OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Wilson
pimp.gif

i was gonna use that chandler dunk for my new avy this morning but i had to dip

as far as accessories tho, rabbi>>basketball

since when did Quentin Richardson become the knicks announcer
laugh.gif

some of my opinions:
Danilo Galinari looked very passive in the first half, but in the second half he picked it up...he looked decent today... Dude likes to play like a guard lolbut he's 6'10 lol
Wilson Chandler impressed me the most

and JJ Hickson (for cleveland), damn that dude was beasting in the first half

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

and JJ Hickson (for cleveland), damn that dude was beasting in the first half
oh, it was disgusting.

son yammed it on balkman's neck.

sick.gif

edit: damn ybd.

it aint even that serious.

After seeing this combination today of Galinari and Chandler, I think they will be a perfect compliment for one another in the future. With Chandler'sathleticism, strength, and slashing/finishing ability at the 3, and Danilo with his versatile offensive repertoire and basketball savvy at the 4 (plus he willgrow some and get stronger, meaning better rebounding/defense), I really think it's a good look for the future.

The Rooster will be able to play in the league. I hope some of you who were so against the pick will be able to see what this kid can bring to the team. As hedevelops I think he is exactly what the team needed. Outside shooting, scoring versatility, great basketball iq, competitive, and looks to be a really goodteammate.

I think if those 2 are on the floor at the same time...Chandler will play more of the 4.

He is a GREAT rebounder.

But they are interchangeable....I just worry about the post defense and lack of size.

...IF they play well this year, David Lee is gona get packaged with a big contract, no doubt.

Watching the replay on MSG now, Rooster has unlimited energy out there
laugh.gif

Hustling on both sides of the ball

Balkman is that dude, I can see him THRIVING in this system.

correct me if im wrong but didnt the knicks go 4-0 last year at the summer league?? and we still didnt improve during the reg season

i just turned in.....

i like his game thus far...we get him some defensive drills and he'll be aight.

Chandler/Rooster...not bad...

eek.gif

Dude really did the Shammgod.
laugh.gif

I like his game. Seems like he's willing to drive the lane and get a little dirty. Has a nice handle, and will cause so many mismatches.

I wanna see Bargnani do the *#%# Gallo was doing out there today....

Let the Lamar Odom/Kevin Durant comparions begin....

both are alot more athletic than Gallo...but he's just as versatile

Originally Posted by dreClark

Chandler at the 4?

Ju serious?

I don't like small ball and never will...but if that's what we're going with...yeah, Chandler would most likely be there.

Chandler is gonna cause problems this year... I wish zeke could've gave him more PT... Galinari looked good in the 2nd half... he hustled on both ends andmake few mistakes... we should be good this yr

By MARC BERMAN

LAS VEGAS - Isiah Thomas may have left Donnie Walsh a nice parting gift - 2007 first-rounder Wilson ChandlerWilson Chandler .

While the focus was on Danilo Gallinari's summer-league debut, the player that will help most this coming season is second-year man Wilson Chandler.

The other day at practice, Mike D'Antoni, unsolicited, raved about Chandler and did so again after Monday's summer-league victory in which Chandlerscored 26 points with 8 rebounds and two blocks.

LAS VEGAS - Knicks New York Knicks rookie Danilo Gallinari can stand to eat a few canolis.

In the most illustrative play of Gallinari's mixed-bag debut, Cavaliers center Tractor Traylor backed in on Gallinari and sent the 6-foot-10 small forwardflying to the floor, allowing an uncontested layup in the second quarter.

It was all part of a miserable first half for the 19-year-old Gallinari, who looked light as a feather and raised questions on whether he'll be overpoweredon defense.

Mike D'Antoni summed up all Knicks' fans worries when he said, "Well, I was worried the first half," D'Antoni said. "He got calledfor three, four fouls, you walk. But he righted the ship."

The Italian Stallion was scoreless during a foul-plagued half, looking confused on both ends. But after missing his first five shots, he turned it on in thelast two quarters, scoring all 14 of his points in the final 13 minutes to finish a respectable 5-of-11 from the field with six rebounds. But yesterday'sperformance hardly shouted he's ready to make a big impact as a rookie.

"He'll have to get stronger," D'Antoni said. "He won't back down. He has some strength issues, but that will come naturally. I'dbe worried if he couldn't pass. Strength is not very hard to fix."

Gallinari picked up a foul on the opening possession hacking Mike Green 25 feet from the basket. He committed his second foul, on an illegal pick momentslater.

"The referees are different; I was just trying to figure it out," Gallinari said. "This kind of fouling in Europe are not fouls. I will adapt mygame to it."

Gallinari shot 0-for-4 in the half, including an airball, made three turnovers, including a palming violation. Gallinari finally made his first basket with2:15 left in the third quarter on a 15-footer. And then he caught fire.

Gallinari scored eight points in the final 2:15 of the third, heating up from the perimeter. He also scored on a potent putback dunk and layup off a prettycrossover. Gallinari was taken out late because he banged his knee and also said he had a sore back from the two-a-days.

"Part of it was the flow of the game, it just didn't happen for him," Knicks summer-league coach Phil Weber said. "Strength is an issue andas he gets older he'll fill out. If you've seen rookies before, they'll look unbelievable and then they'll struggle. He showed someflashes."

D'Antoni was impressed Gallinari battled back.

"His poise and his character is one of the big reasons we drafted him that high (sixth)," D'Antoni said. "Obviously he's not close to afinished product. But we got time to wait."

Under-the-gun Stephon Marbury Stephon Marbury , sporting his new head tattoo of his Starbury 3 logo, sat on Knicks bench in dark shades, looking unworried. Buta reporter from Italy told D'Antoni in Italian he liked Marbury and the Knicks coach laughed and retorted in Italian, "You like Marbury?"

..I was worried that Walsh + D'Antoni weren't fans of Chandler....glad that's changed

Back
Top Bottom