OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

damn balkman being dumped away? dude had heart word to hustle harder tatted on his legs. smh they better not dump balkman away

Originally Posted by Krazecraze

The whole point of trading Balkman away is to save the $1.32 million. The Knicks will be waiving both Green and Jones. It would get the Knicks back to the 15-player roster limit.

Josh for Randolph and Jeffries (To replace Childress).

Exactly....not a bad trade. We all should be happy the Knicks have a plan here and are trying to shed salary. Right now its not important to ALWAYS bringback impack players....this trade also frees up to log jam at SF. I like Balkman but offensively he is limited and his trade value may never get higher. soif we can move him to shed some salary it is a great move for the team at this point.

balk is definitely the odd man out at the 3 spot...its better to dump him for nothing than to trade somebody who fill up the stat line for a second rounder

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

The whole point of trading Balkman away is to save the $1.32 million. The Knicks will be waiving both Green and Jones. It would get the Knicks back to the 15-player roster limit.

Exactly....not a bad trade. We all should be happy the Knicks have a plan here and are trying to shed salary. Right now its not important to ALWAYS bring back impack players....this trade also frees up to log jam at SF. I like Balkman but offensively he is limited and his trade value may never get higher. so if we can move him to shed some salary it is a great move for the team at this point.

Whats 1.32 million to the Knicks this year though? I'm not saying Balk will have a role on this team (although he could) because of all the bodies wehave at SF, but saving 1.32 million is nothing to Dolan and the Knicks.

If they are doing it just to get down to the 15 player limit then I like the move, but then again, they could just cut Steph if they wanna get the rosterdown to 15...
nerd.gif

^zbo + first rounder + $3 million for Brevin Knight + 2nd rounder?? no thanks...that was an easy and smart pass by Dolan

yea the balkman deal is done...i doubt green or jones ever put on a knicks uniform...MAYBE they'll get camp invites but i doubt they make the roster forthe season

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Exactly....not a bad trade. We all should be happy the Knicks have a plan here and are trying to shed salary. Right now its not important to ALWAYS bring back impack players....this trade also frees up to log jam at SF. I like Balkman but offensively he is limited and his trade value may never get higher. so if we can move him to shed some salary it is a great move for the team at this point.

Whats 1.32 million to the Knicks this year though? I'm not saying Balk will have a role on this team (although he could) because of all the bodies we have at SF, but saving 1.32 million is nothing to Dolan and the Knicks.

If they are doing it just to get down to the 15 player limit then I like the move, but then again, they could just cut Steph if they wanna get the roster down to 15...
nerd.gif
I hear you man but 1.32 mil is 1.32 mil!! Money saved is money saved. The Knicks are actually trying to shed salary and get players that fit oursystem.

[h1]More Moves Coming From Knicks?[/h1]

Jul 28, 2008 4:29 PM EST

Newsday's Ken Berger was the first member of the media to report that a trade sending Renaldo Balkman to the Denver Nuggets was in the works. Now thatthe Balkman deal is final, the paper says Donnie Walsh is working on several additional moves to reshape the Knick roster.

"I know this [Balkman trade] is nickel-and-dime," writes Alan Hahn in The Knicks Fix blog on Newsday.com, "but keep in mind this is just onedeal out of several things I'm told Donnie is trying to work on this summer. Some things work out quickly, like this deal, and the bigger contracts (i.e.:Zach Randolph) take time to make happen.

"Stay tuned . ."

Via Newsday

^Yeah the Knicks have a plan in motion and this is going to take some time. For the first time I feel really confident and proud about what our organization isdoing.

I like that we actually have a plan, and we're sticking to it. I liked Balkman, but with Gallinari and Chandler, he wasn't going to get any minutesanyway.

I feel like we're really heading in the right direction.

oh damn I just found out it was official....oh well, whatever

2nd round pick is ok

But like I said before: it's a pointless trade, they could have packaged him with Zbo (or any other player like Jerome James or Jared Jeffries )in a salarydump move......

like i said a while back in here, balkman's value on the team drops to zero if everyone plays hard

we would all like to believe that they will, so the best move was to trade him, and get a piece back

green won't make the team, and probably not bobby either, but we get the better of the two draft picks, and we parted amicably with renanldo

win-win situation.

aside from getting the roster down to 15, or talks for david lee, i think it's in the team' best interest to shut it down until the trading deadline,give some of these dudes a chance to look worthwhile, and build interest around the league

I love Balkmans hustle and D but he woulda been benched all season.

1. Coach likes his bigmen to be able to shoot the ball.

2. Jones and Green will be long gone by the time camp rolls around.

3. After waiving/buying-out both players, the roster will be down to 15.

4. Knicks will be saving $2 million.

1.32M off the books + cash consideration +a 2nd round pick in 2010 just for Balkman? How do you say no to that, he won't get minutes here.

The Knicks now have two 2nd round picks in 2010, we would have a 1st rounder as well but PHX has that pick from the Marbury trade, good job Zeke.

^utah now has that pick

and i also think the knicks actually paid Denver something between 500k and 600k.

but still a good deal to part amicably with a player that would have never gotten off the bench in this system

Back
Top Bottom