D'Antoni's run-and-gun style. "If I preferred to play any kind of style, that would be it," he said,adding that he had no inside information about the status of much-discussed point guard Stephon Marbury.- Martino

[h1]LEE: KNICKS ARE HEADED RIGHT WAY[/h1]
[h3]By LENN ROBBINS[/h3]
Posted: 4:16 am
July 20, 2008

Knick forward David Lee, a name in every trade rumor that involves The Franchise Isiah Ravaged, acknowledged he doesn't know his future in New York.

But Lee already sees positive change in the Knicks under new coach Mike D'Antoni and GM Donnie Walsh.

"With the acquisition of Danilo Gallinari, he's a good character guy, and Chris Duhon coming in, I can see that there's a lot more positive feelings around the facility," Lee said at halftime of last night's Liberty-Fever game at Arthur Ashe Stadium.

"Character's something they want to put a premium on. There's not a big difference in the NBA between wins and losses. I think a lot of it comes down to character and chemistry. I'm glad we're moving in that direction."

Whether the Knicks complete that move with Lee remains uncertain. After three seasons, the Knicks, burdened with more bad salaries than the MTA, know they'll have to come up with a lucrative deal to retain Lee.

Lee said D'Antoni recently told him, at lunch in Las Vegas, that he wants to keep the former Florida star. And Lee doesn't want to leave the Big Apple.

"I've loved building a niche between the fans and the media," said Lee, who shelled out $17,500 of his own money to send 1,000 fans to last night's game.

"Playing in New York, after you've been here, anything else is a step down," he added. "I've been through so much in three years, I'd love to be here when it turns around."

D Lee is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but we may need to trade him because his value is high and we need all we can get right now, so it makes more sense to get value for him now than let him playfor another year and than watch him walk and get nothing in return, cause its not like we planning on winning anyway so keeping him for one more year wouldmake sense if we were a contender going for a title cause maybe that 1 year would be worth watching him walk for nothing, but we aint winning so keeping himfor a year wont make a difference and we need all we can get and his value is sky high right now.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

D Lee is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but we may need to trade him because his value is high and we need all we can get right now, so it makes more sense to get value for him now than let him play for another year and than watch him walk and get nothing in return, cause its not like we planning on winning anyway so keeping him for one more year would make sense if we were a contender going for a title cause maybe that 1 year would be worth watching him walk for nothing, but we aint winning so keeping him for a year wont make a difference and we need all we can get and his value is sky high right now.

reading this hurt my brain...how many times can you say his value is sky high, we are not winning, and we need all we can get in 1 very long run onsentence?

i REALLY don't see how lee can fit into this team

first and foremost: he can't shoot

secondly: he can't play the three, because he would get eaten alive defensively, and the only way he would get minutes is if zach is on the bench, or ifone of em plays the center

most importantly: he can't shoot

plus: i doubt the knicks can really afford to give him the contract extension he's gonna want next year

y'all are prolly gonna say "oh, he's and energy guy, he's a character guy, and he's a fan favorite"

right now, we have the first two, and not too long into the season, we'll have the last one

so, lee is the most attractive trading chip we have, and it would be foolish not to utilize it

Originally Posted by MeloVP

i REALLY don't see how lee can fit into this team

first and foremost: he can't shoot

secondly: he can't play the three, because he would get eaten alive defensively, and the only way he would get minutes is if zach is on the bench, or if one of em plays the center

most importantly: he can't shoot

plus: i doubt the knicks can really afford to give him the contract extension he's gonna want next year

y'all are prolly gonna say "oh, he's and energy guy, he's a character guy, and he's a fan favorite"

right now, we have the first two, and not too long into the season, we'll have the last one

so, lee is the most attractive trading chip we have, and it would be foolish not to utilize it

d'antoni's system doesn't rely on set positions...he plays the 5 best players..you can't tell me marion is a 4 and he seemed to dook...

what would really be foolish would be to trade ANYONE just for the sake of trading them...if the right deal comes along however then it would be foolish notto pull the trigger

Originally Posted by MeloVP

you can't tell me shawn marion shoots worse than david lee
no im telling you that i dont think d lee plays any minutes at the 3 under d'antoni...he may be a little bit undersized...but marion was much moreso...d lee is a pf on any team in the league not a sf

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

laugh.gif
@Nate getting his jersey retired in summer league.

