OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

im reading mixed things on which direction cash went in this balkman trade. not like it really matters tho

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

i love balkmans game, do you guys like him?

I like Balkman but like others have said there was a logjam at SF and his game does not fit D'Antonis system.

The Knicks forked over half a mil to the Nuggest but the trade still saves them 1.32 mil in the long run. For those who think Balkman just could have beenpackaged with ZBO may not realize that market is not that attractive for Randolph right now.

yo allen...i found something that might interest us both about ewing jr.

"Speaking of the Ewing family, reports indicate that Patrick Ewing Jr., drafted in the second round of last month's draft by Sacramento, may be sentto Houston as part of the deal that sends Ron Artest to the Rockets and could be waived thereafter.

Which means Donnie Walsh, who said he liked the younger Ewing, could snap him up and invite him to training camp.

Young Patrick probably becomes nothing more than a rotation player in the NBA, if he sticks at all, but he's one of those intangible players coaches andexecutives seem to like."

http://njmg.typepad.com/knickknacks/2008/07/on-randolph-mor.html

even if he did get a camp invite he's not making the team until we buyout big snacks or steph....but pat jr's game is like balkman's with moreathleticism and a jump shot

^Yeah I agree he would not make the team unless at least one of those two moves ar made.

HTTB Green and Jones wont officially be waived until August 14th I believe when their contracts becaome official.

[h1]MSG SPORTS' PRESIDENT MILLS DEMOTED[/h1] [h2]FORMER NBA SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT O'NEIL TAKES OVER[/h2]
[h3]By DAN MARTIN[/h3]
Posted: 3:45 pm
July 30, 2008

Isiah Thomas has gone from being the face of the Knicks New York Knicks
t.gif
to virtual irrelevance and now his former boss is in a similar position.

Steve Mills is out as president of Madison Square Garden Sports, replaced yesterday by Scott O'Neil.

The move was part of a reorganization of Garden management and leaves Mills, who was embroiled in the Thomas sexual harassment scandal last year, aspresident of business operations. He will report to O'Neil, who came over from the NBA.

O'Neil, 38, will oversee business aspects of all sports at the Garden, including the Knicks and Rangers New York Rangers
t.gif

Mills' future was in doubt ever since the Garden was forced to pay out $11.5 million to Anucha Brown-Saunders after she sued MSG. Both she and Thomas,who has been shoved aside in place of new Knicks president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni, reported to Mills.

Like Thomas Mills will not leave the Garden, but instead take over a new role. While O'Neil takes over after serving as senior vice president of theNBA, where he oversaw the league's team marketing and business operations.

The move was announced by Hank Ratner, vice chairman of Madison Square Garden and Cablevision Systems Corporation.

Knicks fan checking in. Hopefully they change the face of the organization for the better. We're in a rebuilding process so I expect things like this tohappen.

^ Definitely, puts me at ease a little more, you can see that they're trying and working to make a change.

I would LOVE to see Pat Ewing Jr. as a Knick.

Melo I like everything about that trade except for taking on Hinrichs contract for four years. Especially when we are already cluttered at PG.

well speaking of larry hughes:

[h1]Bulls Discover Some Trade Interest InHughes[/h1]

Jul 31, 2008 3:28 PM EST

Hughes_Larry_chi.jpg
The Bulls have discovered someinterest in guard Larry Hughes with the obvious caveat of exchanging troublesome contract for troublesome contract.

Since the Bulls need to thin out their backcourt, some possibilities could include Portland's Joe Przybilla, NewYork's Jared Jeffries, Dallas' Erick Dampier or Denver's Kenyon Martin.

Via Daily Herald
i would love to get rid of jeffries for hughes and he is anexpiring contract also

knicks would have to add at least another player to make that deal work...i doubt chicago would take JJ + Rose so i don't think anything is going to happenhere...i mean where does hughes even fit other than coming off the books after next season? we have a million wing players at this point

Originally Posted by Woodside718

well speaking of larry hughes:

[h1]Bulls Discover Some Trade Interest In Hughes[/h1]

Jul 31, 2008 3:28 PM EST

Hughes_Larry_chi.jpg
The Bulls have discovered some interest in guard Larry Hughes with the obvious caveat of exchanging troublesome contract for troublesome contract.

Since the Bulls need to thin out their backcourt, some possibilities could include Portland's Joe Przybilla, New York's Jared Jeffries, Dallas' Erick Dampier or Denver's Kenyon Martin.

Via Daily Herald
i would love to get rid of jeffries for hughes and he is an expiring contract also
Garbage for garbage.

Back
Top Bottom