They just stapled his jersey on the wall.

roll.gif

laugh.gif
??? what the hell??? explain this since I haven't beenfollowing the knicks summer league as of this weekend? lol

Nate Robinson Is a Summer League Icon
Posted Jul 20th 2008 7:15PM by Matt Watson (author feed)
Filed under: Knicks, Eastern, NBA Awards, Summer League

nate-robinson-retired-jersey-summer-league-240.jpg
Notes from a trip to the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas.http://nba.fanhouse.com/tag/ChrisMullin/

That's Nate Robinson's jersey hanging from the wall here at UNLV's Cox Pavilion. The reigning 2007 Vegas Summer League MVP had it retired today during a ceremony at halftime between the Knicks and Timberwolves game. He only appeared in two of New York's five games this year, but he was being honored in part for playing four straight years in the league.

He's the first player in Summer League history to receive the honor ... but for some reason, seeing his jersey hanging there cracks me up. Being named one of the best all-time players in a bunch of games that no one ever remembers seems like a backhanded compliment, no?

In any case, when asked about the ceremony last night, he seemed genuinely enthusiastic. "It's crazy, right? Yeah, it's kind of awesome. First time ever, so I'm glad I could be the first one. It's kind of cool. Maybe I'll set a new trend."

Keep reading for a better view of just how lonesome Robinson's jersey looks.http://

nate-robinson-retired-jersey-425.jpg

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2008/07/20/nate-robinson-is-a-summer-league-icon/

roll.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]KNICKS HAVE GALLINARI DOUBTS[/h1]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]
Posted: 4:05 am
July 21, 2008

The Knicks ended the Las Vegas summer-league yesterday the way they came in - unsure if 19-year-old rookie Danilo Gallinari will contribute this season.

After suffering a back injury in Monday's opener against Cleveland, the Italian Stallion missed the final four games, including yesterday's 111-91loss to Minnesota in the finale at UNLV's Cox Pavilion to finish 2-3.

A team source said the Knicks are considering resting Gallinari the remainder of the summer and request he not play for the Italian national team that getstogether in two weeks. The decision could be out of Gallinari's hands as the Italian players are threatening a strike.

In his lone game, Gallinari had an impressive seven minutes in the second half when he scored 14 points after going scoreless in the first 2½ quarters.

Gallinari's summer league raises questions on whether he'll be durable enough to withstand the NBA's physical pounding, at 6-10, 227, as arookie. A European source said Gallinari had various hamstring and knee problems in Italy, but a Knicks source said that was "growing pains."

Still, there were intangibles Donnie Walsh loved in Vegas.

"The thing I really liked what I saw from Danilo, he looked to make other players better," the Knicks president said during a guest stint on theMSG Network telecast yesterday. "When he's out on the floor, he has a sense of the game already to make his team better. I would've liked to seenhim play for the entire length but I saw enough to feel good about."

New addition Anthony Roberson racked up 23 points yesterday. Roberson gives the Knicks 16 guaranteed contracts, with Stephon Marbury in deep trouble. Walshis exhausting all trade opportunities with Marbury before deciding whether to eat $22 million. Walsh gave no indication Marbury is part of the future.

"He's worked very hard," Walsh said. "I don't know why everyone's talking about that right now. There's a certain peckingorder how you do things. You get a coach, the draft, then summer league, then trading periods. Then you start looking at a team on what judgments have to bemade."

Walsh likely will make a trade before training camp begins in Saratoga Sept. 29, with unloading Zach Randolph's contract a priority. Randolph was aVegas no-show. Turns out the Clippers tried to swipe a first-round pick from the Knicks to take Randolph off their hands, which is why Walsh declined.

"Every day I wake up to try to make the team better," Walsh said. "That's how I'm going to conduct the rest of the summer. A lot ofour players have talent but their value in the league is down."

[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom